Well, guess that's it

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:30 pm
My governor has issued a two week stay at home order.

About 100% certain that being a childcare provider for first responders/doctors/the like means that I'm still going into work, but who knows how that schedule is going to end up looking.

Oh, yeah, right, so, I've been getting paid to keep my phone on and ready to jump if they call me to come into work. But since they may not call me in, the amount of hours that I am on call is about 11.5 hours, but only getting paid for about 7 of it. It's a weird situation. Honestly it's probably a pretty good situation to be in. get paid, overall be safe at home, know that I'll have a job when this is all over. I am quite fortunate compared to those that are still working full time in this situation, or gotten laid off/frozen pay and work.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:32 am
Welcome to the quarantine party. neutral  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:18 am
Who knows confused
I had work yesterday and will have work today. Who knows what work will be like next week, maybe no work, maybe still work, maybe reduced work. Honestly yesterday and today are the first time I've actually had work since I had a meeting on the 10th. (haven't had actual work since the sixth)

It's a wild situation. Unemployment soaring, people applying for unemployment despite still having a job that isn't paying them, people getting reduced hours. Grocery stores/retail stores getting swamped in some places. (basic stuff always, like eggs, milk, flour, bread, meat, cleaning supplies, pasta and pasta sauce, canned goods, bottled water.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 am
I guess this means I really shouldn't be going on my walks anymore.
though i do see people out not following the stay at home order.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:09 am
Yeah, I'm in the boat where the governor's "Stay-At-Home" order doesn't really affect me much because I'm considered an essential worker at the assisted living I work at. While there's a part of me that feels awkward going against the order, I'm just glad I still have a job I can count on to bring in a nice amount of income. Last weekend I ended up working some extra hours, so that's a nice additional boost on top of my usual amount.

I was "laid off" at the movie theater, so I am currently doing the "Standby" unemployment to cover the loss of minor income from there until things get better. Hopefully.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:14 am
wellwisher
I guess this means I really shouldn't be going on my walks anymore.
though i do see people out not following the stay at home order.

Ideally they recommend they stay in your homes; if you need to go outside, I think they recommend staying in your own yard or block. Though, if the guidelines are similar to what our state has, "Essential activities permitted under this Proclamation are limited to the following […] Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running or biking, but only if appropriate social distancing practices are used." So... essentially you can still do such outdoor activities as long as you practice the distancing guidelines and aren't going into parks/trails/etc. that have been closed due to your states' precaution guidelines.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

TheLuckyOne149

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:52 pm
Maybe things will somewhat hopefully get better in the Future. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games