I need help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:22 pm
Uh yea for some reason my step dad came home and is like uberly mad. Dont even ask me why but for some reason he is mad at me and everyone else. I didnt even do anything. So yea I am like afraid of him when hes mad and I like really dunno what to do. I am thinkin about movin to my room with the laptop which I will most likely do to get away from him. But hes like throwing everything out. Hes getting rid of a 300 dollar thats mine. I hate it when hes like this. Last time he was like this he actually ended up hitting me but he didnt mean to. So yea I like dunno what to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm
Oh wow... I'm sorry. *Hugs* I have parents who don't listen to me at all. I tell them, "I'm really sad right now" and they yell at me and tell me I'm stupid for that. But I still love them. If you have parents who won't listen to you at all, no matter what you say, just stay strong. That's all the advice I can give right now, being in sort of a related situation. Stay strong and remember, there are people who love you and can support you in those times of peril.

STAY STRONG! heart

Eva_Valenti

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:05 pm
So far I am doin fine. I am in my room with my kitty. And its quiet. too quiet. My cat isnt even purring!! Normally he doesnt shut up with purring.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:46 pm
Maybe your dad is going through a tough time right now with work or something like it. When your dad is acting like that, trying talking to him to find out what is really going on. If he doesn't listen to you, let him calm down for about an hour or so before talking to him again. 3nodding

Maiden of Night

cheese_wiz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:08 pm
Eva_Valenti
Oh wow... I'm sorry. *Hugs* I have parents who don't listen to me at all. I tell them, "I'm really sad right now" and they yell at me and tell me I'm stupid for that. But I still love them. If you have parents who won't listen to you at all, no matter what you say, just stay strong. That's all the advice I can give right now, being in sort of a related situation. Stay strong and remember, there are people who love you and can support you in those times of peril.

STAY STRONG! heart

Id say that..all of that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:35 pm
try to stay away from him as much as you can
but if he gets to mad you may need to sneak out to a friends house  

sandflea

uchiha_itachi12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:10 pm
LingMing
Uh yea for some reason my step dad came home and is like uberly mad. Dont even ask me why but for some reason he is mad at me and everyone else. I didnt even do anything. So yea I am like afraid of him when hes mad and I like really dunno what to do. I am thinkin about movin to my room with the laptop which I will most likely do to get away from him. But hes like throwing everything out. Hes getting rid of a 300 dollar thats mine. I hate it when hes like this. Last time he was like this he actually ended up hitting me but he didnt mean to. So yea I like dunno what to do.

There is one thing you need to do. You must calm him down and consult him that's the only way. Or just keep away from him when he gets mad to avoid injuries  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:42 pm
Something is bothering him alot i guess.I would try to find out whats bothering him or just get out from his way.I would just walk to the park when he comes. sorry not great suggestions sad  

Beyond_Imortality

IfAngelsBurn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:42 pm
Have you tried talking to him before about what has made him mad? Sometimes it is very hard to do this when people are mad, but a lot of the time, the just really need someone to listen to.

Although, if he does drugs or drinks when he is this mad or when he become mad, than I would try to stay away from him. Because drunks are unreliable. And druggies get figdity and angry when they are coming down from their "high."

Stress is one of the leading issues that can through a person over the edge into frustration and anger. That in turn, can make them become even more angry.

Other times, people just need to be alone. However when he does calm down, I would approace him calmly and respectifully and ask him what happened and what was wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:24 pm
Thats crazy!! Why would someone do that? Have you talked to your mother about this? You should definetly..maybe he has anger mangement or something. I wouldn't get to close to him, but if you can without him being so crazy then ask him what's going on. Maybe something has gotten him mad, or maybe he's just crazy. I just hope he doesn't hit you. If he does report it, because thats abuse and you never know what he might do after that. Stay away from him tho if you can.  

fallinxangelx

Kawaiinu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:02 pm
They do that sometimes. My dad used to get stressed out from work, but I confronted him about it and told him to keep work and home seperate. If he needs help, tell him to stay calm. Your family is there for him, and if he needs to confide in, there are many ears open, and many minds that can give advice.
Running away won't solve anything. At the beginning of my parents divorce trial, I hid in my room, but it didn't block the voice of my mom shouting at my dad. It was heat of the moment, and I can't blame her for it, but she needs to control her flaring emotions.
I hate to say this, but it might get uglier before it gets worse. If he's throwing things out, hide whatever's precious to you. If he hits you, give him a whack upside the head in exchange, then make it clear to him that you won't be a doormat, and that this is bugging you, and I'd say you can insert a little bit of swearing in there for emphasis, if you feel comfortable with it. Point is, stand your ground.
Take either approach, but I'd only reccomend the latter of the two if the first attempt is ignored.
Best of luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:48 pm
So he just comes home and starts to scream at everybody and throw stuff around?

Have you considered moving out? Or calling the cops? This sounds like he needs to start or stop taking medication.  

Spikin

thin line of sanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 pm
ok...that is not exactly a healthy enviornment for you....especially if he has hit you before...you should try and stay away when he gets angry...i know what it's like to be afraid of your dad....so if you need to talk or vent about it....you can pm me....i would only want for you to be safe and healthy....so please be careful about this because this could turn into and even more dangerous situation for you....be safe!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games