Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alchemy?
  :)
  :(
View Results

nacho 777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 am
............... nothing ever happens without something else happenig in the opposite meaning. an equal passing of an action regarding another......

a.k.a. : equal exchange! xd when u give something up 4 something else!

wut r YOU'RE theorys???  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 pm
did you watch fullmetal alchemist?? blaugh blaugh blaugh

Equivilent exchange aplies only to some aspects of life where others can remain untouched.  

LORDSILVERWOLF

laura-jeanne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:11 pm
actually, aside from the basic elements, i do not know much about alchemy!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:58 pm
The only thing I know about Alchemy is whatever I learned from Full Metal Alchemist. That isn't much.

Amelia Antipatica

[ Mod ] James

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:04 am
Alchemy in full Metal really has nothing to do with alchemy in real life. if you want to know what actually about look it up or find a book because transmuting lamps into spears really is the stupidest thing ever. And i do stil love Full Metal even though its unrealistic, if it was realistic it would suck >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:30 am
I know basic alchemic runes and some circles but other than that...not much. My specialty runs in Necromancy (even though I do not practice) and Wicca  

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Sotur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:58 pm
i don't really know much about alchemy. in fact, what i know is, like many others i'd bet, what i know from full metal. i do believe the equivalent exchange SHOULD b completely real, as in, it should be followed. many times, however, it is not. but in some aspects of life it IS followed  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:33 am
the most i know is elemental commandation and ruling but that differs into alchemy. and if you wondering i lifted a rock with my mind only like an inch but still somethin i think  

kamnaro

Vajrabhairava

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 pm
Actual alchemy does not have anything at all to do with the stuff in full metal alchemist, you silly people.

Yo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy , http://levity.com/alchemy/  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 am
I remember learning about alchemy in Computer Apps. class. (Our teacher classed it Technology.) They were a bunch of old guys who melted different elements together and tried to make different things. Thier goal was to make gold out of lead I guess...I dunno, but Fullmetal Alchemist is entirely fiction.  

Hotaru Hunter

IKurando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:13 pm
Equal Exchange relates to other areas of Science. as for the second post, I say, give me one example of there not being an equal and opposite reaction to anything. I would love to see an example that does not have an effect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:04 am
Actually there is almost never an equal and opposite reaction outside of physics. When a person dies there is not an equivalent burst of life. If you light something on fire and burn it to the ground something else isn't constructed.

The theory of reaction is the most commonly misunderstood aspect of basic physics. The third law of motion states that "If a force acts on a body, then an equal and opposite force must act upon another body." Example being that in gravity when object A attracts object B then object B simultaneously attracts object A with equal intensity.

Also note that the core of the reaction force MUST be identical to that of the action itself for it to be considered to be applicable by this rule. If the action is due to gravity, the reaction must also be due to gravity. Scientifically, any example that is built from a claim that an action of one energy results in a reaction of a different form of energy (gravitational, electromagnetic, friction, spring, or whatever) is not applicable.

That being said, give me one example of "Equal Exchange" (which is notably different from equal and opposing force since "Equal Exchange" is built from the idea of converting matter and energy from one for into another.)  

Grypesagon

Kawaiinu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:49 pm
In the term of the FMA world, or in terms of a chemical reaction? No matter what, in a chemical reaction there will be an equal balance in the chamical created, yet in real life, your efforts may or may not be rewarded. Sucks, but it's true. (That, and it's rather fun to crush a few dreams in one sentence. whee heart )
For example, when you burn something down, something is in fact created. There are gases, and solid ashes created, and perhaps some liquids if there has something ,altable like metal or plastic in there. If you were to burn a fire in a sealed bubble (and it managed to keep going on all the oxygen in the bubble) Every last thing that was in the fire when it started would still be there, but in different chemical structures. For more info, study up on the "Law of Conservation of Mass" and the "Law of Definite Proportions". Ain't science great?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 am
Vermillioncurse
Alchemy in full Metal really has nothing to do with alchemy in real life. if you want to know what actually about look it up or find a book because transmuting lamps into spears really is the stupidest thing ever. And i do stil love Full Metal even though its unrealistic, if it was realistic it would suck >.>

actually some of the ideas in fullmetal are extremely reailsictic for example a coroupt government and diciminating the isbalins (muslims) even though it was written before 9/11 I think it has some very good points to make  

rockrgirl01

nacho 777

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:35 pm
you guys are tying FMA into this waaaay too much. in there, it makes no sense....i like to consider it a modernkind of alchemy.
when i say equivelent exchange, i mean, for example, the burning of a log would give you heat. or when someone dies, someone else is born.....that type of thing mrgreen .  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff