Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
about time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:52 pm
what is time ? is just an intuicion ? or is a sense ? or maybe something else ?

am making a theory about this so i want to knwo what you think  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:19 pm
Time...time to me is just something that makes our lives go by faster, our years limited.  

shadow_demon_Kyo

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 pm
The concept of 'time' was first used as a means to predict certain events, such as when it was time to plant, harvest, when floodings occurred such as the Nile which flooded once a year, depositing fertile soil along the desert banks, and the rising and setting of the sun. Then as technology progressed, we began narrowing time down into smaller increments. The Egyptians created the 365-day calendar, which was then taken in custom by Julius Caesar and then transferred into our present-day calendar. Then we developed noontime between sunrise and sunset, then with clocks we created hours minutes and seconds. Time is something humans came up with in order to schedual our lives. But as far as the existence of time in concept outside our world, I think it does exist, but only as a continual flow, not measured by anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 pm
Time is another illusion created by us to exlain and define certain cycles. aS previosouly said, the egyptians used it to predict the flooding and receeding of the Nile so they could have succesful harvests. Most things  

Coll Ohmsford

Apocynthion

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:27 am
Technically one could say that time was the distortion from another (the 4th) dimension. I mean, we can't actually see time. We only see its effects on the objects here in 3D space. It's really just something that's "there".

And the word 'time', or the fact that we work on a base 60 system/365 day calander is really only because of the movement of Earth. So in reality you could in fact say that time is an "illusion". Although it obviously isnt, because it's there. It just fits in with us humans not really accepting that 'things we cannot see' exist physically.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:52 pm
(thx for the comments) but culd someone said that the peception of time its the "concience feeling"? i mean when our mind acts like a sense  

Nitro-kun

faerie_ophelia

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:36 pm
iSkye
Technically one could say that time was the distortion from another (the 4th) dimension. I mean, we can't actually see time. We only see its effects on the objects here in 3D space. It's really just something that's "there".

I was going to say "time is a way for us to measure movement", but this is actually an answer that my mother and I have discussed quite a few times in the past.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:04 pm
Time is relative, depends on what view are you looking at it.
For me time is simply an environment in which motion takes place. Through the universe and space thats the reality, at least in scientific terms. This environment can be changed though, depending in the conditions of the movement, specially the speed at which the object is moving. - The faster it goes, the slower it moves through the environment -

Sorry for being to scientific, but in the other hand time for common people is nothing more than a something in which things had, are and will happen.  

Arechii

jazzy says yarr

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:34 am

time is just an illusion.

something we made up to help us perseve things in an easily digestigle order.

if the time lables werent there, morning noon and night would still happen, and mix and blend into eachother because they arent really there.

its just things happening at different rates relitive to eachother.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:33 pm
but rates and periods are still time, so the main question is how/why/if can we feel time? is it just there like the air or is it a different thing, maybe something that we arent capable of understand, or when thing happen unexplicable(sp?) fast or slow is just our brain messing with us?  

Nitro-kun

BluePod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 pm
Time
The thing we use to say "this has happend in the past" or "I'm going to do this" or "this is going to happen."

Are sence of time is one of the things that makes humans a more advanced species, other animals live with in there time. Humans think about what will happen in the futre for my children.

Time is the 4th dimention. The line or thread along which our lives move. Time causes age and age is
Quote:
A disease with a 100% mortality rate
CSI

age causes us to change and in my opinion the three constants of life are: creation, change, and destruction  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:32 am
BluePod
Time
The thing we use to say "this has happend in the past" or "I'm going to do this" or "this is going to happen."

Are sence of time is one of the things that makes humans a more advanced species, other animals live with in there time. Humans think about what will happen in the futre for my children.

Time is the 4th dimention. The line or thread along which our lives move. Time causes age and age is
Quote:
A disease with a 100% mortality rate
CSI

age causes us to change and in my opinion the three constants of life are: creation, change, and destruction
i respect opinions but you now that the proved constant is change rite? i mean plp have say that things can be created but thats only a change from something or various things into one or more things, also destrucition is only a change, energy can be can't be destroyed and thats a fact ^^  

Nitro-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:15 pm
Nitro-kun
what is time ? is just an intuicion ? or is a sense ? or maybe something else ?

am making a theory about this so i want to knwo what you think

I thought long and hard about this some years ago.

time is a concept..an idea for measuring change. without change, there would be no life. change is manditory for life to exist or else nature would never get anywhere. everyday we're a little different than we were the day before.
at least, that's how I've come to view it. there are no real constants. everything that has a beginning has an end, even if it's moving so slowly that you cant see it (like evolution.. change that happens slowly on the genetic level).  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games