Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
so it's not my fault....but i feel guilty...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:45 pm
okay....i totally understand that it's not a child's fault if their parents are arguing....but i still feel guilty when my parents argued....i feel like it's my fault that they are arguing about that "greens" issue....and i like wish maybe that i shouldn't have been born...so their life would be easier....as a kid and a teen, i understand that we're not suppose to balme ourselves...but what if my guilt gets the better of us??  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:15 pm
Ah haha I went through that. I think it's natural for a teen to think it's their fault their parents argue. But really, if you listen to what they argue about, talk to them afterward and get both sides of the story, you might not feel so guilty. Just one thing though, don't let the guilt settle in...you can convince yourself of MANY things if you feel guilty...or upset, but guilt can lead to sadness so dont let it get you xD Really though, you shouldn't let yourself think its your fault, because it isnt *hugs*  

Vini-Vidi-Vici

Dapper Dabbler

5,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:06 pm
*hug back* Thanks crying ! Sometimes i hear my name and my siblings...and that's why....and i feel kinda uncomfortable talking with my parents....but thanks for all you've said....it's made me feel better...and the hug!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:06 pm
sometimes i feel that way too but a least you were born  

saiaka1010

Vini-Vidi-Vici

Dapper Dabbler

5,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:25 pm
lilipepper
*hug back* Thanks crying ! Sometimes i hear my name and my siblings...and that's why....and i feel kinda uncomfortable talking with my parents....but thanks for all you've said....it's made me feel better...and the hug!

if u ever need another hug im yer girl! ^_^ glad to help!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:13 pm
Actually if i had the choice i'd preferred to not have been born...I'm not saying i dont' want to live. I love life...because this is as great as it gets...but sometimes you kindd wish you weren't there...  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Bright October Skies

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:09 pm
I also know how that feels, but trust me it isn't your fault. My parents got divorced and I blamed myself for years. But it isn't healthy to blame yourself for something you have no power to control. Think of it this way, there is nothing you can do to stop it can you? I don't think there is, I have never found a way to stop something that isn't your fault. PM me if you ever need to talk, mkay? *HUG*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:22 pm
I feel that way alot. my parents always fight. It seems like there drifting apart, but I know its not my falt or my brothers. Dont worry, things will be fine! its not your falt or your siblings. Dont worry, 10000s of people feel the same way as you.  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:01 pm
get a diary and write down everything thats borthering you
then leave it in a place where your parents might find it
have your parents names written on the cover so they know to read it
if they find out that their arguing is bothering you,
they may stop they're arguing. and make up.
and if that doesnt work, confront them face to face
sit them down and tell them to listen carefully. (tears may work too)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:58 pm
i think all kids do that. we may know that it's really not our fault, but we find some way to worm it around and make it our fault. it has to do with kids and teenagers being self absorbed, so when there's problems, they make it out to be their fault (hate me all you want, this is just based on research and observation) it's ridiculously hard (i was there once) but try and drown out the fighting and drama going on (to make it worse for us, when my parents were divorcing, i ended up hearing a lot of the whys because i was almost an adult, and it's always frustrating.)  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

XxNamikaze_MinatoxX

Interesting Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 am
Well as to a solution, you can always stop them from fighting and talk to both of them about their problems and what you all can do to solve it without any more problems coming your way. Either way at least you can give some suggestions or advice to your parents on what they can do if it's related to you. ^^ *Hugs* Ya can get through this. I know it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:12 pm
Every couple fights, its a fact of life. You simply have to accept that and know that it isn't your fault. That's they key fact of the matter. Your parents arguing or fighting isn't your fault.  

Curley Whirly

ll S W E E T ll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm
you should talk to the both of them and try to see if they can compromise with one another about the problem. You know it's okay to feel guilty about it but u must understand that ur existence in this world was from ur parents. Rather u were born or not, u can't assume that ur parents' lives would have been better.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games