Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 pm
definitely, without a doubt a demisexual...

It actually makes perfect sense, considering I thought I was Ace for a while.

surprised

I don't really feel a sexual attraction without building a strong personal connection first and even then, my love is moreso on a personal attraction basis than a physical one. I long for something meaningful and strong. Dating sites are just meaningless words on a page.

That also explains why I haven't liked using dating sites and I've grown jaded of them.

With the chats in those, people talk at you, like you're some sort of candidate, not a person wanting to connect. It's the kind of environment places like that foster, which is no good for me, actually.

I've always felt dating sites were a bunch of hooey.

IRL, I really don't get when people flirt with me or notice they're flirting very often.

Unfortunately, that means dating sites and apps don't do it for me as much as people sing their praises to the skies and tell me to use them as if it'll solve all my problems. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:04 am
Welcome to the club!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:43 pm
Prof. Moonie
Welcome to the club!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

biggrin Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:12 pm
That actually sounds rather interesting. You are the second person I know who is demisexual.  

Anatsu_Tenshi

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 am
Hooray for discovering things about yourself! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:06 pm
Glad to know I'm not alone. It's always felt odd, being one who couldn't really tell she was even being flirted at unless she really knew someone. I could almost have felt guilty... looking back on it and realizing intentions. Feelings don't quite reach me easily, it seems. ^w^;

Oh dear.

This is going to make finding the one a real challenge, but hopefully one with a lasting and happy reward that doesn't end in... well... what too many marriages these days become.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am
Saikii
Glad to know I'm not alone. It's always felt odd, being one who couldn't really tell she was even being flirted at unless she really knew someone. I could almost have felt guilty... looking back on it and realizing intentions. Feelings don't quite reach me easily, it seems. ^w^;

Oh dear.

This is going to make finding the one a real challenge, but hopefully one with a lasting and happy reward that doesn't end in... well... what too many marriages these days become.

I know the feeling. Unless someone is being extremely obvious with their flirting, I often don't even know someone is flirting with me. Usually someone else has to bring it up for me to realize what the interaction was. It's even more awkward when someone tries to ask me out on a date within moments of meeting each other and I tell them I don't go on dates with people I don't know and prefer to get to know someone as friends prior; many like to argue that dates are a way to do this - and this may be true for some - but for me, that's not how a roll. I don't want to waste someone's time thinking something romantic might happen when I realize there's truly nothing there.

My demisexuality (though at the time I wasn't aware that's what I was; I just thought it was because of other stuff from my past) has made it a bit harder in the dating realm just because some of the guys I've dated have been on different levels of intimacy than I'm ready for. It may take awhile but there will eventually be someone out there who will understand what my needs are and respect them.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games