Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sould i tell him
  yes
  no
View Results

owhatshername

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:43 pm
How do you tell one of your best friends. that you know cuts and is kinda unstable and blind to the things infront of him that his girlfriend is a liar. first of all they are in a freakin long distance relationship and i meen far apart. and she starts saying all this bitchy stuff to him and then her explanation for it is she said she was driving home with one of her good friends and he raped her yet she was able to tell him this over the phone and i dont think you would be able to tell someone you care about that you were raped over the phone and act completly normal the whole time. he asked me what i think and instead of telling him that i thought she did the guy and to make it all better and to make him feel sorry for her she said it was rape instead of that i told him that idk. now shes telling him that she might be pregnant with the guys baby and asking him to help her take care of it and crap. now mabe this guy did do this to her and im just an untrusting b***h but i dont want to see him get hurt again cause he takes everything verry seriusly. i just dont believe it but i need to do something about it or im going to go crazy what do you suggest  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:21 pm
Hmm... tough call. I think that, instead of confronting him and downright telling him she's a liar, I think it might be best if you just presented what you think of her, but don't force him to do anything- he's gotta make a decision by himself. This is a fragile situation, so you must take utmost care that he doesn't get hurt.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

[ch3353m4n]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:02 pm
Maybe rather than telling him right now, try to get him some help. Try your school counserlor or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:29 pm
theres a slight problem with the counsler idea they know about him cutting and they dont really care  

owhatshername

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:31 pm
They don't care that he's cutting?

I think your school needs to find new counselors.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:53 am
Tell him. If you can't then you aren't a good friend of his and are just a pathetic as the girl.  

Avalite

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 am
I may be a little late, but I suggest that you tell him and let him know or he'll be oblivious to the fact until he gets a rude awakening, and if you're a good enough friend and don't wanna see this guy um...get hurt...it would be easy just to lay it on him, but don't lay it on too thick though because guys actually have feelings too (if you cut yourself then you're sorta showing it in a self destructive way), but don't let him stay too far in the dark

(look at me giving advice and I'm in my first serious relationship)  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:27 am
tell him, and make sure he knows u care for him and are there for him 100% so he might not kill himself or anything.  

ShadowHeart426

scamp745

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:06 pm
TropSakuroMiteryu
Tell him. If you can't then you aren't a good friend of his and are just a pathetic as the girl.

I think thats wrong, and I agree with Askeptykal . I think you should try to get the facts as much as you can and also let him know you are there for him. I mean she could have been raped, maybe not, but you should deffinitly tell him how you feel without making him feel he HAS to do what you say. But I personally think HE shouldnt have to take care of HER baby... maybe thats just me though... But you should try to get as much of your facts right as you can...  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am
Well, it sounds like you friend needs a good kick in the balls. But the more senceable and more positive thing to do is to talk to him. The man has opened up to you, he trust's you and more impotantly your oppinion to be right. If you don't want your friend to be hurt, and if you want to set him on the right track, you should step up and confornt him. Tell him that when he asked you, you where timid and was taken off gaurd due to being asked the question; or something like that.

After telling him what you think don't just stop there. Help him come up with some way to tell her off. Not only does it sound like his present girlfriend is going to use him for support, she will probably destroy him further than he already is with cutting himself. hey, if your worried enough and like this guy enough, why dont you date him and help him the most that you can by making sure that he does have a good relationship with you.

What ever you do, good luck.  

-The management-

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:51 am
I'm thinking he shouldn't be in this type of relationship to begin with.
Sure the car-rape scenario could've happened, but it sounds like a overdramatization of what could just be an affair.
My opinion on this issue: He needs to get out of the relationship, and meet new people.

And cutting is just plain stupid, a cry for attention more than help.

I'm not being apathetic or insensitive, but it just seems ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:37 pm
Just like the others before me, I don't know if I'm too late or not.

I, personally, have been very close to losing my mind very recently. Even when I was on the brink like that, however, I still wanted things to be said bluntly and honestly. Your friend has no use for lies, half truths, or things being hinted at.

It is simple, she did not get raped. Rape is a very traumatic experience, physically, mentally, and emotionally. She would not have been able to talk about it so freely. If it was "rape", and she didn't even resist at all, then was it really rape? Short answer is No.

Tell your friend that he has to leave her, because she doesn't care about him. If she wants help, then she should ask her so called rapist to help her...

On that rape bit again... if he was her friend, and raped her, then why would she even bother calling him a friend anymore? She doesn't care about him, but probably thinks he would make a better father than the turd who knocked her up.

Tell him, before he gets too deep into the problems of someone who only wants to use him, and just cares for money, and someone to hold the baby while she is out having fun. Make her live her life as the screw-up she is.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Omega Girlie

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:08 pm
wow...try to figure out what really happened before you do anything rash.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:23 pm
i think you should just tell him alone
on what you think
maybe start with a few questions like
"do you think she would tell you that she was raped, y'know someone improtant?"
"Do you completly trust you girlfriend?"
but those might be too personal

and why wont you just report to the police that she was raped?
that way
if she was trying to use you friend then she would be screwed
and if she was telling the truth then you have rid another raper
or whatever  

baka_soul

royal jester york

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:40 am
school is of no help, based upon the fact that they asociate more so with the "normal kids" so yeah, ask them if you feel that somethings hapeening, but some ppl perfer to keep things to themselves.

a prime example is my love refuses to tel me sometimes when i feel that something wrong happened, but were in completly different countries so it doenst help me

also some ppl arnt as effected by things im mean ive been abused all my life and i dont even care anymore  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff