Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This year's Fourth of July will be a bit different for many Americans due to current lockdown scenarios and many related events and activities being cancelled.

So, I'm curious... how are you planning on celebrating the holiday? Is it the same as you typically celebrate it or have you had to adjust your usual activities due to current events?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 am
Yesterday my work did a special lunch featuring grilled hot dog or hamburger (person's choice) with baked beans, potato salad, and watermelon. Quite delicious!

I got to celebrate the evening watching and setting off fireworks with my best friend's family who lives near me. It was fun getting to reconnect with them and just seeing how much some of my friend's younger siblings have grown up. Quite a few people in the area setting off fireworks, so even without hanging out with my friend's family, I would've had plenty of firework displays to enjoy.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 pm
For the fourth, I was hoping to get a swimsuit along with an inflatable pool. Soak for a bit then watch the fireworks that the neighbors were setting off. No pool and I managed to get the swimsuit. Played around with a water hose for a bit. Went on a ride by a lake. Otherwise it was pretty quiet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:08 pm
I played with my pop-its while watching bigger illegal fireworks in the neighborhood.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:17 pm
We were actually on the road driving on July 4th. We were going through Phoenix during the evening and saw a lot of fireworks going off in the night sky along the freeway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 pm
Prof. Moonie
Yesterday my work did a special lunch featuring grilled hot dog or hamburger (person's choice) with baked beans, potato salad, and watermelon. Quite delicious!

I got to celebrate the evening watching and setting off fireworks with my best friend's family who lives near me. It was fun getting to reconnect with them and just seeing how much some of my friend's younger siblings have grown up. Quite a few people in the area setting off fireworks, so even without hanging out with my friend's family, I would've had plenty of firework displays to enjoy.

It's always nice when workplaces decide to have small employee-appreciation-type events like that and celebrate holidays with staff. smile

Also, I must be hungry because that sounds amazing right now. emotion_drool  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:28 am
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

It's always nice when workplaces decide to have small employee-appreciation-type events like that and celebrate holidays with staff. smile

Also, I must be hungry because that sounds amazing right now. emotion_drool

Oh, it wasn't for the employees... well, employees could have some if they wanted it. It's what they did for the resident's lunch.

But otherwise, yes, our workplace (and company) is really good at doing appreciation gestures for the employees, whether it's just lunch or dinner or putting on a holiday-themed get-together.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games