Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whats the "problem" with gays? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forever_Night

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:32 pm
Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, et cetera, are just people. i dont think they can realy help being who they are. why are they so socially rejected? I dont understand. Must everyone be closeminded to everything?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:31 pm
I don't understand it either. If that's who they want to be then we should let them. I may not understand it, but I don't hate or despise something just because I don't understand it.  

CabooseRIF

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:40 pm
doesnt the bible say dont judge *wait i take that back* the bible says a lot of things and one is some thing about people like that. The only important thing out of the bible is the dont judge. (for me at least)

You cant change how you love some one. Cant we all just get along. Isnt everybody going on about how we need to be different, well let them/us be different.

Im friend with many poeple that are that way. They are really cool people. Others just dont give them the chance. I think we should!

Lu'  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:34 am
I'm a Christian so I don't believe in what they do, but I don't think we should torture them like in the Inquisition. People are people so they deserved to be treated as such and not otherwise.  

doodlebuggey88

CnnmnSpider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:48 pm
I think for many people, it's a fear/hatred of anything different from them that makes them mistreat sexual minorities. They don't know how to deal with the idea that not everyone is like them because it upsets their view on the world, so they shun those that they don't understand.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 am
I agree with white_darkness. People hate something that's strange. I have no problem with gays, but I know alot of people that don't like them. I know it looks strange when you see the same sex displaying affection for each other, but think about in the reverse. What if loving someone of the opposite sex was strange?  

toyDUCKs

Tipsy Reveler

tinkys85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:21 am
when i was younger i was bi , my mom told me(on almost a daily basis) that i was going to hell, she got to the point she actully called me names like carpet muncher and dike,then she started telling me that just because i couldnt get laid did not mean i had to turn to something as "disgusting" as another women. I think if ppl these days were more understanding( im not saying you have to agree with it , i know alot of ppls religion disapproves of this sort of thing) then A. ppl would have higher self-esteems B. you wouldnt have so many ppl afraid of themselves  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:38 am
There is no problem with them. their is a major problem with intolerant A***H*&&^s who ostracize and attack people for having differant points of view.  

J-E-O-C

HistoryFreak77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:06 pm
The whole same sex thing is a touchy subject for me. For me being a Christian I should say that it's the oposite sex that should be together. But, how I see it is there is absolutly nothing wrong with them. I mean, if God didn't want their to be gays/lez's/bi's....Then, there wouldn't be any. Make sense?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 pm
Forever_Night
Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, et cetera, are just people. i dont think they can realy help being who they are. why are they so socially rejected? I dont understand. Must everyone be closeminded to everything?

It's quite simple.
It's because of the people who follow the teachings of really old books  

jubilantmisery

J-E-O-C

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:02 pm
jubilantmisery
Forever_Night

It's quite simple.
It's because of the people who follow the teachings of really old books

its essentially all one book with an appendix and some revisions. the torah and the qur'ran (bet thats not right but o well) are practically the same with a few differances. the bible has an added half which is majorly differant in tone and style.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:25 pm
In many times of history, People fear what they do not understand or what people think is just *$%(ing strange(damn censors). That fear turns into hate and that is something, according to history, europeans and americans do this quite quickly.  

gamer014

Deaf.Screams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 pm
It's just like back in the days of segregation. People were seperated because of who they were. They couldn't helkp being black and gays can't help being gay. (some may beg to differ on wether they can help it or not) People are people, what they do in their love life is their business. I have a problem with the anti-gay marriage as well. Who is the government to say who we are allowed to marry? It's just rediculous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:58 pm
For some stupid reason it is human nature to fear what is different from us. And what we fear we attempt to destoy or suborbinate. Don't no why, but thats the way things are. Once the ignorance is replaced by understanding it will pass.  

Bari Sax Man

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces