Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Ceres : Celestial Legend (a.k.a Ayashi no Ceres)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read Ceres?
  Yes
  No
View Results

yuki_asukai

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:56 pm
Well what can I say about Ceres: Celestial Legends other than that I think it's the best manga series I've read so far. I haven't read many titles mind you, but nonetheless. I have to admit though that the episodes are really bad because they cut way too much important stuff out. If you haven't read Ceres, but want to know about it, feel free to ask me, cause I know it inside and out. Especially after I bought the manga authors art book The Art of Ceres Celestial Legend and read a biography of the creator Yu Watase. *snuggles her new book* 3nodding heart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:06 pm
Oh, so you think the anime isn't as good? That could be explaining that when I watch it I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  

Nadian
Crew

-DancingThroughLife-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:31 pm
I love both the anime and manga of this series. Yuu Watase is an amazing Shojo artist.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:25 pm

You know honestly I really really want to read this manga. I haven't been able to though because of money crying but i want to. It looks rather interesting, and i like the art work. (I'm picky when it comes to my mangas and there details....)

Phoenix_Kiss13

The Cherry Aphrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:58 pm
yeah i read it...it wasnt too bad...not the best though...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:12 pm
so cool! yay! mrgreen  

Heimdell267

Will Avalon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:36 am
I've read Ayashi no Ceres, and it is a great manga. I have yet to watch the anime, but it couldn't possibly be as screwed up as the anime version of Kaikan Phrase. (Don't ask) However, Ceres does get boring some, because all of Yuu Watase's work looks identical. I've read Alice 19th and Absolute Boyfriend, two of her other works, and all of her characters are almost mirror images of each other. They do look brilliant, but there's just not enough diversity.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:26 pm
I like the mangas by Yuu Watase, but somehow all of her animes sucks! The Ceres manga is all right, but I think the anime is all borin! whee whee whee  

CherryViz

KyuuKaze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:29 pm
The manga was way better  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:51 am
Will Avalon
I've read Ayashi no Ceres, and it is a great manga. I have yet to watch the anime, but it couldn't possibly be as screwed up as the anime version of Kaikan Phrase. (Don't ask) However, Ceres does get boring some, because all of Yuu Watase's work looks identical. I've read Alice 19th and Absolute Boyfriend, two of her other works, and all of her characters are almost mirror images of each other. They do look brilliant, but there's just not enough diversity.

Yes it's true, her characters do look almost identical, but the storylines of her mangas are diverse and interesting enough to make up for it.

Ayashi no Ceres is an awesome manga, I personally own all 14 volumes, and have reread them many times. I recommend it to all who haven't read it yet. You are missing out on a lot. Yet another of Yuu Watase's many masterpieces.  

Kaialystra

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:16 pm
I have only watched the anime, Ayashi no Ceres, and I fell in love! How can you all say that the anime is terrible when it is simply wonderful! I loved it sooo much! I haven't read the manga yet.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:45 pm
ive seen the anime but i have yet to read the manga, if the anime wasgood im sure the manga is good too. i love this series, ive seen quite a few times.  

amaterasu_geisha

900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

LadyKourin

Familiar Gaian

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:05 pm
I don't think my opinion counts that much since I'm huge fan of all Watase Yuu's works... xd
Anyway, I recomend for those who haven't read it yet, pleeeease do read. Story-wise it's her best manga. (Fushigi Yuugi's still my favorite though)

About the anime issue, I think it'd be better if it had more episodes... at least for Shuuro's part.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:59 pm
I'm reading it right now!! whee whee  

Sailor_Aelia_Moon

4,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games