Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Drinking is not the answer!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:08 pm
I have a friend online. (A good friend.) He's having some problems. Hes one of those people that go online an play mmorpgs all day after work and are always depressed.. I dont know what to tell him so I'm a bit confused.
What do you think is a good idea to say to him?

---

Him: I got in a fight with someone and I kinda quit AIM for a bit
Me: oh. why
Him: Breakup.
Me: with you ?
Him: Ah I learned that she didn't love me nor' gave a damn that I cared about her. She only cared about her work and being successful
Him: She didn't want to listen to how I felt so I said fine good bye and quit AIM cause I didn't want to see her damn screen name on AIM again
Him: Then I had a major breakdown..and was a few seconds away from killing myself
Me:Is this a new person that you met online?
Me: or that one girl from before
Him: Er..her name was Winnie.
Me: where did u meet her
Him: A very long time ago
Him: We fell in love..ended up in tragedy..the usual lies cause shes a spoiled brat.
Him: Infact we were going to move in with each other but gee' I should of saw that coming
Me:: so you guys were good friends then u went out an then she didnt love you anymore or was it she liked someone else
Him: Hell if I know if she liked someone else. she was to wrapped up in her own needs that she stopped giving a damn about the people who cared about her.
Him: Ah it was pointless bothering anyway. She was in a rich family and her parents would of hated me anyway and she would never of adjusted to my surroundings
Him: Richies will always be use to their fancy bullshit houses and items and disqualifying people who work hard for small amount of cash to stay alive but ******** we ain't good enough for them..ah it'll never change
Me: im sorry. she wasn't ment for you. One day she will open her eyes and see you were good to her and that she was wrong. an when that time comes dont even bother letting her back in because its her problem.
Him: Yeah well all relationships with me always end in s**t..I got tired of the fact that every relationship i've been in always ends up with me getting dumped on..so I loaded my gun and pretty much prepared to go into my own grave..but I got drunk ******** I hate being alive sometimes.
Him: Well anyway, I got to knight finally in FlyFF so I finished what you started to become a BP and nelson's wish to become a Knight. Now I gotta complete my own self that I never finished
Me: dont get drunk just because u have a problem that wont really change anything.
you think running away from problems helps people? no. drinking isnt a way to change things, it just changes you as a person an makes you someone that your not.
Him: ....
Him: Its my escape from reality.
Him: Cause my reality is nothing but a steaming pile of s**t
Him: So what better way to forget about it than to drown myself in alcohol.
Him: Not like anything special is ever going to happen.
Him: : You think my life is going to become happy in 10 years? Hah.
Him: Hahahaha
Him: Sorry I brought up this silly topic about my misfortunate waste of flesh of a life..I'll go now
He signed off at 5:56:36 PM.

Then he signs off. -.- A part of me wonders if he's doing this for attention, becuase me an my boyfriend never talk to him, sometimes not always we havent talked for a month, I only know him online.. becuase I met him through a game I used to play. The thing is we stopped playing games with him for a long time an hes still playing games online and hes like always never online hes usually in his game. So I don't know what I can do to tell him since he just signs off all dramatically.

Discuss
Have you ever met people like this?
What do you think I should do?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:03 pm
he's DEFINITELY making this whole thing up to get attention. the best thing to do is just ignore it. like be nice to him and chat and whatever, but if he says stuff like 'my girlfriend just dumped me' or whatever don't go asking about it, cos that's exactly what he wants you to do. just say 'oh i'm sorry to hear, bu there's plenty of fish in the sea so i'd move on if i were you.' that way you're being nice, but you're not probing him on. feel free to PM me if you need any more advice!  

le-half-blood-princess

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:40 pm
It does seem like hes lying but then again something like that did happen to one of my friends so I cant really say anything. If I think of anything I will let you know  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:58 pm
If it's an online bud you can only be there in digital spirit.
It seems as though this is a cry for attention.

If it were me,I'd advise him to see a conselor or shrink or something.He needs someone to talk to that can physically be there so he knows that there are people that listen to him and what he has to say.  

Princess Xenodice

Kirogata

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:11 pm
Princess Xenodice
If it's an online bud you can only be there in digital spirit.
It seems as though this is a cry for attention.

If it were me,I'd advise him to see a conselor or shrink or something.He needs someone to talk to that can physically be there so he knows that there are people that listen to him and what he has to say.

I agree with this idea whole-heartdly.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff