Without offending anybody...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KatDrama

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:43 pm
In this politically correct world it's almost offensive to some people if you consider yourself straight. That being said, is there any kind way to tell a Lesbian friend of mine who is hitting on me that I don't have any interest in that kind of relationship without totally driving her away? She's a great friend, but I just don't swing that way.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:53 pm
Hmm, tricky. Maybe you should tell her that, though you're not challenging her views anything, you wouldn't be comfortable in a relationship of that type, but you'll always be around as a friend. A true friend will understand your thoughts.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:40 pm
I think that's a good idea, but you need to be very careful if you choose that...

It mnight come off as the dreaded "Can we just be friends?", which is what it is... if anything just say the word "yet" in there... though you may feel like you're lying to her, it is still kinda true...

While it is true that you wouldn't "yet", you never said anything about how long, if ever, it would take.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:01 pm
okay, im bi, and i dont take offense to people being straiught...but anyways

just tell her you straight, plain and simple. she should know that your a good friend and it shouldnt change things if you dont return her feelings. on the other side of things, she could like you more than she lets on...just be nice about it but tell her no

if that made any sense at all i will be shocked... sweatdrop  

Auntie Bella

KatDrama

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:43 pm
Okay. Thanks for the advice y'll, it means alot.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:45 pm
Just be honest and kind...if she doesn't want to continue to be your friend after that then that's her problem.  

Omega Girlie

DarthJudge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:45 pm
Ahhh I go to high school and throught out the school year I've been harassed by some idiot (he is no friend to me. Just another rival I truly hate). Anyways, just the other day he flicked a friggen rubber band in my eye and I rubbed my eyes so much because it really did hurt the friggen thing ALMOST started bleeding. I do my best to stay away from the dude because I have no interest in making friends with him and even if I wanted to fight him or confront him, it's just not my character to do something like that. Can any one tell me what to do please??? BESIDES SNUFFING HIM IN THE FACE!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:36 am
Well maybe you should just tell her that she's really nice and a pretty person but that your not lesbian. Tell her that she'd probably make a good girlfriend to somebody who was lesbian too. Compliment her.  

Super Weeaboo

royal jester york

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:58 am
tell your freind that shes cool and you like her but your straight and arnt interested in anything like that kind of relationship but you still want to be freinds, and dont do it nervously

and do waht yuki said conpliment her wel doing it,  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:44 am
OutLawedStar
Ahhh I go to high school and throught out the school year I've been harassed by some idiot (he is no friend to me. Just another rival I truly hate). Anyways, just the other day he flicked a friggen rubber band in my eye and I rubbed my eyes so much because it really did hurt the friggen thing ALMOST started bleeding. I do my best to stay away from the dude because I have no interest in making friends with him and even if I wanted to fight him or confront him, it's just not my character to do something like that. Can any one tell me what to do please??? BESIDES SNUFFING HIM IN THE FACE!!!
First, you might want to make your own thread describing your problems so people notice it more.  

.Str!ped.Legs.

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:08 pm
it would be best just to let her know that you're not a lesbian and suggest another choice for her..that way you're both happy  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:37 pm
Just put it lightly if you are able.  

Impish Desires

toughluck22894

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:26 pm
Gosh. That is tricky. Just tell her and if that is all she wanted then ur kinda not really friends eek  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games