Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Friend Troubles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knife In Yer Guts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:41 pm
Ok so my freind just turned hardcore christian (no offense to christians) and now he broke up with his girlffriend just because she didnt "serve" the lord.And he did that because his youth group leader told him to do so.So now I'm worried that since the youth group teacher knows me(and hates me) because I came in wearing an MSI shirt,baggy jeans and had blue black hair.I'm worried he wont be afraid my friend anymore.I respect his faith but this is too far IMO.What should I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:06 am
I think you're overreacting (sp?) to the youth group leader HATING you, he probably might have thought that your attire/wardrob/outlook was a bit surprising

if that's not the case then I'm sure that your friend dumped his girlfriend maybe for mrore reasons then just religion

if that's the case and such, then let him know that you respect his religion, if he's your friend (and a real christian) he'd understand

*ish christian*  

Bonekeeper E

greendew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:09 pm
To tell the truth your friend sounds a bit shallow to break up with his girlfriend cause she didn't beleive in the same faith...Thats actrully why I got out of Christainity (way too preachy)....but if you think this friend is worth going through all this trouble for then give him back support on his religion, then even if that guy doesn't like you...you could always say that you supported him, and if he isn't willing to accept you, you don't need him for a friend ninja ...I really don't see much of a good out come for this unless your friend comes to his sences...

Tough advice from a girl Rin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:05 pm
Bonekeeper E
I think you're overreacting (sp?) to the youth group leader HATING you, he probably might have thought that your attire/wardrob/outlook was a bit surprising

if that's not the case then I'm sure that your friend dumped his girlfriend maybe for mrore reasons then just religion

if that's the case and such, then let him know that you respect his religion, if he's your friend (and a real christian) he'd understand

*ish christian*
No he does,as soon as I went into the room the topic of conversation was catiousness. And I'm serious,He literally broke up with his gf just because she didnt "server" the lord and the youth group leader told him too.

And next time I see him,I'll say it simply. I dont want to "serve" the lord,I have never wanted too.I respect your faith but if your youth group leader tells you to not be freinds with tell me right ahead please?  

Knife In Yer Guts

Iris_16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:12 pm
well it will be mean if he just leaves you because you are not christian and i think if i met his group leader...id hate him...that group leader of his seems mean  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:50 pm
one of my friends are like that... they got all freaked out since I dated someone out of christianity and spazzed and almost stopped being my friend because I was in love with him and didn't force him to be a christian. It's kinda silly...

I'd say just tell him how you feel about the fear of him not being your friend anymore. It might get through to him that he's going a bit overboard on the religon thing. And it is possible the youth pastor will try to split up your friendship... Which is actually going against the beliefs... You're not supposed to segregate people because they don't believe in what you do, but unfortunately it seems like a majority of people tend to do that.  

Impish Desires

gama100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Well if he's a youth leader he shouldn't be doing all of this. O_o My old youth group leader never minded what some of my friends wore. He even said that he liked some of it. As a youth leader he's setting a bad example for the people he's leading.

I guess just talk to your friend and ask him if he's going to remain friends with you even though you guys don't share the same religion. If he says no then to be honest that's bad on his part, because christians are supposed to welcome everyone no matter what. I'm not an expert on advice but I hope I helped.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:11 pm
Well like 4 mnths ago he was still christian but he didnt give a damn if you were atheist(me) or whatever you worshipped.But then one day he had some kind of life altering experience and it kinda freaked me out  

Knife In Yer Guts

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:58 am
the thing about being christian is basically just believing that there is a god, but it also showed fairness and diversity (two things I'm sorta guilty for), most "christians" nowadays treat it as if it's a cult, now I'm christian, but I have friends that are pagan, wiccan, atheist, buddhist etc. and I could give a rat's a** about religion, all I know is I like what I like, and you like what you like

it doesn't say in the bible that god hates anything or anyone, so it would be kinda ignorant for people to hate one another just for that sorta thing when the guy they worship don't seem to care too much  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:44 am
This is horribly wierd.

First off, im a christian too, and people like that group leader do, as it was said before, are leading very badly. Whats more, it sounds like that youth leader has one of the worst things i see in todays world...a closed mind, that if something isnt some certain way that its no good.

like i said, im a christian, and while most people i know that are religious are ok with most people, they still try not to hang out alot with them around in my town. They keep to themselves, as was said before, in what seems to be like a cult. Hell, i'm interested in learning about all religions, that includes the "bad" ones too. Having an open mind allows you to see everything in such a better way.

Now someone like that youth leader, they arent going to change probably, but what you should do is respect your friends choices, no matter how ******** up they may be, and try to talk a little to your friend and see whats going on, and ask him why he is doing something like breaking up with a girlfriend just because of faith and stuff.

Like i said..just talk to the guy and ask him why he's doing everything he is, and you can tell him he can still have a religious life regardless of the people around him. Hell there are people i hate at church, but if i get the chance i would love to go again. just kinda far away from my house to walk lol.  

HiddenWolfNinja

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff