Submit

Well?
  You're being a possessive jealous b***h
  Try explaining it to them more
  Too long
View Results

bunnybill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 am
One of my friends used to absolutely hate my younger sister. Recently, they have become like best buddies or something. They are really close, and tell each other everything, things I never knew about my friend. My younger sister is always telling me I should invite her over, ask her to sleep over, and all that sort of crap just so she can see her. It is driving me insane.

I've told my friend this but she wont listen. She asked why does it bother me so much, and I just felt like it was a stupid question, and when then she made her suggestions of what it could have been. This is what she said :

*sigh* Maybe you feel threatened by my friendship with your little sis. Maybe you think that I'm YOUR friend, not hers, and so she shouldn't hang around me so much. Maybe you're being a teensy bit possesive.

I found this really hypocritical, considering every time I'm at her house and her little brother tries to say something to me, she just says "No, she's my friend not yours, so don't talk to her, just leave us alone."

Any suggestions on what else I can try apart from talking to them or am I just being a jealous possessive b***h?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:40 am
Ouch, well I know how you feel. You're probaly concerned for your little sis. I mean it does seem a little odd to me that they hate each other then all of a sudden be buddy buddy. I mean really, there has to be at lteast some thing that they'll still have against each other. To further prove my point there was this one girl (girl no. 1) from school who used to hate me with a passion for no aparent reason. Well eventually she stoped hating me and se and I were starting to become friends. Well after a while her friend (girl no. 2) began hating me and teasing me for one thing or anouther. Now girl no. 1 decided to join in on the fun. I also almost punched girl no. 2 because she got so obnoxious. So the point is, if you can find a way to get the truth out of either your sister or your firned things should be revolved and backt o normal. You might just feel bad about it later. The other option would be pointing out to your friend the fat that she's also a little possesive over her brother and you'd really like it if they stoped being so buddy buddy since it's starting to bother you.  

luckylee218

2,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sotur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:57 am
i think one of the main differences here is that she has a lil BROTHER, while u have a lil SISTER. the relation might not be the same, as is, of course, gir-boy relations are different to girl-girl relation. besides, how do u know what she has told ur sis that u never knew? furthermore, perhaps she does that bcs ur sis is younger and so for some reason she feels more comfortable bcs ur sis wouldn't understand? lastly, u r NOT being possessive...not that much, anyway. but u could, calmly tell her how she seems possessive of u in comparison with her bro. she can't exactly ask u not to do somethin that she herself is doing. just bring it to her attention, BUT NOT ACCUSINGLY!! that would, without a doubt, bring trouble  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:19 am
Hmm... that is odd she just started a friendship with your sis when she disliked her so much before. Well while I kinda agree with your friend and your sister a bit though I think it's ok for you to feel that way. But if you really don't like them hanging out so much then you might want to try a different stratagy. You making a big deal out of it probably makes them want to hang out together even more. And it also gives them just another thing in common. What you might want to try is taking a step back and looking at why you might really dislike them hanging together so much? Let them know how you feel but don't make it a huge thing.Then they may included you in future when they hang out. This will give you a chance can see if they really have a friendship or it's just something superfical. If you do they may just stop hanging out with each other all on their own, but pushing them might just make the situation worse. But it's good that your worried about your little sister. It's really not easy being a big sister sometimes. Speaking from personal experience. Sometimes the best thing to do is just to keep your eyes and ears open and see what happens then make deciesions about what to do. Well good luck. hope it works out for you.  

Lina-wings

Blazing Wildcat

10,550 Points
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:13 am
I can see where you're coming from. She is your friend, but she is leaving you out of things for your sister- you need to tell her what she's doing and it bothers you. Even if she doesn't want to hear it- She needs to realize what she's doing. Maybe invite her over when your younger sister is busy with one of her friends?  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games