Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:37 pm
I know this is scary, but if the panic-buying continues, they will go to a forced ration system. This is as much a fight against fear as it is against the virus. Please, only get what you and your loved ones need. The inside of these grocery stores right now is very unsettling and I work in one. Shelves, empty, items being limited due to high demand. There's a palpable tension in the air and work is really starting to feel unsettling, but I'm trying to stay strong for those around me. I can't wait for AC to come out so it can help ease my mind and get it off this event. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:29 am
I haven't even tried. Waiting for the panic buying to stop. Rationing might mean I can actually get some milk and TP. rolleyes

Sorry you're having to deal with morons, Saikii.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 pm
Part of the problem - aside from people overbuying, of course - is the warehouses can't keep up with the demand. Instead of people's shopping being spread out over time, it's being all condensed into a short period, due to people focusing on staying at home more and some being "laid off" because places closing up due to COVID-19 precautions (so they're getting food while they still have a few paychecks coming in from previous shifts).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am
Been relatively lucky here. Went grocery shopping yesterday, the only thing I couldn't find that was on my list was some clorox disinfecting wipes. Otherwise I'm treating it like the usual grocery run.

The media has been overhyping the stocking up. Realistically having 2-3 weeks of supplies on hand at all times is a good thing. Going to the grocery store less frequently means getting more supplies, which makes sense. However, no one needs 5 liters of hand sanitizer unless they normally go through 1 liter a week.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am
Prof. Moonie
Part of the problem - aside from people overbuying, of course - is the warehouses can't keep up with the demand. Instead of people's shopping being spread out over time, it's being all condensed into a short period, due to people focusing on staying at home more and some being "laid off" because places closing up due to COVID-19 precautions (so they're getting food while they still have a few paychecks coming in from previous shifts).

This week is much better than last week. I think people have finally managed to stuff their freezers and cupboards to capacity. xd

Also I hear a lot of places are denying returns, which is a nice slap in the face to the panic-purchasers. Enjoy your thirty year supply of TP! I hope you got the kind you like because you'll be wiping your a** with it for a looong time! biggrin

Also I'm betting in a few months food drives for the homeless and such will do really well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:50 pm
This was somewhat nice of you to post this Advice. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  

TheLuckyOne149

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 am
It kinda sucked at first. When it all started it was very hard to buy toilet paper. We've gotten to where if we find any in a store we buy what we can find. Just a little bit at a time. We are at a point we are okay for a while without having to worry. Been the same with a lot of other things. Though lately, things seemed to have calmed down. Though now an then I can see shelves for cleaners and papers to become barren. But at least not to the point where it is impossible to get anything.

But yeah. The whole thing with panic buying really sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm
Vikabro
It kinda sucked at first. When it all started it was very hard to buy toilet paper. We've gotten to where if we find any in a store we buy what we can find. Just a little bit at a time. We are at a point we are okay for a while without having to worry. Been the same with a lot of other things. Though lately, things seemed to have calmed down. Though now an then I can see shelves for cleaners and papers to become barren. But at least not to the point where it is impossible to get anything.

Yeah, the panic buying was the main issue of so many shortages on items. Instead of shopping on regular basis, people were shopping all at once and stores/warehouses couldn't keep up with the demand.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:51 pm
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro

Yeah, the panic buying was the main issue of so many shortages on items. Instead of shopping on regular basis, people were shopping all at once and stores/warehouses couldn't keep up with the demand.
Luckily we never really had much issue due to everyone else panic buying. Though my mom did kinda get caught up with it and might have been ripped off from buying some TP online.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games