Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hi
  Hi.
View Results

Princess Xenodice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:16 pm
I don't normally ask for advice but here goes....

I'm a lesbian.Plain and simple.

Only problem?My mom's a republican and I can't tell her.

We used to watch Law & Order;SVU together.But once,they showed a guy accused of rape but the police later found out he was gay.My mom then shook her head and said "Pitiful.Just SICKENING"

"Why so?" I asked? (I had been planning on coming out to her for awhile)

"Because!" She then turned off the television and turned to me,"God made people so that men and WOMEN can recreate human life and people can live on.HOW can that happen with everyone turning GAY all of a sudden? It's sinful and wrong and they'll burn in hell"

So you can see...there's my problem...any advice?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:46 pm
This is a rather common issue; many others go through it... you really aren't alone. The best thing to do would be to tell her. She will probably feel betrayed at first, but part of coming out is telling your family, and you really don't want to be in the closet. For more information, including the proper ways of coming out, go to: www.pflag.org.  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Princess Xenodice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:42 pm
@Katsuhaibi : Thank you.A few of my friends have come out to their parents,but most are going through the same thing,I'll definatly check out that site.

@Ignite : WTH? You don't have to be so mean! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:59 pm
Ignite My Soul
*Homophobic illiteracy*
Well, well, well... looks like we have a homophobe. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, we were born that way. Oh, just to give you a WARNING, if I catch you posting any more homophobic hate speech, you will be banned so hastily your Internet connection will be fuzzy for days.
Princess Xenodice
@Katsuhaibi : Thank you.A few of my friends have come out to their parents,but most are going through the same thing,I'll definatly check out that site.
I'm glad to have helped!  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

The Heartbreak Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:22 am
Princess Xenodice
I don't normally ask for advice but here goes....

I'm a lesbian.Plain and simple.

Only problem?My mom's a republican and I can't tell her.

We used to watch Law & Order;SVU together.But once,they showed a guy accused of rape but the police later found out he was gay.My mom then shook her head and said "Pitiful.Just SICKENING"

"Why so?" I asked? (I had been planning on coming out to her for awhile)

"Because!" She then turned off the television and turned to me,"God made people so that men and WOMEN can recreate human life and people can live on.HOW can that happen with everyone turning GAY all of a sudden? It's sinful and wrong and they'll burn in hell"

So you can see...there's my problem...any advice?

Maybe wait until you're older. Right now you're not in the place to be telling her as she is the one with the power at the moment. She could ruin you're hole social life, school life, and boot you out of home.

I do find it sad when parents are like this and just can't accept people for who they are. I wish you the best luck with all of this.

Ignite My Soul
*Homophobic idiocy deleted by katsu*

[Flame deleted by katsu.]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:23 am
well don't get stressed, because it's your mom's issue, not yours. maybe just keep schtum about your orientation for a while, maybe try casual bringing up the idea of homosexuality in conversations every now and then, just to see how homophobic she really is. You could always express how you think theres nothing wrong with homosexuality to her, to see how she reacts. that way, you know what ground you're on...  

le-half-blood-princess

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:35 am
The Heartbreak Kid
[Flame deleted by katsu.]
Um... that wasn't terribly appropriate either. Let me just delete our little trolly's posts, that way, there won't be any more flaming (the bad kind) or upset... okay?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:36 am
katsuhaiabi
Um... that wasn't terribly appropriate either. Let me just delete our little trolly's posts, that way, there won't be any more flaming (the bad kind) or upset... okay?

Whatever.  

The Heartbreak Kid

Princess Xenodice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.iZOMG!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thank you to all that have helped (Except for Ignite....I'm on his friendslist too...WTH?)

I think I'll do what Heartbreak suggested.
    Perhaps waiting till I'm 18 is best.Then I can do something about it if she throws a fit...which she more than likely will.I saw her when my cousin,Chris,came out.She was a balistic mess.

At least when I'm 18 I can move out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:01 am
Princess Xenodice
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.iZOMG!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thank you to all that have helped (Except for Ignite....I'm on his friendslist too...WTH?)

I think I'll do what Heartbreak suggested.
    Perhaps waiting till I'm 18 is best.Then I can do something about it if she throws a fit...which she more than likely will.I saw her when my cousin,Chris,came out.She was a balistic mess.

At least when I'm 18 I can move out.
If you think you can wait that long, that may be best. Otherwise, there is a rather large community there for you. Either way, I hope it turns out well for you.  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:36 pm
some people have different outlooks on homosexuals...for example, some gay guy can be walking and attempt to talk to a straight guy, the straight guy can do a number of things...ignore him and walk away, insult him and do something mean or just speak back to him

some people are so used to negative responses to homsexuality that they will do nothing more than bash it

but some people are willing to accept it

I suggest you let your mom know...I'm sure she will still love you no matter what and if she can't accept it, there's really no point in interacting with someone that don't want to have anything to do with you, but I suggest you suck whatever it is that got you not doing it up and just spill

besides the worst she can sorta do is call you a f*****t and disown you and I heavily doubt that any mother would do something like that  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:17 am
Bonekeeper E
besides the worst she can sorta do is call you a f*****t and disown you and I heavily doubt that any mother would do something like that

I know 3 people who have suffered from being toally disowned by their parents because they were gay.  

The Heartbreak Kid

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces