The nature of a perfect "God" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:17 pm
The most "perfect" thing in the universe, the sum of all parts. and why we must attach our own opinions and morals to such a thing. I have made a topic, see, I'm no good.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:54 pm
xD I suppose I should say it was a good try at making one. razz
But what you wrote there doesn't wuite make any sense. What do you want answered? Or what on earth does it mean?!
mrgreen

StargemKitty

Utasa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:21 am
we all voice our own opions on whats perfect but there is a truth to to all but we as humans conot see the truth with your human eyes so let us not worry what is truth beacause if we stay on things like that how will we ever progress on to something new in life...? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm
the only way to embrace truth is with stoicism and, a grain of salt.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Utasa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:58 pm
FFXIsKegan
the only way to embrace truth is with stoicism and, a grain of salt.
yes but enough to live it to the end of what is neededbut that to could be judged and seen if it could really be needed...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:06 pm
by embrace I do not mean know. but ratherthe closest thing to understanding truth which can only be found in perfection. being only a part of teh equation we can under stand no more than part of the equation. we are not equal to the sum of all parts and not close enough to be mentaly grasping it.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Utasa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:29 pm
FFXIsKegan
by embrace I do not mean know. but ratherthe closest thing to understanding truth which can only be found in perfection. being only a part of teh equation we can under stand no more than part of the equation. we are not equal to the sum of all parts and not close enough to be mentaly grasping it.
just by asking do we really be perfect in the eyes of another...?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:14 pm
no.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Utasa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:21 pm
What does it depend on...to make something? perfect?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:53 pm
Zivas Gambino
What does it depend on...to make something? perfect?
wholeness... thusly the perfect god is everything as a whole so the bible would be accurate if there was any good it would be everything, the sum of all parts , correct?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Seferius Slyferin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:01 pm
Okay, I'm gonna ignore what you guys have said so far, and hopefully a new perspective will be opened, if not, then we will need more people.

There is no such thing as perfection, therefore no being is perfect. Humans alone of created gods to fit there needs and justify beliefs, saying that each god is perfect.. That is all I have to say at this time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:09 pm
Seferius Slyferin
Okay, I'm gonna ignore what you guys have said so far, and hopefully a new perspective will be opened, if not, then we will need more people.

There is no such thing as perfection, therefore no being is perfect. Humans alone of created gods to fit there needs and justify beliefs, saying that each god is perfect.. That is all I have to say at this time.

"God" is a term not really much a a proper noun get with it! -and, no one thing is perfect may be right but, oh well whatever you're just here to rant right?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:21 pm
To start I'll post this:

"Of such great powers or beings there may be conceivably a survival... a survival of a hugely remote period when... consciousness was manifested, perhaps, in shapes and forms long since withdrawn before the tide of advancing humanity... forms of which poetry and legend alone have caught a flying memory and called them gods, monsters, mythical beings of all sorts and kinds... "

- Algernon Blackwood

Then this:

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

- Howard Philips Lovecraft

Then there is the age old bit "the perfect is the enemy of the Good"

Beyond all of that though, I shall say this. It is impossible to know if God exists, who created whom, and for what real purpose. However, it was determined to be set out like this:

Four options.

1: God exists, and you believe; it's all good
2: God doesn't exist, and you believe; only so much harm was really done anyway
3: God Doesn't exist, and you don't believe; good, you didn't waste time or energy.
4: God exists, and you don't believe; you are in so much trouble...

So the best choice in the situation is to find a belief, and stick with it.

Also, it should be known that perfect, complete, and good are not synonomous. We are incapable of understanding the long-term in the way that God would see it. We only know a blip in the timeline, and the spites and joys that we receive therein. Just bear in mind that no matter what a perfect entity does, it will not necessarily be "good" as we define it, but it will be the right and proper thing to be done.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:00 am
No, that was my debated, challanging others, however it might of agreed. If I wanted to rant it would be bigger and grammerless.  

Seferius Slyferin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:18 pm
Through either ignorance itself or madness, knowledge does not scare most as it should but, I am not contempt with peace, as most are not willing to accept the same with themselves. So, I must learn. through knowledge we can not avoid destroying ourselves. Perhaps the best thing we could is to just stop. but we must all play our role. Are we part of something bigger. what identity will we find for ourselves and, how will that torture us. We are glutons for punishment. I find peace of mind in knowledge, it is my drug.

Now all of what I said makes sense to me but, I'm not sure I organized that in a way that would make sense if I wasn't the one saying it. sweatdrop  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff