Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Another boy issue! hah Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cri-chi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:32 am
I've been really great friends with this guy for three years now, he's very nice and funny.
I would like to go out with him sometime, but i'm not sure what his reaction would be.
He may just want to stay friends, and if that's the case, it would be extremely embarassing asking him out, because i'm around him quite a bit.

Can anyone think of anyway for me to ask him out (face-to-face ofcourse) without it turning completely awkward if he thinks we should just be friends?
sweatdrop
Do guys like it when girls ask them out?

Hmm, I'm hoping to get some feedback from some guys on here aswell as some girls smile

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:42 am
I'd say just ask him to go to the movies with you, something not too romantic too soon, you know? And if it gets too awkward it can easily shift back to the just friends thing. I wish you luck.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Cri-chi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:15 pm
Ooh thankyou! Do you think that he'll think it's suspiscious though?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:17 pm
carry on, keep romancing

just be careful is what I have to say
probably a bit on the depressed side and not the advice you want, but it is seriously what I have to say
(you'd understand if you read my big long topic in here)

anyways...just kinda ask him, and don't worry so much

carry on, carry on dancing

Faerie Dreams

Lucky Star

Cri-chi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:10 am
Okay. I am a little bit of a worrier, but thats mainly because i've asked someone out before and they laughed and said no. At the time it was very embarassing.

Aww i'll go and read your topic now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:47 pm
As a guy, I'm going to say that I would rather have to girl come to me than to go to the girl myself.

If you're worried that things will be awkward between you two if you ask him out, don't be. I asked my friend out once, and she said no, and life moved on. No awkwardity after that, honestly!  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Cri-chi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:14 pm
Askeptykal
As a guy, I'm going to say that I would rather have to girl come to me than to go to the girl myself.

If you're worried that things will be awkward between you two if you ask him out, don't be. I asked my friend out once, and she said no, and life moved on. No awkwardity after that, honestly!

Really?
Okay. Thankyou! Hmmm, maybe next time i see him i can ask him out to the movies, thats a start.
BUt oh so very nerve racking.. Heh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:26 pm
i agree. u should simply ask him out to something not too romantic looking. something u know he'll like. a movie he's been wanting to see [since the movies was the suggestion made]. that might not raise any suspicions  

Sotur

Cri-chi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:36 pm
Update:
Ummm, asked him out to a movie. He said he'd seen it already but was wondering if this other girl is coming. I said no, but i could invite her if you want.
He says, "Oh no it's okay. But she's sooo gorgeous, i was talking to her at Music Under the Stars*."
*An outside concert our school orchestras and bands play at.

I think i'll leave it there. He dousn't like me. Obviously i'm not gorgeous enough.
I give up.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:53 pm
Cri-chi
Update:
Ummm, asked him out to a movie. He said he'd seen it already but was wondering if this other girl is coming. I said no, but i could invite her if you want.
He says, "Oh no it's okay. But she's sooo gorgeous, i was talking to her at Music Under the Stars*."
*An outside concert our school orchestras and bands play at.

I think i'll leave it there. He dousn't like me. Obviously i'm not gorgeous enough.
I give up.

you mustn't give up so easily!! ugh, women... and men... ugh. people!!!

anyway, yea, it sucks, when guys like other people that arn't you when you like them. bleh. been there... well i am there. lol. it sucks hxc.  

Kogru

K1T3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:28 pm
well this time tell him how you feel. don't hold abck.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:45 pm
If i do just out and say it. How would he react?

Kogru
you mustn't give up so easily!! ugh, women... and men... ugh. people!!!

anyway, yea, it sucks, when guys like other people that arn't you when you like them. bleh. been there... well i am there. lol. it sucks hxc.

I agree. Ugh people!!! And their complications.

Turns out the girl he likes, doesn't even know who he is. Hah, i was talking to her on msn today.
I couldn't help but laugh.  

Cri-chi

K1T3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:59 pm
he'll react in disbelief and his 1st thought could probably be. she liked me? i had no idea. you shouldn't be so shy. that's our job lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 am
Arr it's more nerveracking then it sounds.

I hope he reacts the way you say.

Would it be better in person? Or is confessing okay over msn?
I know that if you want to ask someone out, it should be face to face.  

Cri-chi

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces