Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
wow! and I don't know what it means...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arielace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:32 pm
stressed I have this boyfreind. we'v been dating for about a month. but get this, he sais he loves me. Well it's not that I don't love him. But everytime I say it back I feel confused. This guy is perfect for me but were so young, and to be truthful, I'm not really sure what love is. Sometimes I wonder if he just sais that-until we start to talk about our featuer together. I wonder If he's telling me the truth or not. I mean anyone can say that and not mean it. But how do I know he's telling the truth? dramallama  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:03 pm
Recently my friend went away to college. A boy started following her around on the first day and two weeks later they're kissing and sleeping with each other.

The world has gone insane and frankly quite primitive.

How old are you and how old is he? It's like math, I need all the variables to get an answer..  

V For V

Loser [questionmark]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:18 pm
Yes. It always depends on the age. Like in middle school relationships like, grade 6-10 or so people just think that they're supposed to say I love right off the bat. They don't always understand that it's actually supposed to mean something. Most of my boyfriends have said I love you but I always try to avoid saying back becuase it's not true. There was only boyfirned who told me he actually did love me and meant but I didn't love him. Thats another story but that might be whats happening. It doesn't just happen to people in that age range.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:51 pm
Now....love....how came you comprehend such a thing. It's such an annoyingly difficult subject to pin point. Never say those words unless you mean it...as him about it....and if you're young then he probably just means likes you a lot.  

Astuta

Tempus_Glacia

Hallowed Worshipper

11,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:02 am
Ok, love has absolutely NOTHING to do with age. Lust, on the other hand...if the guy is older then you are (and even if he's not, really) he could just be telling you he loves you to get him some play...

However, he might not be. I fell in love for the first time at a very young age and it was great. Things didn't work out, however, the guy had to move out of state with his family, but we're still real good friends today. However, that's really not a good example...Um....He could honestly just love you, though if you're too young that could, again, just be code for something else.

I recommend sitting down and talking to him about it, about just where his plans for your relationship are heading. Some guys will just talk about the future to get into your pants (I've had a few of those unsuccessfully try...) but there are those rare cases of guys who just really aren't like that. I mean sure, in the back of his mind most likely....but as a whole, he could just be a sweet, caring guy. You just need to talk to him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:33 am
Loser [questionmark]
Yes. It always depends on the age. Like in middle school relationships like, grade 6-10 or so people just think that they're supposed to say I love right off the bat. They don't always understand that it's actually supposed to mean something. Most of my boyfriends have said I love you but I always try to avoid saying back becuase it's not true. There was only boyfirned who told me he actually did love me and meant but I didn't love him. Thats another story but that might be whats happening. It doesn't just happen to people in that age range.

-you're right about how people in grades 6-10 say "I love you" right off the bat. I made that mistake, and believed it too. I kicked myself in the butt for 2 weeks before I realized it was wrong. and Tempus is right, it has nothing to do with age. Im fourteen and thought I was in love, but apparently wasn't because it didnt work out and I was to freakin blind to see what was happening. Dont get me wrong, the four good months we had were fantastic, then we just started falling apart...well, I did anyway. Like everyone else has said, sit him down and talk to him about it. I wish I had done that. xD  

Vini-Vidi-Vici

Dapper Dabbler

5,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:14 am
Love's a very strong word. It's like saying, you mean more to me then anything else and I wanna spend my life with you. My advice is...don't say you love anyone unless you actually feel that way, and are sure that no heart-breaking problems will come out of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:24 pm
Hi five to you who thinks to same way!
Personally, I don't belive in love, especially at a young age, when you just barely grasp that concept.

I mean, sure, you're compatible, and you've known each other for a month. But does that bond surpass that with friends, who've been with your for, say, years?

Love is, generally speaking, supposed to be stronger than friendship, right? So, ignoring the thing people believe as 'fate', shouldn't a relationship be so much longer than just a month for someone to say 'I love you' and mean it?

But hey, what do I know?

I'm not even allowed to date yet XD

x Aluminia Wings

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas