Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Date my Best Friend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If he asks, what should I do?
  Go for it! He sounds like a sweetheart.
  Well that depends, your in the gray area there.
  No! That is just going to mess up your relationship.
  Try it, just keep in mind that things arent going to be the same
  He likes 2 girls at the same time! How do you trust him?!
  Just go on intuition, see what happens...
View Results

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:33 pm
yea I found myself in a pretty sticky situation here....I kinda fell for my best friend, I have NEVER liked a guy before and here I am, constering my best friend...lets call him Garett

Long story short, Garett and I are really close and have been good friends for about 2 years and about 8 months ago he became one of my best friends, and around that time he found out that another of my best friends, Ali, mutually liked each other, but Ali is natorious for her crushs that dont last, although Garett once he starts to like someone it dosent just go away, and it takes him awhle to develop a crush, and so about 2 weeks ago the though of 'oh my god I think I like him' jolted across my brain....first instict was 'crap!' (oh by the way he is very perceptive) and he noticed a difference in my actions, cause I guess subconsiously I was acting more uncomfortable around him, and while I was walking him home from the school cause he wasnt feeling well before the drama show. and about 3/4 way there he stoped me and got out of me that I might like him, thing is the though had apparently occured to him too...and so we were both like 'crap!' cause he still has feelings for my friend Ali, he was waitng to see if he could work it out, (she didnt want to hurt his feelings and so she never set it up as a solid "no this isnt going to happen") and we are really really close, all of our friends at one point or another though we were dating. we both dont want to loose what we have, but it is kinda late for that (dont ya think? at least it wont ever be exactly the same)... thing is we have agreed that we are gonna see what happens for a month, if by that time he has no more feelings for Ali then he is going to ask me out, from there it is up to me....only thing is I have never even LIKED anyone before, let alone constitered dating, and he knows that, he has been helping me and we have been talking. (oh by the way he is rediculously easy to talk to...you know the kind of people that you can say anything to and it just comes out...no effort involved...yea really that is how he is) and he is always there to bail me out when I'm in trouble, or could just use a hand, even if he really would rather not, and that is comforting, but i'm still floundering, I'm lost and in unframiliar surroundsings...I could use some advice...info, anything please.... what do you think?

(sorry that wasnt all that short but this is me getting this off my chest, I havent told this to anyone but him yet...he is the only one that knows I like him...kinda ironic) thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 pm
i say
go out with him
but before you do
make a promise with him that
if you guys are to break up,
you guys will still be friends.
otherwise, your relationship may come to an end.
for good.

:I  

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm
We have agreed that we will still be friends with each other no matter how this whole thing pans out, but a promise wont fix wounds that happen along the way, it wont garentee anything, you cant promise not to be uncomfortable, and at this moment he is the one I go to for comfort and advice about anything, and I dont want any hazzy clouds around that trust  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:28 am
Its usualy a really really bad idea to date your best friend. I did and even though he promised we would still be friends he got cocky and arrogant and angry towards me and thus our friendship ended...its all in my profile about what happened. But yeah...it could possibly ruin everything or if you feel confident enough that you'll remain friends then go for it.  

SniperWolf16

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 am
I know... that is what I'm afraid of, you can promise to stay friends but that means nothing if it becomes awkward, and that is what I'm afraid of, I know he wont get cocky and arrogant but it would be like him to become shy and withdrawn, and avoid me...and that is what I'm nost tentative about....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:44 am
he seems like a really good guy, i don't see why it shouldn't work out. after all, u've been good friends for all that time. plus, IF it didn't work out, say bcs u both found it too awkward or something, nothing says u can't keep being friends.  

Sotur

SniperWolf16

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:55 pm
I wish it could of worked out between me and my best friend..I had a huge fight with him last night and we'll never talk again. Let's just hope that it doesn't turn out that way for you  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:24 pm
SniperWolf16: I hope so too, thanks and feel better k...

Sotur: Thanks, and i hope so, if it does or if it doesnt 3nodding  

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

SniperWolf16

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:19 pm
Lunar-moonshine
SniperWolf16: I hope so too, thanks and feel better k...

Sotur: Thanks, and i hope so, if it does or if it doesnt 3nodding

No problem..I mean I couldn't save myself but maybe I can help someone else...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 am
I really think that if you two do like eachother, and as you said before, agreed to stay friends if you were to break up- GO FOR IT. You really don't have anything to lose by at least trying.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:26 pm
Thanks for the moral boost, the original agreement was a month, but the awkward inbetweenness has been hard and he let me know yesterday that he liked me, and he didnt care what the outcome of it all way just that he didnt lose me, he didnt care if we ended up girlfriend/boyfriend, or just brother/sisterish like we have been...now it is my choice...and I think it's time to bite the bullet and talk to by best friend....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:33 pm
I say go out with him. He seems so sweet and you'd guys would be pretty close. If you guys do break up, try to stay friends =^.^=  

Cynderfox

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff