Submit

After life?
  Yes.
  No.
  Sorta. Let me explain.
View Results

Killer Zeit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:25 pm
Alright. I always read things in this forum, and you're all very smart and interesting individuals. 3nodding

So I thought this would be a good place to talk with people, where we all actually think DEEPLY. x3

Anyway. Here's my question. When you "die," what happens?
What I mean by this is, when you die, when your heart stops beating, and have lost all contact with other life, where and what are you?

Are you in a state where you don't exist at all? Are you just in a world of... black? If you're genuinely a good person, do you get sent wherever you want? If you're genuinely bad, do you go to a bad place? (Not necessarily 'hell.') Or, in beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church, the ever popular purgatory?

Basically, what I'm asking, is there "life" after life? Are you living in the state you died in? Are you living when you were at your highest peak in life, so you can live the "after-life" in happiness?

Also, what happens if you are not religious? ( Like myself. xd )

Sorry, this was kinda a lot. And I know no one can truly answer... But I'm looking forward to discussing with you. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm
To me, there is no "after" to life. You are forever a living, spiritual being. Heaven and hell are what you make of life. As you may have seen, some people are in hell, others are in heaven, it is all taking place here and now, and you decide which way it goes. So, I am saying this in the viewpoint of living, dropping your body (dying that is) getting another body, living and you keep going, with every opportunity to wake up and be happy and free yourself!  

-K Happy

Azuruu

Cosmic Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:17 pm
I've always wondered what shall happen after you die. Where time immediately stops, when you can't breathe any longer. Where life takes you by the throat and throws you away into a world of emptyness. I'm a Buddhist, but neccesarily, I don't really know what we actually talk about (Since they say the chanting in Lao and sadly, I don't speak it so I don't understand it X.x;; ).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:21 pm
Happy-Kindness
To me, there is no "after" to life. You are forever a living, spiritual being. Heaven and hell are what you make of life. As you may have seen, some people are in hell, others are in heaven, it is all taking place here and now, and you decide which way it goes. So, I am saying this in the viewpoint of living, dropping your body (dying that is) getting another body, living and you keep going, with every opportunity to wake up and be happy and free yourself!

Yeah. I thought about that. So, being reincarnated (sort of) as someone else and not knowing it? So you can experience life by all different angles?  

Killer Zeit

dying dreams poet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:45 am
There is No lfe after death, When your dead, your dead, no ghosts, nothing like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:59 am
Im a Geek :B

[S] L I K

Just Plain Twisted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:27 pm
i can honestly tell u that i have no clue. y? cos i havent died yet. duh. just in case u didnt know. i do think that there is a life after death. i think death is what you make it. i mean isnt death the same thing as when before u were born????? its makes sense right? so y be scared of death when really its just like it always was before u were born? y even think about it? there is death. we all know that. and is there really n e where to go after that? does it really matter? we were given life to live it ti the fulest and then we die. and thats that  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 pm
Well, considering noone who's died is able to tell anyone...  

StrawberryDaifuku

BabyKatZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:56 pm
Unfortuantly, this is not a question that any of us can answer... I hope oO".
It's a question that's been troubling, and frightening even human kind since the begining of time. Religions have different ideas weather it be after-life or reincarnation, whom all circle around the same basic idea.

Good = cool Bad = evil

My opinion?
I believe in why think about it too much? It's the unknown future, why fear it, why seek it? What ever comes, comes, it's inevitable isn't it? I'm here, right now, might as well make the best of it.

By the way, the ideas religion has for the afterlife are originally to set good morals, and fear to a certain extent, especially in religions like christianity. Their words aren't really the words of God, they're just words of smart people who wanted to influence others to make good decisions, but were altered throughout the years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:58 pm
I truly beleive that there is somewhere we go after we die. I have seen spirits of people who I never met, and I spoke with them, with other people in the room, in sound body and mind. I dont know what happens to you after you arent in your physical body anylonger, but I do know that you dont just stop.  

enmas13

[.Ramen.]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:48 am
When you're dead, you're dead. No conciousness = no problem.

That simple. :3

I don't believe in Heaven because it seems more like a "reward" system that religions invented to keep their followers under control.

Good = Heaven
Bad = Hell.

I've been told so many times to convert because if I don't, I'll go to hell.

Fear = Control.

Meanwhile, I don't believe in reincarnation, because the overall population has increased. No matter how you look at it, there are more cells, humans, animals, plants, etc, being created than there originally were.

And then there is the whole issue of defining when something is alive. Would a cell reincarnate or be sent to heaven/hell?

When you die, you don't exist.

Well, in theory, it depends on what your definition of existance is.

If that definition means a "soul," I believe you never existed. Personally, I can't really believe that a human or any animal has any more soul than a machine does.

I think that when you die, your personality, thoughts, habits, life, etc, disappear. Once the synapses stop firing, your brain shuts down like a computer on hibernate.

Once the electricity leaves the circuit, its just a wire, after all.

Does that make sense?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 am
i think the whole concept really ends up depending on ur religious belief. even those who follow no religion have a thought of their own. personally, i think there is some type of life after death. depending on how u were thru life is what'll happen to u. be it sent to a sort of heaven or a sort of hell. i believe that we all have souls, and that's what carries on after death. perhaps the purgatory exists, perhaps not. i was raised to believe it does. i was raised as a catholic, but i have, bcs of some rough experiences, lost some beliefs and "routines" [like going to church evry sunday]. the point of this is, i believe there is a higher being watching us, and the different religions give it different names. point being, he who watches over us watches over our souls, and based on that is what happens to us after we die.  

Sotur

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 pm
In my faith, when one dies, thier true soul (immortal spirit) and thier heart-soul (The person they were in that life) are guided by Yinepu (Anubis) down the halls of the Two Truths, where they must confess thier good and evil deeds. Then before Osiris the heart-soul is weighed agianst the feather of Ma'at, the symbol of universal truth and order. Should the heart be as light as the feather, the heart-soul and true soul become one and enter into heaven, the fields of Ra. Should the heart-soul be heavier, it will be devoured by Ammit and the true soul will be sent back to the world to be reincarnated according to thier crimes, either as a human in order to work on thier shortcommings, or as something else according to thier crimes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:40 pm
I belive that when you die (depending on how you lived your life, the way you died, and your religous beliefs) you do indee have an after life.

Where you "go" or "end up" depends on how you lived your life, the way you died, and your religous beliefs.

--Sinners? Hell. Unless you asked God for forgiveness.
--Saints? Heaven. And sinners who've asked God for forgiveness.
---Suicide? Hell. Taking life away form someone is a sin, even if it's your own. If you kill yourself, you have no time to ask God to forgive that sin, and shall suffer the conciqunce.

--What about ghosts?
---I do believe in ghosts. Spirts stuck between life and true death. I don't know why or how they got that way, but I do believe these beings exsist.

Yeah. I'm christian. If I have offended anyone, sorry. Just ignore this. You believe what you want to, I'll believe in what I want to.  

DionysusHimself

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

has_been_deleted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:17 pm
ShadowTeerah14

---Suicide? Hell. Taking life away form someone is a sin, even if it's your own. If you kill yourself, you have no time to ask God to forgive that sin, and shall suffer the conciqunce.
now i have to ask... and forgive me if you consider me stupid, but do you not believe in "once saved, eternally saved"? or is what you believe like "sin once and lose salvation...again"?

i've always been tought that once you confessed that you believed in Christ, then you were saved, forever. yes, you should ask forgiveness for your still-constant sinning, but even if you have sinned right before you died, you are still saved from the fires of hell. sweatdrop

just a thought!

(sorry about any spelling errors..))  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas