Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Book Challenges

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I challenge you to...
  READ MORE BOOKS!
View Results

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:18 pm
There's so many book challenges out there to try. Some challenge you to choose a goal amount of books to read within a year. Others prompt you genres or themes to pull from (i.e. local authors, historical fiction, book from another country, etc.).

Have you participated in any book challenges? What are some of the most memorable books you've encountered through these challenges?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:22 pm
For me, I've been doing the challenge of setting a goal number you hope to achieve for the year. Been doing it for the past 5 years or so now, I think.

I haven't done any of the other types of challenges. Yet. I've got a handful pinned on Pinterest though for me to check out. But I'm waiting to do those until I finish reading the pile of unread books that's been sitting around my room for far too long.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:54 pm
I haven't heard of any book-related challenges but it does sound like a great idea. With how I've been with reading I think a good one for me would be like one new book a month. I haven't really been doing as much reading as I used to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:21 pm
Vikabro
I haven't heard of any book-related challenges but it does sound like a great idea. With how I've been with reading I think a good one for me would be like one new book a month. I haven't really been doing as much reading as I used to.

There's some good book challenges out there in different formats. Some are in list form, some in bingo layout. They usually give you a prompt of what to read such as "a book made into a movie you've already seen," "a novel based on a real person," "a book recommend by library staff," and "a book by an LGBTQ+ author." Then there's some out there that actually list specific books to challenge you to read.

Another great way of expanding your range of reading is getting involved with book clubs. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:56 pm
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro

There's some good book challenges out there in different formats. Some are in list form, some in bingo layout. They usually give you a prompt of what to read such as "a book made into a movie you've already seen," "a novel based on a real person," "a book recommend by library staff," and "a book by an LGBTQ+ author." Then there's some out there that actually list specific books to challenge you to read.

Another great way of expanding your range of reading is getting involved with book clubs. 3nodding
I think I might look into them later. Though for now I actually have loads of books I could read I haven't yet touched. I might start with those for now. I'm thinking of starting with the ones I recently got for Christmas.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:29 pm
Vikabro
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro

I think I might look into them later. Though for now I actually have loads of books I could read I haven't yet touched. I might start with those for now. I'm thinking of starting with the ones I recently got for Christmas.

I know the feeling. Last year I started focusing on just reading the pile of unread books I have accumulated over the years. I'm about half way through them. So, even with my Mom adding books to the pile as she gets through her pile of unread books, I may be able to get through them all this year.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:50 pm
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro

I know the feeling. Last year I started focusing on just reading the pile of unread books I have accumulated over the years. I'm about half way through them. So, even with my Mom adding books to the pile as she gets through her pile of unread books, I may be able to get through them all this year.
I'm hoping I can make a good dent. Hopefully, you'd be able to make a good dent in your this year as well.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games