Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What is “Love”? ...Yes I’m being serious.. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

Shearis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:16 pm
“What is love..?”

There are so many different kinds of love--
False love, a crush, brotherly love, puppy love, teenage love, romantic love, true love, etc.

Is love not just simply an emotion..
Like all emotions we can’t control it. And it changes constantly, some more then others.
So how can anyone say they are truly in love?
How does one prove that what they are feeling is real and not a product of hormones and such..?
Is that all love is, hormones?
What if your “true love” has another “true love” and it’s not you, then is he/she still your “true love”?

Sure there are things in a person's personalities that make others attracted to them but same goes for how we make friends.
Personality and looks play a roll in both love and friendship.
So really Friendship and Love are not much different..

Well those are my thoughts..
Now I would like to know what you think..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:19 am
Well love is a touchy subject. Sicilians have a thing called "Struck by a lightingbolt" which is kind of a hormone love. True love is kind of hard to obtain. It means both will protect each other, agree in almost all things, go out and do stuff together and etc. You'll know this will happen when the two are married since age 20 to death. I dunno this topic is mostly people with experience or opinions.  

gamer014

Rain And Roses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:12 pm
All I can say is that you'll know it when you find it. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:01 pm
In my opinion love is a fondness for someone that is unquetionable and that never dies.  

~ murderd in cold blood ~

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Saint Rydire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:30 pm
im going to begin my new gaian study and make a really long post after i type it on microsoft word  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:08 pm
love is a very technical thing, but at times, its not so technical,

my veiws, is when one person longs to spend time with another, and has emotional attraction towards them, true, there are many types of love, crushes, true, fake, flit, etc. many differnent people have different thoughts about love and wether its feelings, or hormones, or something else entirely, its not really explained yet, but Nat. Geografic did a huge article on it, and for the most part explains some of the basics, you should check this out at a library if you dont own a copy,

Love in the middle ages, was never really veiwed as being important, you were married, wheter ya loved your spouce or not, your land, and your family name and its future was first in the importance line. Now love is a more widley used and frequently used term for a not so simple thing, Dating, is used as a way to spend time with the person you "love" and marrige is (for the most part) proof of this feeling, nowdays everything is more of a flit then actual true or romantic love, which can last for years, in Nat. Geo's article, it interveiwed a couple who have been married for almost 60 years, and have had 20 kids, and 77 grand kids, that my readers, is true love...

pm me if you want more info  

Saint Rydire

Vengeful-Suicide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:14 pm
love is what distracts our mind. Would You Kill Your Mother, Girlfriend, Wife If She Murdered Someone?

"Criminals Mock Societies Laws"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:33 pm
Saint Dane Ruler of Halla
love is a very technical thing, but at times, its not so technical,

my veiws, is when one person longs to spend time with another, and has emotional attraction towards them, true, there are many types of love, crushes, true, fake, flit, etc. many differnent people have different thoughts about love and wether its feelings, or hormones, or something else entirely, its not really explained yet, but Nat. Geografic did a huge article on it, and for the most part explains some of the basics, you should check this out at a library if you dont own a copy,

Love in the middle ages, was never really veiwed as being important, you were married, wheter ya loved your spouce or not, your land, and your family name and its future was first in the importance line. Now love is a more widley used and frequently used term for a not so simple thing, Dating, is used as a way to spend time with the person you "love" and marrige is (for the most part) proof of this feeling, nowdays everything is more of a flit then actual true or romantic love, which can last for years, in Nat. Geo's article, it interveiwed a couple who have been married for almost 60 years, and have had 20 kids, and 77 grand kids, that my readers, is true love...

pm me if you want more info

I find love among other human emotions quite interesting, and I would like to read more on this article you spoke of written in National Geographics.

If you would, can you tell me in which issue it was written so that I may read it for myself? And perhaps what else you may know?

Shearis

Shearis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Saphire_Storm
All I can say is that you'll know it when you find it. heart

I've though I found love many a time, and not once was I right...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:56 pm
gamer014
Well love is a touchy subject. Sicilians have a thing called "Struck by a lightingbolt" which is kind of a hormone love. True love is kind of hard to obtain. It means both will protect each other, agree in almost all things, go out and do stuff together and etc. You'll know this will happen when the two are married since age 20 to death. I dunno this topic is mostly people with experience or opinions.

Well the things is, even if someone promises love, protect, etc, another that promises doesn’t all ways stay true..
Look at all the divorces that happen each year.
And the number is only getting bigger.
People change with time, so the person you marry may end up being the one you hate.
((It happened to my parents and tons of others))

True there are some people that stay with each other until death.
But that number is few. And what of the ones who just can’t hold down a relationship?
Is that a fault of the person..?
((I'm juts full of questions ^^))

Shearis

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:29 am
As for love. (this is an excerpt from a private message correspondence)

It is such an abstract concept that I'm not even sure it has any meaning. For time's sake, I'll say, yes, I believe in love because I fell in love once. But how does anyone know what love really is? I felt like it was love, but it very well could have been nothing more than a simple crush. Defining love as wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone you care about, then most assuredly yes, I was (and quite possibly still am) in love with her. But since I can't tell the future, there's no way for anyone to know or prove whether or not it was true love.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 pm
i believe in love and i believe there is love. you might know it when you find it....really there is no way to tell if you are in love. if once you thought you were in love and then later it turned out not as expected....maybe you did love the person but then later do not. love can be an everchanging feeling but it can also change for the better  

angelafatinski

angelafatinski

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:21 pm
Vengeful-Suicide
love is what distracts our mind. Would You Kill Your Mother, Girlfriend, Wife If She Murdered Someone?

no i would never ever ever kill them and i do not believe love is a distraction. i think it is what we are being distracted from.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:04 pm
ames-chan
i believe in love and i believe there is love. you might know it when you find it....really there is no way to tell if you are in love. if once you thought you were in love and then later it turned out not as expected....maybe you did love the person but then later do not. love can be an everchanging feeling but it can also change for the better
So if love is ever changing then does that mean there is no such thing as true love.
My question remains- “What is love?”
If love is out there; which apparently it is or people would clam to be in love, what causes it.
Hormones, feelings, or is it something else completely?

Shearis

Shearis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:11 pm
Vengeful-Suicide

Would I kill them? ..Well no.. because then I'd be in trouble for murder..
((and I don’t have a girlfriend or wife...I’m straight thank you..))
I do agree though feeling of love can be distracting and often make one ack un-rationally

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff