Submit

Do you have a soul?
  Yes.
  No.
  Ask me after I've died.
View Results

Azrael Harbinger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Do you believe you have a soul? Most people believe they have souls, even if they don't THINK they believe - it's an interesting phenomena.

If we were face to face, this is where I would tell you to close your eyes, but as you have to read this -

Imagine: You are standing in the middle of a room.

I take away your right hand.

I take away your left foot.

Now I remove your ears.

Snip, no right leg.

Crack, now you're missing your right arm.

Everything below your waist is now gone.

Next I take your left arm and shoulder.

Now I've removed everything below the neck.

And now I've taken your head.

--Do you still exist? Somewhere along that chain, did something go 'poof' and remain as YOU?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:46 am
Honestly, I don't know. I would like to believe that there is some part of us that transcends our physical being, but having no way to know for sure kind of holds that back.  

Annie-San

Velorius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:30 am
I have no soul... as for ceasing to exist that happened around the time you took my right arm or leg, by then I would have bled to death from you removing my body parts.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:46 pm
I do believe I have a soul 3nodding
and I think my soul would've been crying if you were ripping me
apart like that crying
::shivers::
Now you've got images stuck in my mind! gonk  

DarthJudge

The Book Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:06 pm
I dont' really know....I believe and then I don't believe. It depends. As for the ask me after I've died part....well what if your soul is mortal just like your flesh and blood? That's why you don't really know. If you do stay together as a soul after you die, then it would be assumed that you do. On the other hand, a human consciousness is developed at an early age around other people. You are not born with this consciousness. If you were, there would be no such thing as feral children.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:32 pm
I belive we don't have a part that lives after we die. Once we die we're gone. No more, we're in a deep sleep.  

Karnen

Bo-Bo The Great

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:18 pm
I believe...
The soul is a manifestation of your beliefs and what you've encounters in your life. It's like a negative. An imprint caused by all the things you've done. But it's not a physical or spiritual thing.

The soul is an energy. It stems from th same energy that exists in everything everywhere. There is a universal bond in your soul, and that bond is unbreakable.

Einsteins Theory:
Energy can not be Created or Destroyed.
that means that the energy that exists today has always existed, and will always exist. People need to stop questioning why everything is here and where it came from, and learn to just enjoy it while it's still here.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:53 pm
I believe in souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bUT A 'Soul' is different from a 'spirit' ...
A Spirit is either something that has never been alive
Or your magickal energy...  

Evil Karma Angel

butterfly2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:00 am
Evil Karma Angel
I believe in souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bUT A 'Soul' is different from a 'spirit' ...
A Spirit is either something that has never been alive
Or your magickal energy...

this is the way that I believe also. a spirit is in everything (even rocks) and a soul is an individual magickal energy that defines that individual being whether that being is a rock, a slug, a bug or person!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 pm
Velorius
I have no soul... as for ceasing to exist that happened around the time you took my right arm or leg, by then I would have bled to death from you removing my body parts.

I Sort Of Beleive What You're Saying Cause If You Start Pulling Limbs Of Course The Being Is Going To Die. But I Do Beleive We Have A Soul, Ki, Energy, Karma, Whatever Thats Driving Us To Live. And When You Want To Die, Your Soul Just Lets Go. The Will To Die. Does That Exist? Can You Mentally Make Yourself Just Die...Let Go?  

Vengeful-Suicide

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:17 pm
Vengeful-Suicide
I Sort Of Beleive What You're Saying Cause If You Start Pulling Limbs Of Course The Being Is Going To Die. But I Do Beleive We Have A Soul, Ki, Energy, Karma, Whatever Thats Driving Us To Live. And When You Want To Die, Your Soul Just Lets Go. The Will To Die. Does That Exist? Can You Mentally Make Yourself Just Die...Let Go?

short answer: yes. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:40 pm
I've heard logical arguments that there is no god. I've heard stirring sermons from priests of multiple faiths. I've seen friends die of health problems. I've seen people fall in love. I've studied how all the core religions have came about. I've studied how the moons and planets were created, and how the sun will die.

What I'm getting at is this: if you believe something, don't question yourself. If you think Thor is going to take you to Valhalla when you die, then you better start praying to Thor. No person has the right to tell you that you're wrong, what may be right for one person isn't always right for another. The only way to live is by what you feel is the correct way for you. If someone tells you that you're wrong, tell them to prove that. If they insist, punch them in the face, and tell them it's from Anime Duncan evil

And yes, I believe that we have souls blaugh  

Anime Duncan

Rashke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:49 pm
I would have to say that i would still be there spiritually but not physically. But what is a soul without its host body?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 am
in old greek, the word for soul was "psyche".

so i feel that if i have an emotional center with a sense of self, which i feel psyche is, then i have a soul.

however, it may be mortal; i'm not sure.  

beaulolais

BandofDans

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:59 pm
I don't see how the scientific community can claim that there is no such thing as a soul, only to also say that nothing can be destroyed, only transformed. Our bodies turn to dirt, but what of the human consciousness? The thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of must still exist in some form: The soul.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff