bi
  les
  straight
  don't know
  pollwhore
View Results

Ciindy Donovinh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:09 pm
Okay everyone, I'm bi and I need help on how to tell my parents/family.

See, my dad would probably seem okay with it so I'm not really worried about him. But my mom and her side of the family is different.

See, my mom's side of the family is very religious and I would get disowned if I told them....I want to tell them but I really don't know how to bring up the subject...I mean...I know it would be best to just come right out and say it but if that is the case then when is the right time?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Okay. Well I told my dad and he is perfectly fine with it. He thinks its just a stage or an experiment. But he says I can have girlfriends and stuff like that. He doesn't care at all. He is just happy that I'm here and that I can open up to him. And all I did to tell him was show him this advice colomn. This post to be exact...and when he read it he gave be a huge hug and told me that it was normal and that it was okay.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:17 pm
Well, I am bi too. I was a lesbian for a while after something really horriable happened. My father was alright with it, because his brother - my uncle, is gay.

My mother on the other hand, she knows but tells me that it is just a phaze that I happen to be going through. And that everyone eventually experiments in their lifetime. She can be in denial about it. Or hate me.

But she is not my judge, jurer, or excutioner. She can judge me, but she isn't going to be with me forever or running my life. Love is a freedom, no one can take how and who you love away from you. Love is supposed to be free between two people, wether it be a sexual type of love, friend, or family.

You cannot help who you love, and you shouldn't have to. Honestly hunny, I would be true to yourself and who you are. Because, you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. So love who you are, and don't lie to yourself.  

IfAngelsBurn

Ciindy Donovinh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:26 pm
Okay, I understand that. But I just don't know how I tell them....How did you 'come out' ?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:30 pm
Well, I just told my dad straight out. With my mom I sat her down and just calmly told her about it and explained why I am the way that I am and how it isn't a crime.

But if you don't want to do that you could always write them a letter. However, I would recommend the first one better.  

IfAngelsBurn

Ciindy Donovinh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:33 pm
Well my dad already kinda knows...cause he saw me in the 'lick it' forum flirting with girls and stuff...but he seemed okay with it....but my mom...I think I might wait a while...or something....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:44 pm
It's your choice. Just give it time. All will work out in the end.  

IfAngelsBurn

Ciindy Donovinh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm
I hope so....I really do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:53 pm
My best friend went through the same problem when she came out. Her mom couldn't care less, but since her dad passed away, her brother has become the main male figure in her life. He would disown her, she thinks. To this day, at least a year later, she hasn't told him. I don't agree with her decision. You are what you are. If your coming out, you can't only come out half way. I think that your mom's family might not be very open to it at first, but I'm sure they love and care about you, and will learn to accept it. I'm very religous, but also very libral. Bi, gay, straight, it doesn't matter to me. Its a persons decision, not anyone elses.  

watermelon_slice

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff