Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Little sister has a crush on my friend. ((Edited))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bunnybill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:02 am
My younger sister who is 12 has a crush on my friend who is 15. I'm not sure why I have such a big problem with this, I guess it is because he is my friend and she is my sister, and the age difference... even though it is only 3 years... Well, lately, she has been saying she is going for a "walk" and then meeting up with him somewhere and by doing this she is going behind my parents backs after they told her ages ago, before she got the crush, not to talk to him, in fear of this happening... I'm scared he is going to hurt her, because one, he is a manwhore, two, he is suicidal... three, he is a bad influence on her. I was wondering is you guys have any advice on what I may be able to do here, to show her he is not who she thinks he is...

Sorry, if it is confusing.... and NO I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!

Edit: Well, it's too late to do anything now, he hurt her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:48 am
Have you tried telling her the reasons why you don't want her talking? She could think that you're just tring to stop her from having a bf beacuse you want to be mean. If you explain to her I'm sure she'd listen.  

RaZoeLynn

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:22 am
Have you talked to your friend? mabey he could stop talking to her. Try to tell her why she cant date him, but be nice about it. I would tell your parents, they many help.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:15 am
bunnybill
My younger sister who is 12 has a crush on my friend who is 15. I'm not sure why I have such a big problem with this, I guess it is because he is my friend and she is my sister, and the age difference... even though it is only 3 years... Well, lately, she has been saying she is going for a "walk" and then meeting up with him somewhere and by doing this she is going behind my parents backs after they told her ages ago, before she got the crush, not to talk to him, in fear of this happening... I'm scared he is going to hurt her, because one, he is a manwhore, two, he is suicidal... three, he is a bad influence on her. I was wondering is you guys have any advice on what I may be able to do here, to show her he is not who she thinks he is...

Sorry, if it is confusing.... and NO I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!

to simply end this beat this s**t out of your sister and then beat the s**t out of your friend and then not be friends with him since hes going behind your back with your sister and sure ya don't have a crush on him that your mind wants to admit  

navybluewolf2

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:31 pm
I see... What you need to do is sit her down and just explain why she shouldn't see him... and if she doesn't listen, She'll probrably eventually realize when she's out meeting with him that you were right and probrably stop.

Btw...I see no problem with the age difference though... One cannot help when they were born... but I do see the problem in him being a bad influence.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:13 pm
When usually you keep secrets away from your sister... it will show eventually but not at the right time you want them. I guess you can explain to her what kind of guy he is.  

Beyond_Imortality

Sotur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:01 am
though the age difference isn't that big a problem, what IS a BIG problem is him being a bad influence on her. You need to sit down and have a talk with both of them- Her because she needs to know what he's like, and him because he needs to understand he's in deep s**t if he hurts your sister in some way. If he IS a good friend of yours, he'll know to back down when you nicely tell him how you feel about this. I'm saying so because I had a friend who was a manwhore [he's still my friend, not so much of a manwhore anymore ^_^] and he knew when to cool things when it came to such matters. Though he never liked my sister, and so the situation is different, I think the basic principle still applies. Manwhore or not, if he's really a good friend of yours and he values that, he should know to step down. 3nodding  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games