Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:14 am
https://imgur.com/gallery/Hyc81AN

Well, just sent in the request for my first unemployment check.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 pm
Someone’s bored cuz of the pandemic.

I am to, I feel like citizen z in z nation nothing to do isolated in my home living on crappy unemployment.  

Anaya the Bee

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 pm
Oh wow, you to. But I got terminated right at start of pandemic, I had to do an appeal and mainly won cuz my employer failed to have a rep present.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Anaya the Bee
Oh wow, you to. But I got terminated right at start of pandemic, I had to do an appeal and mainly won cuz my employer failed to have a rep present.

There's a lot of people going on unemployment right now because many businesses (who are deemed non-essential) have had to temporarily close because of their state's COVID-19 quarantine lockdown guidelines and they have "laid off" employees, so they are able to apply for the special COVID-19 unemployment set-up.

While I'm considered an essential employee at the assisted living I work at, I was "laid off" from my movie theater position. So I'm on unemployment at this time until the theater is able to open back up and employees can go back and work.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:38 pm
Prof. Moonie
There's a lot of people going on unemployment right now because many businesses (who are deemed non-essential) have had to temporarily close because of their state's COVID-19 quarantine lockdown guidelines and they have "laid off" employees, so they are able to apply for the special COVID-19 unemployment set-up.

While I'm considered an essential employee at the assisted living I work at, I was "laid off" from my movie theater position. So I'm on unemployment at this time until the theater is able to open back up and employees can go back and work.
Kind of an "if" statement there. a lot of movie theaters are in some dire straits even before this pandemic forced closures. So we'll have to see how many movie theaters survive to return to how they were before. (Less staff, and/or less locations are probably likely)  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:11 pm
I mean this can’t be right my time at dg is from 2013 to 2020 when I got terminated on March 13, 2020. So long term doesn’t matter at retarded Dollar General. So they just did poof with me. Now they have to pay unemployment to me now  

Anaya the Bee

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:40 am
wellwisher
Prof. Moonie

Kind of an "if" statement there. a lot of movie theaters are in some dire straits even before this pandemic forced closures. So we'll have to see how many movie theaters survive to return to how they were before. (Less staff, and/or less locations are probably likely)

For smaller theaters, yeah, I can see that. But for the movie theater I work for, the company has already stated they are financially good at this time and don't expect to be in any trouble due to the pandemic closures. I'm just curious on what movies we will end up showing because of so many already being fast-forwarded to streaming services or postponed to later dates.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 pm
Have they indicated that the lay off is temporary and will reinstate employees when things can start opening up? Or will it be a rehire?

I ask since, my primary job has us "laid off" but it's functionally a furlough. (They're often used interchangeably but are actually quite different. Furlough is still employed, but not working, or making money, still getting insurance, and it's usually for a period of time that's determined at the start of the furlough.. versus laid off being the "We can't afford/don't need all the staff we normally need during these times.) Both cases are better than being fired of course. As both a Furlough and being laid off indicate that the reasoning for you not making money is outside of your control, and in some cases (like the current situation) outside of the companies control.

Being fired, usually means that something has gone wrong at the location you work at, either through your fault, or through someone else's fault that has been blamed on you. (most commonly with managers that are incompetent/covering themselves, or not being what said company is looking for in a worker. Can also be from not following directions, being a general bad employee, or more specific things.) There's also being "let go" which normally happens during that early grace period where the company is testing you out to see if you're a good fit or not. (usually about 2-4 weeks for the duration of the grace period since your hire.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:48 pm
Well wisher hates me  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm
wellwisher
Have they indicated that the lay off is temporary and will reinstate employees when things can start opening up? Or will it be a rehire?

I ask since, my primary job has us "laid off" but it's functionally a furlough. (They're often used interchangeably but are actually quite different. Furlough is still employed, but not working, or making money, still getting insurance, and it's usually for a period of time that's determined at the start of the furlough.. versus laid off being the "We can't afford/don't need all the staff we normally need during these times.) Both cases are better than being fired of course. As both a Furlough and being laid off indicate that the reasoning for you not making money is outside of your control, and in some cases (like the current situation) outside of the companies control.

Being fired, usually means that something has gone wrong at the location you work at, either through your fault, or through someone else's fault that has been blamed on you. (most commonly with managers that are incompetent/covering themselves, or not being what said company is looking for in a worker. Can also be from not following directions, being a general bad employee, or more specific things.) There's also being "let go" which normally happens during that early grace period where the company is testing you out to see if you're a good fit or not. (usually about 2-4 weeks for the duration of the grace period since your hire.

Once the movie theater is given permission to re-open and allow floor staff to start working again, they are planning on bringing us back. At least that's their plan at this time.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:56 pm
Prof. Moonie
Once the movie theater is given permission to re-open and allow floor staff to start working again, they are planning on bringing us back. At least that's their plan at this time.
Sounds like at least the theater has a plan to get people working again.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games