Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
But Does it Matter? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BabyKatZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:06 pm
Does it matter how the universe was created?
Does it matter what happens after death?
Does it matter what God or relligion you follow, when all logical religions follow the same basic ideas?

And this thought I put into your mind, does it matter if you're right when the answer is unknown?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:49 pm
considering how the answer is unknown, we can't exactly specify a "being right" or "being wrong". as for the 1st 3 questions, they all connect.depending on ur beliefs is what u'll b told on how universe was created, same with after death. the thing is that all religions want to be the one and only. so, even while they follow the same basic principles, there'll always be a fight between them all. i'd say it doesn't exactly matter which u belong to, as long as u can respect others that belong to different religions and have different beliefs and ways of thinking  

Sotur

has_been_deleted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:49 pm
my thinking...

we'll find out "who was right" if anyone, at the end. if there is one true religion, be it Christianity, Judiasm, or Islam, or none of the above, we'll find out when we die.

if one of these is true and the only way, then the followers of this relegion will be the only ones in paradise.

yes, there are flaws in my logic. I am human. I am a teenager. I do not, by any means, claim to know half of everything about what i have been taught to believe, and what i believe. i am still figuring these things out. But this is my logic. Take it or leave it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:17 pm
Smiley_Flarinet
my thinking...

we'll find out "who was right" if anyone, at the end. if there is one true religion, be it Christianity, Judiasm, or Islam, or none of the above, we'll find out when we die.

if one of these is true and the only way, then the followers of this relegion will be the only ones in paradise.

yes, there are flaws in my logic. I am human. I am a teenager. I do not, by any means, claim to know half of everything about what i have been taught to believe, and what i believe. i am still figuring these things out. But this is my logic. Take it or leave it.

Unless of course their is no life after death, then they all lose...

As for the questions this thread is centered around... Personally I believe... no... it does not matter. None of them truely matter, but it would be fun to know.  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 pm
For me, it doesn't matter how the universe, or ourselves were created. We exist. I have heard many stories on people who have been pronounces clinically dead and returned with visions of what they saw. All i can say for certain is all things depend on how we live life.
Does it matter what one believes? As long as what one believes does not view causing injury or harm or even death to others as being 'right', I do not think it does matter. I know this because during a guided meditation to meet with Asar (Osiris, my Lord), he told my friend Bill that he did not mind that he would remain a Christian for the rest of his life. All he cared about was that my friend live a good life and take care of his little cousin and make sure she grew up to be a good and kind woman, especially since her father isn't exactly role-model material.
I am certain there is life after death, but uncertain as to what awaits, weather it be judgement by Jesus or Anubis and Osiris, or becoming one with an intangible life force, whatever you may believe. All I can say with certainty of my own is the good will be rewarded and the evil will be punished, weather it be heaven and hell, reincarnation, what have you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:50 am
Anyway... who is to say that all of them are not correct.  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

Baulder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:35 pm
Ofcourse it doesn't matter! But man seeks answers not out reason of it mattering, but out of the need to know. Colombus didn't think it'd matter if he found out whether or not the world was round, he just needed to know.
To quench that thirsting curiousity in our hearts, that is all the incentive one needs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:12 pm
Baulder
Ofcourse it doesn't matter! But man seeks answers not out reason of it mattering, but out of the need to know. Colombus didn't think it'd matter if he found out whether or not the world was round, he just needed to know.
To quench that thirsting curiousity in our hearts, that is all the incentive one needs.

Totally correct. It doesn't matter how the universe was created, or what God you follow or what happens after death. Who cares? Take things as they go, respect other religions and they'll respect you, and live life. That's my theory.

And it's true; man seeks answers not out of reason of it mattering, but out of the need to know. It's what humans do. We were made with curiosity programmed into our personalities, and it would be against our nature to not need to know. We strive to discover and learn all we can, for that is what we do. Our curiosity can never truly be quenched, and so the questions shall never stop flowing.

But it doesn't really matter if we don't know all the reasons and ways of life, because we will still live no matter what.

Chime Elf

Baulder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm
Aaah... it feels so good to know that someone understands...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:22 pm
biggrin Of course I understand. It's great to see that our minds think alike. No one else seems to have the same mind-path as I do, so this is a refreshing change.

Besides...how could someone NOT understand our theory? It's all true; human's were made with curiosity as their unsatiable trait. We are what we are, and can never change that. So everything else doesn't matter.

Chime Elf

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:29 pm
It matters very much. These beliefs form who we are, what we stand for. Without them, we are empty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Sorry to break it to you, but I follow no religion. Therefore I do not believe in any God, I do not give a damn what happens after death, and I could care less how the universe was created, as all that matters is that I'm alive.

And I'm not empty.

So, thus proving you wrong very bluntly, these three questions do not matter whatsoever to life. Yes, they may impact your life, but they don't matter, the answers aren't a necessity to living.

Got that?

Chime Elf

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:16 am
Actually. I think what he was alluding to (though I may be giving him too much credit) is that the answers people choose to hold to are the important part. Your beleif in nothing is just as important and telling as my beleif in a combination of a lot of things.

A persons percieption, approach and chosen answer on this topic is very much assosciated with how they approach many other things. So while knowing which answer is correct is not important, knowing what answer you hold to is. And yes not caring about the correct answer is an answer.

And when he said you were empty... he obviously meant you hadn't eaten in a while and as such your tummy was rumbling giving that fact away. :cough: That's my story and I'm sticking to it. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:45 am
Chime Elf
Sorry to break it to you, but I follow no religion. Therefore I do not believe in any God, I do not give a damn what happens after death, and I could care less how the universe was created, as all that matters is that I'm alive.

And I'm not empty.

So, thus proving you wrong very bluntly, these three questions do not matter whatsoever to life. Yes, they may impact your life, but they don't matter, the answers aren't a necessity to living.

Got that?

i don't think it was necesary to point out ur opiion like that. he believes one way, and u another [even if u 'believe in nothing', meaning u don't believe]. trying to "impose" ur opinion on another person, i'd say, is wrong. that's what i think  

Sotur

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:47 am
Sotur
Chime Elf

And I'm not empty.

Got that?

i don't think it was necesary to point out ur opiion like that. he believes one way, and u another [even if u 'believe in nothing', meaning u don't believe]. trying to "impose" ur opinion on another person, i'd say, is wrong. that's what i think

Gah. lol. Way to ruin my subtle approach towards diffusion. biggrin  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces