Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Really, Being Alone isn't that bad..is it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 am
I was talking to a friend, and now she's pissed off at me...

Bonekeeper E
I did have a girlfriend, but we broke up due to distance issues

This isn't flaming, but what's so bad about being to oneself anyway, I mean it's a bit easier knowing that you are the one that can make your own decisions. It's easier because you don't have the fear of being brought down or bringing down other people. It's a lot cheaper! I mean really who wants to break their back to HALFWAY support that special someone.

I'm not saying go single and be promiscuous, but relationships isn't something to rush or try to keep. It's not bad to keep them as a friend, because people change as quickly as the days do. I mean what if you date them and they turn out to be a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON! Wouldn't it be a big kick in the a** to know that you were wrong and now you're living with that person.

From a single persons point of view, a relationship and love isn't really that important, because it's a question of whether you want to live in a box with someone that you "love" or would you rahter live in a house by yourself?

I know, I'm kicking a dead horse but in the end, all you got is you...

Okay, After being a hopeless romantic for like 8 years now,I stopped believing in love and crap like that. I'm not a big fan of getting a relationship because I think long term and I got it imprinted in my head that girls just don't like guys like me. The thing is I was talking to my friend and she asked me what was my deal about Valentines Day and I told her I just don't believe in it too much. She then goes on and ask me if I had a girlfriend. I mean I'm NOT a big fan of relationship, love or intersexual interaction, because in the end, that's for the people that looks good and has a future with that person (example being high school graduates etc), but for me, I'm slowly trying to get a life of my own to share because unlike most people who are perfect enough to get married, I actually don't have too much of a life to share at the moment. She's like really mad about it though and I tried to make it as subtle as possible but...some girls  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:34 am
I dont think its too terribly bad being on yourself, but you dont want to live by yourself forever do you?

theres a few personal blanks missing, but i take it you havent had sex yet, and until you do, you really cant say your not all up for it. How old are you is another blank. If your a young kid, you have nothing to even worry about, if your not though, then maybe its your own personal interest to stay single till you meet that special someone that rocks your socks off. Just dont ******** them over is all i can say, but i doubt you will.  

HiddenWolfNinja

Bonekeeper E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:15 pm
HiddenWolfNinja
I dont think its too terribly bad being on yourself, but you dont want to live by yourself forever do you?

theres a few personal blanks missing, but i take it you havent had sex yet, and until you do, you really cant say your not all up for it. How old are you is another blank. If your a young kid, you have nothing to even worry about, if your not though, then maybe its your own personal interest to stay single till you meet that special someone that rocks your socks off. Just dont ******** them over is all i can say, but i doubt you will.

I'm 18 and not a virgin, but I lost it last year in November...

Where I come from that means that you're like a MAJOR square because over here underaged sex is a REALLY BIG deal. When it was a big deal, I wasn't too worried because I was too busy being shot down by every girl I knew, or try to know.

I dont' mind being by myself because of the fact that I guess I don't like the idea of being with anyone because I rarely get along with most people anyway. Having sex at 18 years old didn't help much either because it depressed the hell out of me knowing that I had to be 18 to get what people at like 12 and 13 have probably already gotten and more. So yeah...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 pm
Don't feel that way about yourself. These days it's horrible that kids 12...13 are losing what they shouldn't be losing at such an age.....Sex may be a big part of lots of things, but you know you don't have to follow the trend if you don't want...i really don't know how hard it is to not follow a trend, because i guess i'm in my own little world that no one can easily convince me to do just base on how big of a thing it is...

And...no i don't think it's terrible being by yourself...I, myself, am alone and i'm doing great...of course I get lonely sometimes...but it's life...everyone's gotta alone at a point in their life right? It's not bad....but it's bad to think like that though....think more positively...^_^ and find some things that you would like to enjoy more...just explore...maybe you'll find some things that you may want to share with someone someday....  

CrimsonxXxSolace

GemEncrustedEarth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:41 pm
there's nothing wrong with being single. and yes, girls are hard to understand sometimes (coming from a female). we're (normally) wired into the more emotional part of the brain. heck, i'm single and so are most of my friends. love comes at different times for everyone. *hugs  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:39 pm
you know it's great to be happy with being single. it really isn't that bad, and you're never gonna find love if you're just desperate not to be alone. love is one of those things i guess u really can't go looking for, it just sort of creeps up on u, right?

until then, single empowerment!!!!  

le-half-blood-princess

Aegean_Kassan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:14 pm
I hae been single and celibate for a long time. Yes, I miss the supposed intimacy (yes, my spelling is awful), but I was raised to be subserviant to men (deep south here) and was told I wasn't too bright anyway. None of that is true, of course, but I decided I needed to be independent before I got involved again. I could see that if I got involved without being able to support my family, I would just fall back into old habits. Making the decisions, trying to figure what I can aford for my family on one salary, getting repairs done on the house and car, all that is a pain and I am tired of it. But it is also ok. It is life. I don't want to be alone forever, but I also don't have to be anyone's bounce-back-doll just to make it in this world.
So it is ok to be alone, learning to like yourself is important. It is also ok (but scary) when you decide it is time to open your life to someone else.
And folks, guys can be just as emotional as us girls. They might not show it, but it happpens, and girls can be just as stoic.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:44 am
*sigh* I agree I have met a bunch of girls that have being just terrible with the guys and vice versa. I'm and have been single all my life, I don't plan on searching for it because to me "what comes, comes" and I don't think that I'm acctually that into romantic relationships and such... I may sound a bit dum but what I have seen having a boyfriend or girlfriend might be really frustrating and hurtfull (not always but there is a posibility). Therefore I rather just focus on my friends, family and studies and just wait until the time comes. But I don't see anything wrong with being single, by being single you have a bit more 'free time' to hang-out with your friends, worry about more important things, etc. Yeah I know I ramble too much u.u....  

xiaryth

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200

Henry_the_Chicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:07 am
A lot of people are touchy around Valentine's Day. That celebration is a fallout waiting to happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm
I don't mind being single, or alone. I have been both for my whole life just about. But, it is nice to have a good freind, because if you are alone, how are you going to find out who you really are? You will get lost in yourself which can lead to deperession. I admit, this has happend to me a few times. I am going to go into an after school sport to occupy my time, and maybe meet new freinds. If I find someone I like on the way, than that is a bonus!  

DarkJoker99

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Dominique Devlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:40 am
Being single sucks, because my biggest dream in the entire big world is to have someone to share everything with. I have a boyfriend now, which is totally cool. But yeah, I doubted I ever would because I'm a skinny-a** p***k with no life, hobbies, taste, whatever. But then things turned out just fine. I'm pretty sure that, the moment you gave up completely, you'll find someone. 3nodding
But then again, what you think of beign alone depends on whatkind of person you are. I bet you're not half as clingy as I am. :p

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games