Submit

Stay or Go?
  Stay
  Go
  Unsure
View Results

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:48 am
Ok, so, when I was in fifth grade, my mom died. So, I don't have a mom in my family anymore. My dad is engaged to a woman who lives an hour away from where I live. He's always hanging out with her, so he's almost never home. He tells me that he's come see me more often, but when he leaves, Suzie (fiancee) feels insecure.
He keeps talking about marriage and moving, and it drives me crazy. I don't really care if he gets married, but I don't want to live up there. All of my friends are down by my house, and I don't think I can get along very well with her family. Her son is nice, but he's kinda a nerd, and doesn't like the stuff I do, and her daughter is sort of a bossy brat. Dad tells me that I don't have to get along with them, but if they're gonna supposedly be my future family, that's pretty important that we like each other. He keeps saying how I'm gonna go to a high school up there. I'm worried that I'm gonna be really alone, without my friends, and not really my family. I don't want to live up there. Then again, down here, my brother is always out doing something so I'm home alone, but I still have friends down here.

What do you think I should do?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Well, depending on your age you could do something that I suggest against, which would be moving out to *a* friends house, but that would cause problems and probably push you and your family apart, trust me..I did it.

Now the best thing I can think of is living with the problem, find something that everyone likes, and build up from there. Just because someone's a nerd or bossy doesn't mean they don't like nature, poems etc. I mean, I'm a redneck, but I still like poems and writing. So please do think hard before you decide on something, things can allways get worse.  

Seferius Slyferin

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:28 pm
it doesn't matter....but don't leave your father or your future family...because if you do...you're just running away from your problem.....don't do that...try and get alone with them i know it's hard and uncomfortable..i live with my parents....but i've never relaly had an intelligent conversation with my pop...because he is never there for me...i'm always home alone with my kid-siblings(2) it relaly hurts to watch my kid sister get down because he's not there for her...i'm fine without him, but my sister isn't, i get very unconfortable when he's home and so i go to my room....the thing is i don't really( i think) care for him ..it's kinda sad...but i'm living...my life...so i'm sure you'll make it work if you try..getting along with them doesn't mean being their bestest( if that's even a word? ) friend.....it means getting along with them....i get along with my pops by not bothering to get his attention...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:31 pm
Changes of environment brings insecurity to anyone, and telling you to keep a positive may be easy from this side of the road; but the truth is that nothing last for ever. So if you can make the best that you can now, build friendships that can keep the communication lines or at least can be support thru this uncertain period.

We tend to transform when we do fell in love, and sometimes we do lack the experience to keep a balance with our family and the intruder, so soon enough you will be able to go to High School, and who knows, later on at 18 move to live out of the house. Unless there is no danger moving into a new environment (where we have to look a way out), give yourself the opportunity to grow, and make the happiness your goal. ninja  

Artemidora

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

TheSixStringKid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:55 pm
If moving away from your friends worries you, you could find a way to visit/sleep over their houses and try to make new friends wherever your father plans to move. I don't know the guy, but the son being a nerd doesn't automatically make him a bad guy. Try to find a common interest or share your interests with him. As for the daughter, try to make peace. If you feel like she's annoying you, just walk away and or speak your mind.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games