Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Sprain or not? (semi-long) [pretty much resolved]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GemEncrustedEarth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:19 pm
This is weird and not quite a life issue but....

Last semester, I smacked my left ankle with my right foot and it hurt for a bit but that went away about mid-November. Well, Christmas Break comes and goes and it's now January 15. I'm getting ready to head back up to school and I notice that my left ankle's hurting. I figured that it was the shoes I wore that day (boots with a slight heel) so I avoid those shoes for a couple days. My ankle is still hurting so I wrap the ankle. That stops the pain until later that night when I unwrap my ankle and then it's back full force.

This past Friday (Groundhog's Day), I went to the health center on campus. I tell them where it's been hurting and they tell me to wrap it. They don't really tell me how to get rid of the pain completely. They also don't tell me if I sprained my ankle or if it's tendonitis.

The pain has been in the front of the ankle or on the outside of the ankle. Some days it just hurts to walk on it while on others, it hurts just sitting in a chair. So, am I correct in thinking that I sprained my ankle?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:06 pm
I dunno.
You were right to seek medical attention, but maybe you should go see a pediatrist. (sp?) They know about feet/ ankles.  

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Pup_tastic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Melina_Grimm
I dunno.
You were right to seek medical attention, but maybe you should go see a pediatrist. (sp?) They know about feet/ ankles.

ditto  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:31 pm
Melina_Grimm
I dunno.

slight problem here.
1) poor college student
2) there isn't one in town (my friend and i wandered the length of it one day)  

GemEncrustedEarth

Sotur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:12 pm
well, then fo back to the health center and fully detailed explain what's going on. tell them u wrapped it and then when u unwrap it it hurts again. be very detailed. i dunno about sprained ankles, but i DO know it's not normal for it to hurt for that long. i hurt my ankle once, but the pain was gone within 2 weeks.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:08 pm
Sotur
well, then fo back to the health center and fully detailed explain what's going on. tell them u wrapped it and then when u unwrap it it hurts again. be very detailed. i dunno about sprained ankles, but i DO know it's not normal for it to hurt for that long. i hurt my ankle once, but the pain was gone within 2 weeks.

i did and they didn't give me a straight answer. thank you though  

GemEncrustedEarth

Arkhangelsk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 pm
I understand what is going on (kinda). I have the same problem. Two months ago I sprained my ankle and then the pain went away, so i went on with life as normal, which means i walked alot and didn't wrap it or any thing in that time. Now it hurts five times as bad as when I sprained it. JOY, basically.

Anyways did you walk on it alot after 'spraining it' ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:34 pm
Arkhangelsk
I understand what is going on (kinda). I have the same problem. Two months ago I sprained my ankle and then the pain went away, so i went on with life as normal, which means i walked alot and didn't wrap it or any thing in that time. Now it hurts five times as bad as when I sprained it. JOY, basically.

Anyways did you walk on it alot after 'spraining it' ?

a fair amount. but then again, i am a college student so i have to walk to all my classes  

GemEncrustedEarth

GemEncrustedEarth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm
So I went back for a checkup and they sent me to the hospital to get it X-rayed. The results won't come back until Monday or Tuesday....hopefully I'll have more info then...thanks to you all!

Edit: So it's not sprained. I did something to the ligaments or tendons so I'm told to stay off of it and quit self defense. I can go but I can't participate. Thanks again all!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games