Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My sis won't listen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sylba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:33 pm
My sister won't listen to me anymore. not really anyway. she filters out everything she doesn't want to hear. ever since she got a boyfriend it's like their connected at the hip. If i get her by herself, she too oblivious for me to be able to get her to understand ANYTHING. i'm tired of being the younger sibling but being her nursemaid. advice for getting her to listen?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:34 am
What exactly are you trying to tell her? That might be part of the problem... If you're telling her " he's bad news", it's one of those things people just don't want to hear. Especially if he's more than just a friend.

She'll start listening to you eventually. Just give it some time... She's not going to be going out with this boy forever if he's really bad news.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Dominique Devlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am
I've got a youner sister aswell, and I don't listen to her when she tells me all these details about a random event I couldn't care less about.
Denise
"Like. I saw two guys cycling, and one was wearing this red jacket and he was smiling at me and he had white teeth and he was so cute! So then I... "

"So I had a dream last night! I can remember everything! Like.. There was this path with brown and green stones going to a river and in tehre were like. Fish and tehy were red and orange and then I ..."

And because I sort of expect her to be lame and not interesting, I tend not to listen to her when she does have something to say. sweatdrop

I'm no saying you talk boring, I'm just saying that maybe you provided her with irrelevant information in the past and she expects you to do it again. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:14 am
well it's been confirmed by numerous people that i'n the mature one of the children. i just think she doesn't want her "reality" to be shattered  

Sylba

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff