Shall rule the world
  Shall go to the pub
  Shall give me 10 gold
View Results

XxJanxX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:56 am
Dia Duit!!
Cen Sceal?

Hi! I'm Jan and I'm Irish, live in Dublin and have lived in Ireland my whole life!
I also speak Irish! What fun!
Anyone here likey the Irish? Anyone here also Irish? I'm new so i know nothing for anyone ninja
Anyone here likey to know some irish, or anything about Ireland? I'm bursting with knowledge!

Ta se go maith!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:29 am
I'm 96% Irish-American (does that count at all?). 3rd generation, anyway. I've got a tiny chunk of Swede and another of Native American. Mum's side (Caulfield) comes from Connemara and Dad's from somewhere else on the southwest coast. ^^; Our last name is Whalen, but my great-grandfather changed it to "Whelan"...for stupid reasons.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello to the mother country across the pond! haha xd

Where'd you learn to speak Irish, by the way?? I know most of my relatives don't know any at all (well the cousins don't, anyhow). My Nanny does, but I've yet to sit her down and teach me. I should probably do it before she passes, though... sweatdrop  

Jes[sic]ka

Yellie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:20 pm
dia duit. conas ata tu? ta me go maith. ;D

im irish, i live in wicklow n___n~

id love to astound some people with my mad irish speaking skillz, but im rather terrible at irish.
so yeah. no. xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:26 am
Hey,
Um I'm part Irish and I'm trying to learn Gaelic. Irish and Scottish Gaelic that is. If anyone is interested in helping me learn I'd be very greatfull!! ^.^

Mistress Belle

Generous Millionaire

11,975 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200

The Queen of Everything

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:00 am
Táim as Luimineach, agus tá brón orm mar tá mo Gáilge úfasach, ach is mait liom an teanga.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:53 pm
I'm half Irish
and i really wish that i could learn Gaelic
it sounds so pretty!!  

Fling0827

3,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Black_Widow87

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:45 am
i'm not irish nor do i have any irish family(not that i know of) but i'd love to learn the language i have a list of languages i would love to learn and this is on there...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:33 am
Jes[sic]ka
I'm 96% Irish-American (does that count at all?). 3rd generation, anyway. I've got a tiny chunk of Swede and another of Native American. Mum's side (Caulfield) comes from Connemara and Dad's from somewhere else on the southwest coast. ^^; Our last name is Whalen, but my great-grandfather changed it to "Whelan"...for stupid reasons.

Whoa... MY great-grandfather's name was Whelan. I'll have to check again with my grandma though. *runs off*  

Blank of Tantalus

[P ! R A T E]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:38 pm
I'm an American. v.v But My blood is a third Irish a third Norse and a third Welsh. Pretty cool I say  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:38 am
Im 1/4 Irish, but ive lived in America all my life
i got the pale skin, and a reddish tint to my hair, but thats as Irish as i get... except i like cornbeef and cabbage LOTS... mmm...  

salsaplant

GO

increvable

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:27 pm
I happen to be Irish, Belgian, and Puerto Rican. I have a little red in my otherwise almost black hair, and have always had pale skin, no matter how often I try to tan. Tanning gives you sun cancer...

I don't speak Irish, but I hope... one day... to learn.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 pm
I am a European mutt. I have blood from Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Wales, and Norweigh. I have always been in love with the Emerald Isle and hope to one day visit there, if not live there. I am fascinated by the language as well. biggrin  

CelticVampChik

Sidhes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:33 pm
XxJanxX
Dia Duit!!
Cen Sceal?

Hi! I'm Jan and I'm Irish, live in Dublin and have lived in Ireland my whole life!
I also speak Irish! What fun!
Anyone here likey the Irish? Anyone here also Irish? I'm new so i know nothing for anyone ninja
Anyone here likey to know some irish, or anything about Ireland? I'm bursting with knowledge!

Ta se go maith!!

Hi! Even though I can only say "dia duit", "slainte" and a couple of things I must look up in a notebook first in Irish, I must tell you I'm in love with your country ever since I spent a month in Ballina (Co. Mayo) and travelled around the island. I have always wanted to learn Irish but unfortunately, there's no place at least in my city to be taught. So, uhm... yeah :p I wanna go back!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:27 pm
Hi - I'm Annie, and I'm not 100% Irish. XD My dad was half-Irish, from me granny's side of the family. She was born in Castlereagh. I live in Mexico, though.

My family used to speak Irish and I want to learn! Anyone interested in teaching me?

ms_psycodelia

Yellie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:33 am
    wow, people actually WANT to learn irish...

basically everyone in my irish class is pretending to be dyslexic so they can get out of learning it xD;;

oh, and no-one calls it gaelic btw... it's just. irish. :3

"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces