Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free Gold!
  Gimmie Monies!
View Results

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:48 am
Many people have different views on what magic (or magick or heka) truly is. In many respects, most things we do everyday is actually magic. Praying is especially true since you are calling to whomever you are praying to for intervention, asking for something to occur or asking for something to be blessed. In creating things like art and music brings about magic as the product can stir emotions in the hearts of people who look upon the art or listen to the music. Special bonds one shares with others, weather other people or with animals are magic, and this is especially true because when something happens to one person, the other that they have a bond with will have that sixth sense that something is wrong. But what are your views on magic?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 pm
some would say that magic is a term used to describe anything that is un-explainable...

others say that it is a sort of power of the mind, an ability to do things others can't.

still others say magic doesnt exist

and there are a few who say that magic represents things that we shouldnt be able to do, as humans, and that as such it is evil.

as for me, i don't really know.  

has_been_deleted

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:59 pm
Ever seen Aquamarine?

Quote:
"Because love is the closest thing we have to magic."

This is my thought exactly. A special bond between two individuals is so close to magic, it's so special. Even a bond with family and friends is magic, as that, too, derives from love.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 am
Everyone has a different view of what magic is. Magic is what someone chooses it to be.  

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

InsaneOtaku2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:49 am
Whatever brought us into existence is surely magic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:58 pm
hmmmm....magic, if you ask me, is what you make it. one can see it as a coincidence, as something unexplainable happening, so many different things. the one I've heard a lot; magic is a sign you read that gives you your answer.  

IKurando

Baulder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:29 pm
Hmm, this type topic often goes through my head, but any answers I may have, have aready been said.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:57 pm
I believe that magic exists but not in everyone/thing. Magic exists in you when you believe it.  

Duchessa

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

kamnaro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:37 am
magic is real but shunned by everyone that think's god has the only magic which is about everyone in the world but if you believe it'll happen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:18 pm
In my point of view, magic is a word people use when they witness something that they can't explain or do. For example: a magician makes someone disappear, then the audience believe it's magic because they can't explain what exactly happened to that person.  

zenyk

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:24 pm
meamaaslimjim
In my point of view, magic is a word people use when they witness something that they can't explain or do. For example: a magician makes someone disappear, then the audience believe it's magic because they can't explain what exactly happened to that person.

I like this! You're right; juts because we don't understand something, we say it is magic. But I think that things people can't explain are just circumstances that push the imagination and defy a human's logic. Magic is far more...special, unique.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that magic has nothing to do with religion...the two are separate things entirely. I just wanted to make that clear for those who may have confused the two, thinking that God is all that is magic...yadda, yadda, yadda...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:24 pm
Define magic.

If you were to bring a person from a thousand years ago to the world of today, they would think we were all powerful sorcerers. We can make food cold by putting it in a big white box, or hot by putting it into a smaller box.
We have people trapped inside boxes who play out there lives for us on tv. We have other boxes which enable us to talk to people on the other side of the world.
We call it all science but to someone outside our time they would think it was magic (just as those in medieval times thought much that had been built by the Romans had arrived their my some magical means.

In the same way I think many of the great minds of the world have been lost because people thoguth they were witches or sorceres in league with the devil.

I agree with meamaaslimjim. Magic is simply a word people use to describe something they witness that they can not explain.

Maybe some of the things that people would call magic today can actually happen, but if they can there has to be a logical explanation behind it. We just haven't found it yet.  

Dewdew

Jatropheus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:06 am
meamaaslimjim

That's an excellent point and well said.

I refuse to refer to what I research as "magic(k)" because of the connotations commonly connected. I do not ask any Deity for anything, nor bother with spells or candles or special ceremonious stuff, I manipulate energies and "push" probabilities. My views on that are a very broad subject...

There are many different kinds of energy that get called "magic(k)", some as "mundane" as geo-magnetism and bio-electricity, some as fantastic as paranormal phenomenon and enormous Entities (powerful enough to warrant capitalization, even), almost all immeasurable with today's technologies (at least as far as we the public are aware). Once identified, each in turn is demoted to mere "science".

domokun cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:33 pm
every thing is made of things even smaller than atoms .........so.......thus this so called magic.....is just mind bending atoms at its own will.......just confusion.......  

RONIN_13X

Sker

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:45 pm
I see it as a card game. >.>  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items