Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Old wounds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm mostly here to complain
  Thanks for visiting. There is some platinium.
View Results

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:24 am
Yep. Just me complaining about old wounds to the void.

For context, I was in an accident roughly 18 years ago. Or rather a little over. But not by much as it happened on the 12th of September of 2002. The accident in question was that I got ran over while riding my bike to school. The person came up on my blind side. [Poor vision on my left side due to birth defect.] As a result, I got a pretty bad road rash and a sprained ankle. In fact, it is a ******** miracle no bones were broken as that ankle was actually under a tire of a ******** truck. It was only under there for a few seconds. But it was probably the scariest few seconds of my life.

Anyway, to this day that road rash is pretty much just a pretty consistently dry patch of skin that will become super dry and irritated and will sting badly if any lotion is applied. Well, that spot got into a super dry state. I tried to use a foot creme and it felt as if I freshly scraped the skin upon the pavement. Cleaning the area make the stinging worse somehow. So I wash the area and put a cold compress and it's alright now. I'm really not looking forward to winter.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:55 am
Vikabro

For context, I was in an accident roughly 18 years ago. Or rather a little over. But not by much as it happened on the 12th of September of 2002. The accident in question was that I got ran over while riding my bike to school. The person came up on my blind side. [Poor vision on my left side due to birth defect.] As a result, I got a pretty bad road rash and a sprained ankle. In fact, it is a ******** miracle no bones were broken as that ankle was actually under a tire of a ******** truck. It was only under there for a few seconds. But it was probably the scariest few seconds of my life.

Anyway, to this day that road rash is pretty much just a pretty consistently dry patch of skin that will become super dry and irritated and will sting badly if any lotion is applied. Well, that spot got into a super dry state. I tried to use a foot creme and it felt as if I freshly scraped the skin upon the pavement. Cleaning the area make the stinging worse somehow. So I wash the area and put a cold compress and it's alright now. I'm really not looking forward to winter.

Have you thought about going to a dermatologist?  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Meh101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm
That sucks.... maybe u could get the skin removed an put pig skin in its place. that is what they do with really bad burn victims.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Vikabro

Have you thought about going to a dermatologist?
To be honest I never really thought about it. I might look into it.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:37 am
I definitely would recommend you getting that road rash patch of your skin checked out, especially if it hasn't healed up since the accident. The doctor might have a crème or lotion that will be better suited for the issues you're having that the other items you've been using.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games