Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:24 pm
Thanksgiving. I understand that it has a darker history than a lot of us like to admit, but... I do think it's important to be thankful for the things and people in your life that you love and care about...

and I don't want that spirit of thankfulness to be forgotten or disliked just because of the bad things that happened. Yes, those things should never be forgotten as well, but... I don't want to forget the things that are important to me, either...

I do think we should keep Thanksgiving, with remembrance and reverence to the past and a keen and fond appreciation of the people, places, and things we love now while we're still alive.

Plus, I gotta admit, stuffing my face once a year with such amazing homecooked meals is so much fun! sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:30 pm
I... know the embellishments taught in younger grades and presented in school plays aren't really correct. I do think the truth should be taught, but what should be kept is the love.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:28 pm
No one is forcing you to stop celebrating the holiday. If you wish to celebrate it, you can do so. And it doesn't have to be how media or taught history portrays it as being. If you want to change the aesthetic to your personal beliefs, then go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 am
Just celebrate it as a day to be with family and friends (or if alone enjoy doing something you like). You don’t have to acknowledge the darker history of the holiday.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas