Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
she seems like an empty shell...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:52 pm
I've been hangong out with my cousin these past few days. We always have fun, but it seems like something is missing in her life. She laughs, smiles, and talks with me and we have fun, but when i look at her eyes, i can tell that she's not really laughing...you know what i mean? She's laughing, but yet she's also not too...i hope you do...sorry if you don't...She's like an empty shell, she shows emotion, but not her real feeling, it's all fake.when i ask her what's wrong, she tells me nothing and smiles...

What is wrong with her? How do i let her know that i'm there for her no matter it it's a bad thing she did or a good? I don't know what to do, it makes me want to cry everytime she smiles, because it seems like she's in pain or is only forcing it because i'm there.....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:09 pm
I really feel for her. Can you think of anything to make her act this way? I know she wont want to talk about it, so mabey her parents know why shes upset. I'd just give her lots of hugs, and tell her your there if she wants to talk about it.
Thats all I can really say, I hope it helps  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

Xandu15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:22 pm
I would just make sure your actions show that you're always going to be there for her. Also, talk to her about problems your having, sometimes just sharing with someone can make them feel secure enough to share with you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:15 pm
Oh wow...that's what's going on with me too...
That means something is probably happening to her at like school or something. Maybe she's getting made fun of, or she feels like she's disappointing people because of her grades.
There's a pretty wide array of what could be happening.
And I agree with Xandu. She'll probably feel better if she knows that she's not the only one having problems.  

Lovethemusic

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:04 am
i feel like i don't know her anymore! (I'm going crazy...) She's like my bestest friends...we're always there for eachother...but everytime i mention that something's really wrong with her she tells me nothing and laugh and starts to tickle me and get me off subject.
She use to talk about her ex all the time and she doesn't even mention it anymore. Guys ask her out, but she just tells them she doesn't want a boyfriend...she tells me she's over with the guy and with that, she's also a different person.

I'll try all of your suggestions...wish me luck that i can get rid of this charlatan from my cousin... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:41 pm
im so sorry i do the same thing she does.i smile and laugh because if i don't people would want to know whats wrong with me.i put a fake smile on every day and always laugh,people think im always happy but im not.sometimes its easyer for me to just pretend to be happy because if i act how i feel inside people always gather around me and try to cheer me up.i really dont like that kind of attention.i think your cousin just doesnt want to worry you.maybe she doesnt want to draw to much attention i know i dont.  

lady-loveable

shendew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:28 pm
I think she's just dealing with her first love relationship. She may be like that because it perhaps was her first relationship, and after that she just feels like everything is gone....based on what you've said. But that's what i think....First loves are hard to forget, it seems like they're always be in your heart...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:51 am
I am the same way as your cousin sometimes. If this has been happening for a long time, ask her again. It would really help her if the dialouge went like this:
You:What's wrong
Her:Nothing
You:~look in her eyes~ Tell me the truth.

That is all anybody like us really needs, is someone who can tell that we are not telling the truth, and they tell you. It comforts us that somebody truly cares.  

DarkJoker99

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Spikin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:38 pm
Something's lost in her life.

dunno what, but it's obviously important to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:26 pm
I'm pretty much the same as her. We act happy, so people don't worry. We act normal, so no one asks us questions. Congrats to you, you noticed. She's lucky to have you. Just..Tell her you're there. Don't be incredibley serious, just do it randomly. Say it enough times, and she'll probably take you seriously. And yeah, she might be forcing the smile. I do it everyday. It's because we don't want to dissapoint people. She probably did something that she's ashamed of. Give her some time. She'll think it over then talk to you when she's ready.

Any more questions, Drop me a PM.

Ze Madder Hatter

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:32 pm
Thank you! ^_^'

tahnks for all of your replies...  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items