Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
fat Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:11 pm
bleh... i'm so fat, and no, it's not in my head. is anyone out there in the same position as me? i'm trying to sort out my eating habits, and go on a healthy diet and exercise, but it's so hard to stay motivated. i keep eating loads of crap, and i'm sick of it. i've been overweight all my life and i want to change! i could use some advice, and if anyone is in the same position as me it would be nice if we could PM each other for support, and to keep each other motivated. please reply, with advice or if you'd like to be diet buddies!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:08 pm
I'd say not to stress over it,everyone feels self concious once in awhile...it's human nature...but if you really wanna lose weight,talk to your parents about setting you up for a diet plan and possibly a gym membership if you wanna put in the work.^_^  

Princess Xenodice

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:20 am
eesh that would be embarrassing... it's not just about feeling self-conscious i've checked it out and i'm actually overweight, my BMI (body mass index) is over 25... i'm just kinda sick of it, of feeling fat and getting called it, and of clothes not fitting... but most of all i'm just kinda concerned about my health really, cos it's not healthy to have extra fat...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:26 am
I'm not going to lie but I do dislike overweight people. But you can help yourself become fit again.

I suggest that you stop eating meats for awhile and eat just vegetables. Also, drink just water and avoid any other beverage such as soda and anything else which can make your health problem go worse.

But it doesn't just finish there, you have the excercise some too. Try running around the block every night and every morning. Once you get a routine about it it wont be hard to keep it. Just keep telling yourself that you WILL feel much better once you are thin and if you KEEP AT IT, you will love the results.

I hope I help, and feel free to PM me with more advice and I will also keep you more motivated if need be.  

The Heartbreak Kid

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:31 am
-Eat on a slightly smaller plate((You can keep shrinking the size of the plate if you like*)), that'll make you think you're eating more since most people eat as much as what's on their plate.

- Exercise/find a sport you can get into... don't try something that will get you overly frustrated

- Make a challenge chart for yourself... like try to loose a pound every so often and record it

- Find some more health foods... not the usual carrots and celery that'll get boring, Try fruits and veggies you may have never heard of.

-Don't eat fast food if you have an option not to  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:01 pm
it's not exactly bad being big but yeah if you're willing, try eating alternative foods

instead of chips and candy go for fruits and vegetables (popcorn w/o butter is also good sometimes :p )

exercising is also pretty good, whether it be walking a mile or so (well maybe a mile is a little too steep) to just working out at home

(was beat to the challenge chart idea ninja )

hope I helped  

Bonekeeper E

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:06 pm
Also try to quit drinking soda if you can do so.

-Someone, my teacher knows,who quit drinking it lost at least 15 pounds over the course of her summer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:07 pm
Okay I have just a couple tips.

-do NOT skip meals. When you skip meals your motabolism slows down and the next time you eat your body stores up a lot more fat then it normally would.

-you know how you get those major cravings sometimes? its okay to eat that certian food sometimes, as a sort of reward. Just be careful how often you give yourself those rewards and how much you eat of them.

thats just a couple of tips I've got you could use. Good luck with what your doing, I'm sure you will do great! biggrin  

ruby_dreams

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:28 pm
-When you feel hungry but have no idea why- like just ate, go drink something... you're probrably just thirsty

-Go at your own pace, if you get discouraged- just keep going towards your goal

-Don't make your goal ridiculous

-Try to avoid a large amount of food eating before you go to bed... about a fist worth of food should work.

- When you feel angry or upset with yourself go running/walking/biking.... You have energy to spare biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:12 pm
Something else that might help is dont eat in front of the TV or anything. My gym teacher was telling me that when you do eat in front of a TV or something, then your body isnt really registering how much your eating so then you can eat too much. Hopefully that helped some since everything else I wanted to say was already said.  

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

KitKat195

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:29 am
Oh don't worry, I had the same thing when I was 10. It's okay. My dad bought these training weights so I could do more excesise, and not stress myself. I just ate the same and excersised alot. Now I'm skinny, really skinny. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm
Well, drink lots of water, because then you don't feel as hungry. Also, eating rice or pasta fills you up quicker. Also, fruit and veggies. Certain foods, like grapefruit and celery actually burn more calories than you take in.
I hope this helps you!  

fairywaif

RayneOfChaos93

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:52 pm
Alright here goes. Some of these may have already been said but honestly, it won't matter that much:

-between every bite, set down your fork/spoon/whatever. This allows your mind to register what you are eating and you will know when you become full.
-do not eat with distractions. Meaning no T.V, computer, books, games, anything that will take your attention off what you are eating and how much.
-work out as often as possible. It does not have to be alot even. I used to do 50 sit ups and 20 push ups every night while lying in bed, especially when I wasn't tired and couldn't get to sleep. You don't have to excersise alone either. Invite a friend and work out together. This stops you from getting bored real easily and so you don't quit faster
-if you feel hungry, drink water. If after that you are still hungry then eat a reasonable amount of food.
-also my mom was watching T.V and this show, I Can Make You Thin, came on and it was actually quite cool. I don't know how to explain exactly what he did, but he made the one girl think of gross stuff everytime she thought about chocolate and she found it easier to resist and ended up cleaning her house and office of all chocolate. You should try watching it and listen to his advice.

That's all I have for now and if you want, you can PM me to chat about this or anything. I won't mind. Hope it helped!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 am
I've got the same issue with being overwieght, and i think trying to become thin is like trying to quit smoking (which i have never done, seriously i haven't): it won't work on the first try unless you find something to really motivate you. Also finding ways to exercise that you enjoy (for example if you like jumping on a trampoline then set aside some time to work out on the trampoline) would help i think. i read some of the other advice and i think that it's all good advice, now we both just have to find out which piece(s) of advice will fit best.  

Bittersweet Skysong

Armadia

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
also, if you've been exercising and eating healthy and what not and still aren't loosing weight you may want to have your thyroid checked.

but yeah, I'm in the same boat. It would be nice to have someone to help keep me motivated! so, hey, if you want, PM me!!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff