Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
|~/ Advice for an Undiscovered Girl ~|

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I go for it?
  Hell yeah!
  Errr... How shall I put this nicely... No.
  Don't give good advice so.. err i donno.
  Maybe?
View Results

miz-ella

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Say there was this girl.. She's a pretty average girl... She's smart, she's what they call 'innocently cute' and she wants to get discovered. She finds out proscout is coming to her city, she finds out they take first timers. She finds out interviews with proscout is free!

She asks her mom if she should go for it. Her mom, in a totally bad mood says do whatever you want cause I don't care. She asks again, should I go and will you drive me there? She sighs and tells her, look honey. you're sweet and a very smart girl. but I don't think you're... what they're looking for so just study.

Heart broken, spirit crushed and thinking that she's appearance challenged she forgets all about it until she hears another ad about the proscout. She asks her family and they all laugh at her and say she's not that 'material'.

She decides she's going to do it anyway! Like what the heck? What can she lose? But she is known for getting emotionally crushed for a looooong time if she doesn't get what she wants. And this is her life dream... What should she do?

Say that girl was me... Well, it is me! HELP ME!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:09 pm
What is proscout? So I can make a better educated answer. And give my 2 cents.  

Spikin

V For V

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:52 am
It's probably some sort of modelling agency or magazine..

Whatever it is, go for it. If you don't get in, it's no big deal. It's like those contests on the backs of cereal boxes. If everyone didn't enter because they worried about losing, no one would win.

It doesn't make your family 'right' about their opinion of you, it just means you didn't get in, simple as that. It's similar for why someone else gets hired for a job you apply for.

You'll never know how good it feels to win unless you let yourself lose a few times.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:35 am
V For V
It's probably some sort of modelling agency or magazine..

Whatever it is, go for it. If you don't get in, it's no big deal. It's like those contests on the backs of cereal boxes. If everyone didn't enter because they worried about losing, no one would win.

It doesn't make your family 'right' about their opinion of you, it just means you didn't get in, simple as that. It's similar for why someone else gets hired for a job you apply for.

You'll never know how good it feels to win unless you let yourself lose a few times.

True, you should go for it, and ******** your family for not incouraging you. Your family doesn't seem to want you to make anything of yourself if they aren't incouraging you to do something other than study.

But we all know why someone else gets hired rather than you. Like 90% of the time it's because the manager's daughter's boyfriend needed a job. Generally it's because of something along those lines.  

Spikin

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:39 pm
Yes, do go for it! Find a friend to drive you and try out for it!

Your family isnt the person looking so I wouldn't let that get you down. Besides, if you do get another chance like this and you actually go for it now- and don't make it- You'll know more of what to expect for later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:43 pm
One comment - no matter how cute or beautiful a person is, if they can't handle rejection then they aren't cut out for the world of acting or modeling.

Go for it, but if you get turned down, use it as practice to help you develop thick skin. You'll need it! Part of the game is persistence.  

Martian Princess

Kawaiinu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:39 pm
Yeah a thick skin is helpful. Try it, and see if it works. I wish you the best of luck.
And also, if you could, keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm entering a contest to be in a Junior Book Advisory Board.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games