Submit

HELP ME! Please?
  Yes
  NO!
  hmmmmm......maybe
View Results

blubabe_o9

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:20 pm
I'm not talking about the whole works and all, I just want to learn a few basic conversational Japanese phrases......or how to say simple little things........p.m. or post, just write 'Japanese' in the subject box of the p.m.

THANK YOU FOR WASTING VALUABLE TIME BY READING THIS! xd

heart If you help me, I'll love yu forever (friend:friend, not stalkingyoufriend:Getawayfrommeyoufreakfriend)  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:43 pm
blubabe_o9
I'm not talking about the whole works and all, I just want to learn a few basic conversational Japanese phrases......or how to say simple little things........p.m. or post, just write 'Japanese' in the subject box of the p.m.

THANK YOU FOR WASTING VALUABLE TIME BY READING THIS! xd

heart If you help me, I'll love yu forever (friend:friend, not stalkingyoufriend:Getawayfrommeyoufreakfriend)
As there probably aren't any certified teachers here, no one can reasonably be expected to give you the help for which you are asking. You see, Japanese pronunciation is very far from English, in many ways; if I were to type a phrase like "omae no shumi wa nan desu ka?" you would have no idea how to say it. I can link you to some web sites and recommend some books, if you want. I like seeing people ask questions, though! I do encourage that.  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Inu-fan_16

3,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:30 pm
I don't know if katsuhaiabi told you about it or not, but here is a website about Japanese:
www.japanese-online.com

I don't know how good it is because I joined but didn't stick with it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:42 pm
hahaha i'd LOVE to help but i'm actually teaching myself the language i have no instuctors and i get criticized by people just for learning the language and i pretty much have things down pat my only problem is conjugating verbs crying  

DarthJudge

qwertqwe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:46 pm
There's Hirigana, Romanji, Katakana, and Kanji. Which one(s) do you want to learn?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:09 pm
i say you should buy a english/japanese dictionary. thats what im using  

Dark Linis

blubabe_o9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:49 pm
qwertqwe
There's Hirigana, Romanji, Katakana, and Kanji. Which one(s) do you want to learn?

I know what they are...but which one would be the most useful?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:46 pm
blubabe_o9
qwertqwe

Kanji, in my opinion, would be the most useful, as it is used in so many languages. If you just want to communicate in Japanese, though, you will need to learn all four of them.  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Jes[sic]ka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:01 am
Aside from the well-known Konnichiwa, Sayonara and Arigato...here are a few phrases/words my sensei told us to memorize first, along with their loose translations (hope this helps...):

Hajimemashite (ha-jee-may-mah-sh'tay)....."Pleased to meet you."

Gomenasai (goh-men-na-sahee)....."I'm sorry." cry

Kaji da!! (kah-jee dah)....."FIRE!!" scream

Ohayo (like "Ohio")....."Good morning."
Konnichiwa (kohn-nee-chee-wah).....said during the afternoon "Good Afternoon"
Konbanwa (kohm-ban-wah)....."Good evening."

Sugoi ne (soo-gohee neh)....."Cool!" cool
Kawaii ne (kah-wahee neh)....."How cute!" 4laugh

That's just a few simple ones. Hope it helped at least a little. ^^ Good luck learning Nihongo!! wink

I apologize if I've made any mistakes, too. I'm not a pro at all. Just repeated what I learned in class. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:20 pm
Jes[sic]ka
Aside from the well-known Konnichiwa, Sayonara and Arigato...here are a few phrases/words my sensei told us to memorize first, along with their loose translations (hope this helps...):

That's just a few simple ones. Hope it helped at least a little. ^^ Good luck learning Nihongo!! wink

I apologize if I've made any mistakes, too. I'm not a pro at all. Just repeated what I learned in class. sweatdrop
Well, you can't really say that "Kawaii ne" and "Sugoi ne" are cool and cute, mainly because "Ne" emplies a form of a question or suggestion as in saying huh?, yeah?, etc. So saying "Kawaii ne" is more like saying Isn't it cute? It tends to emply that you're waiting for a response. In which another can agree with "Ne" or "Sou desu"... Thanks for stickin' with me through that. lol  

Kaizoku Luffy

Kaego

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm
I want to learn japanese too!

Such a fun language 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:23 pm
Jes[sic]ka

You cant really say that 'sugoi ne' means cool and 'kawaii ne' means how cute. 'Ne' is usually used to ask a question or suggestion, so you would be saying' "Isn't it cool?"Get it? Buuuut if you were answering it then you would reply "Ne" or "Sou desu" I think.....I'm teaching myself and there's alot to learn. I can teach you numbers if you want.  

Chenalie

Malt O Meal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Learn Kanji.
It's most used.

Romanji is mostly used online but some Japanese speakers can't read it.

It's pretty easy learning syllables.
Remembering what it means is hard for me though.

Learning Japanese Tapes are a load.
Because the first sentence you learn is very hard.
"I don't understand Japanese"

They teach you conversations instead of the basics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 pm
katsuhaiabi
blubabe_o9
qwertqwe

Kanji, in my opinion, would be the most useful, as it is used in so many languages. If you just want to communicate in Japanese, though, you will need to learn all four of them.

WRONG!!
As a Japanese student, I can yell at you. surprised *ahem* I mean, tell you you're wrong. romanji isnt part of the japanese language. They are the roman characters for Japanese words. They aren't used in Japan, and you don't need to learn it. It isn't even consistant.

I can kinda teach ya mebbe  

[NPG] Jesus

RoyKatsuragi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Get some books. There are some good ones out there.  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff