Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
going on holiday... how do i get a guy?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:17 pm
i might be going on holiday to Cicily at the end of the month. it's a sun holiday, obviously, so i'll be by the hotel pool and at the beach everyday pretty much. which means, in my swinsuit. if any of you have read my other threads, you'll know i have a weight problem. because of that i feel quite self consious in my swimsuit! i'm on a diet at the moment, but realistically i'll only be down a few pounds by then, i'll still have excess fat that WON'T look good in a bathing suit. how do i get the guys?!

i want to get some holiday romance cos it's been a month or so since i've made out with a boy! and in italy there's all these good looking girls... presumably there will be boys my age in the hotel, and i want to get together with someone if i fancy them and there'll surely be plenty of talent! but if i'm feeling self-consious, and my thunder thighs and belly will be showing in a bathing suit... how am i supposed to flirt and attract guys?! is there anything i should do to look like i'm more confident with myself, and how do i flirt with a guy? i'm not very good at flirting....

please help and give some advice, both girls and guys! and please don't say the whole 'oh a boy should like you for who you are.' i know they should, but there has to be flirting first... how can i pull off 'sexy' when i'm feeling very selfconsious????  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:43 pm
Um..... well some guys are attracted to girls who are a little overweight. I know some guys who do and some who dont. Guys basically just have their own fling or something towards women. And I was reading somewhere that certain swimsuits would make overweight women look thinner and everything. I will try to find where I read that for you. It also like gave tips on what not to wear too. So give me a while to see if I can find that article.

EDIT: This site should help you hopefully

.::Click me!!::.  

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

Kirogata

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:46 pm
frankly I think a guy should like a girl based off of the girls personality. Looks shouldn't be what matter in a realationship.

That's that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:57 pm
Goodness.
Is getting a guy really that important.
I think losing weight to be healthy and living is worth way more than getting a boyfriend.  

theegirlnexdoor

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:44 am
When it comes to flirting, you should look the guys up and down a lot, giving them the impression that you're checking them out, and smile a lot.
And if they joke or say something funny, laugh like no other.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:45 pm
Kirogata
frankly I think a guy should like a girl based off of the girls personality. Looks shouldn't be what matter in a realationship.

That's that.

looks matter a great deal becous a woman would not look twice at a fat man.  

unhuman820

SugarCatXP

Kawaii Kitten

7,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:47 pm
Your interested in a romantic fling. A romantic quest wink

Just talk to people, find out who they are, and if you like them. Flirting should come naturally with someone you connect with, someone you are good with, a chemical attraction, romantically. And if they are not interested in you, they are not worth you or your time.

Flirting, just be natural, I think people in general like cuteness, blushyness, humor, overall fun personality.
Beauty is more than just skin deep.
Looks count on some part, but not wholly.

Casual, confident, love who you are.

Best thing you could do, would be enjoy your time there, enjoy being with yourself, and also talk to new people. And have fun. 3nodding And from that, I'd think romance could arise.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:38 am
You gotta make yourself seem really nice, and obviously you do kinda seem like a nice person. Personality matter to a few guys, but looks can matter too. Ok...let me rephrase that, no matter what any guy says...me included i guess, looks matter more then anything else in the world. Blame our hormones and brain chemistry, but before a guy ever gets to know a girl, he will see how she looks. But if you hang out with a guy a little bit..then he make like you. Thats what it been to me at the moment. Im not totally fat or anything, but there was this one girl thats overwait and hangs out with us...and before i never thought about giving her a chance, but after getting to know her, i would date her. its going to depend on the guy more then the girl.

Also...you said your dieting right? This goes for anyone that diets..ok, are you all ready for this? Diet means, by definition, a lifelong eating style. Diets dont mean you should change your eating style to lose weight, cus once your off the "diet" then your going to gain the weight back. What you should do instead, is find an eating style you prefer that keeps you eating healthy. All the stupid fast diets, and fad diets and stuff, they suck and work until you stop eating like that. If you would eat healthy for the rest of your life, not even excercising, just eating healthy, you could still be at an average weight. Here is some other advice (wooh, 2 in one post!!!). If you want to lose weight and still eat alot, try breaking things into meals, like, have a small breakfast, then something like an apple as a snack about an hour or so before lunch, then a small lunch, then another fruit an hour or so before dinner, then a small dinner, and another snack before you go to bed. this way, your metabolism is going almost constantly. Also, a little tip from the Wolf, fruits are sweet alternatives to sugary foods. candy bars...donuts (i cant spell lol), cakes, pies, all are very fattening. Its ok to eat them once in a while, but instead of reaching for a Hershy or Butterfinger in the store, grab a few apples, tangerines, strawberries and maybe mango and just make a quick fruit salad. Very delicious, fills you up, and is usually pretty sweet ^^.

Well...anyways..i guess that about it with my advice, others took care of the boy part, i kinda gave advice for what you should do after your little holiday fun ^^. Oh, and if you want proof of my little food advice being true, look at most of the European women and men, how you think they stay that skinny and look sexy (even the guys look sexy...and no...im not gay lol). Thats how alot of us eat, we have more meals but are smaller. And being German myself, nothing beats being at Grandma's house on Saturday or Sunday eating that little bit of Cake and Coffee ^^.  

HiddenWolfNinja

XxThe-Taste-Of-SinxX

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:43 am
i know theres this huge pressure to be "media beautiful" but a guy should like you for who you are and not how you look, to solve your self consiousness choose a swimming suit you think you look good in and makes you feel right, not something you think guys will like, if you find a swim suit that makes you feel comfortable then if you do meet a guy you'll be able to relax and not worry about "do my hips and butt look big?" or "im so fat" or even "i wonder if he thinks im fat?" so i understand your stressed but just try to have fun, have fun in Cicily!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:28 pm
Hmmm... I don't know if you have gone on the vacation yet or not.. @@;
But here is my best advice.

I would suggest to meet a boy that meets your fancy you should deffo go straight and talk to him after a couple of flirty glances, smile and then look away.
do not throw yourself on him the first time you see him unless he you know you won't see him again the next day.
As well, after you talk to him, smile still and make yourself seem mysterious. [cheesy I know but it works for me all the time xD]
When you see him again and if he makes the move to talk to you kinda walk away or begin talking with someone else... Or, let him start talking to you but then after a few words say you have to go... for some amde up reason. That'll keep him wondering more about you..
Then the next time let him come up and talk, don't be all mysteriouostic.. be available and fun! That should pull him in like a guppy! ^^
Hope I helped you'll have to PM or something to tell me how it went ^^

[.Cho.]

princesschelsea5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:27 am
crae
Kirogata

That's that.

looks matter a great deal becous a woman would not look twice at a fat man.

Actually that depends on the girl hun, because I've fallen for a few overweight men. It was their personality that did it, not their appearance. Though i do admit if I met a guy who like never showered I'd have a hard time being attracted to him because that is just GROSS scream  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:20 pm
le-half-blood-princess
i might be going on holiday to Cicily at the end of the month. it's a sun holiday, obviously, so i'll be by the hotel pool and at the beach everyday pretty much. which means, in my swinsuit. if any of you have read my other threads, you'll know i have a weight problem. because of that i feel quite self consious in my swimsuit! i'm on a diet at the moment, but realistically i'll only be down a few pounds by then, i'll still have excess fat that WON'T look good in a bathing suit. how do i get the guys?!

i want to get some holiday romance cos it's been a month or so since i've made out with a boy! and in italy there's all these good looking girls... presumably there will be boys my age in the hotel, and i want to get together with someone if i fancy them and there'll surely be plenty of talent! but if i'm feeling self-consious, and my thunder thighs and belly will be showing in a bathing suit... how am i supposed to flirt and attract guys?! is there anything i should do to look like i'm more confident with myself, and how do i flirt with a guy? i'm not very good at flirting....
dont get a guy who lives too far away that all you can do is talk if you like somone where you live just see what they have in commen with you and then grow from that it works for me not so much

please help and give some advice, both girls and guys! and please don't say the whole 'oh a boy should like you for who you are.' i know they should, but there has to be flirting first... how can i pull off 'sexy' when i'm feeling very selfconsious????

Eldar Pheonix Lord

Sotur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:26 am
i don't think u should force anything. it'll make u look needy and i think that as a turn-off [note, i'm a girl, have my awesome boyfriend, but I STILL HAVE AN OPINION!!]. so, yeah, don't make it look like u r in NEED of a guy  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games