Yes
  Hell No
  Don't care
  Semi
  I like gold.....
View Results

Coll Ohmsford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:46 pm
Where does it begin? Where does it end? Who decides? Why am I asking these questions? Any way. I believe that like normality, popularity is just an illusion created by us to make people feel better about themselves. Think about it. What are people giving up to be popular?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:49 pm
Kind of straight forward...but its what you see everyone trying to mimic. Its what humans believe to be the "thing" in, and acceptable. What's not popular is that which no one wants to be part of, also know as "norm" but popularity actually is NORM  

The Green Jester

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:56 am
popular is anyone that is known for more than a certain number of persons, but then you have the social class of "popular ppl" and they are just ppl that usually is ignorant enough to worry about the make up or the car instead of other ppl problems.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:18 am
Popularity is not strictly an illusion. Your level of popularity(so to speak) is how well you are known(liked or not and wether you agree with it or not)and only in the sense that popularity is how well your liked, is it an illusion.  

The God Filicide

5,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:26 pm
It is not an illusion. It means a lot of people like, or dislike, you. That is all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:19 pm
well usually the "popular" people in school are your jocks and cheerleaders and the people they decide to hang out with...if your not with the so called "crowd" then your out. But you pretty much have to give up who you are to be in that crowd...your style, music, friends, morals and values...what you believe in the most to have that "popularity" for one day heck even a second and it really is to feel better about youself. Because most of the time your tired of getting picked on or called names such as "devil Worshiper" or "Goth" when in real life your the total opposite...and popularity can be linked to stero typing which is a different story.  

gearheadwhat

Kirotoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:28 am
Yes, the popular people.. They arent that tough. But they are annoying. Popular kids can be people who are friends and hang out alot.. usually hating on others. Then there are the popular people who are based of one or more person's. Frankly I dont care for em.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 am
popularity is when everyone knows and likes you and wants to hang out with you, for whatever reason. could be the clothes you wear, the attitude you wear, your personality. usually its someone who concerns him/herself with the "in" things, and those that express confidence in themselves socially.  

Calypsophia

Renkinjutsushi Kioku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:56 pm
Popularity starts off with a person that wants to imitate another. And so, here comes in that quote "Human beings copy each other." Another possibility is that because of the media people watch always consists of celebrities that are popular. By imitating them, the indelible thought that circles around their brain is, "By doing what they do, I'll become like them." That's all it takes for a human to dive into a total waste of time. C'mon, if you're not popular, you're best staying where you are; so as the reason why you were not chosen (No, not chosen as in by the popular kids. Chosen as a person with some kind of dignity in this world) to do so. It can be stopped easily. Just ask yourself, "Why am I doing this...? Why do I need to become popular? Is there a point to it?" 95% of the time, the answer would come out as a negative, therefore, no popularity. Humans are easy to manipulate, eh? (Don't worry, I'm not evil.) I notice in all my thoughts containing Philosophy and Psychology that people tend to repeat the same procedures during the whole process. In more common knowledge, life is just so repetitive along with the people that live it.

Oh, and to answer your question, I'm not popular. AT ALL. I don't even get acknowledgment for my actions. I'm a total nerd compared to my classmates. Or possibly "not even human at all." To think how wrong they are...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:19 pm
Being popular is EXHAUSTING. I was a normal person on the verge of being classified as "nerd" (those ppl who called me that are suckish anyway lol). Then in middle school I got popular (still don't know how that happened) and let me tell you... IT WAS HARD. People are constantly in your business. You get a boyfriend, and people you didn't know existed know about your relationship. Rumors whizz past your ear everyday. They say you got that bruise on your eyebrow because you had a fight, but you really just bumped your head. You spend all your energy trying to keep your popularity status, so you end up tired when you get home. I already gave up popularity, but it doesn't seem to stay away. I'm a normal person now, but on the very tip of being called popular AGAIN (nooooooooooooooooo! lol)  

Kyakume

Captain Treky

Dapper Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 am
For one thing what is the definition of normal. Is it popular kids, unpopular, nerds, or total losers. Actually I think there is no "normal" its just something the "popular kids" made up. So yeah, I basically hate all the "in crowd" kids in my school.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 pm
I suppose that, for some, ignorance is bliss.
they THINK that popularity is all that matters.
it isn't.
in fact, it hardly matters at all.
love to explain, but I gotta go.  

Mad Haru

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 pm
"Popularity" is "being known" by a bigger mass of people. An actor is probably popular, because a lot of people remind him in a special movie, or so. Or music is popular because it's heard by many people.

People who're popular at school have a lot of contacts and usually build up a very fragile verasion of it. I mean, I still can't remind all those names of a**holes. If you have a popularity problem, give an f about it. It's better to have less good friends, than a huge amount of bad ones!

That's it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:32 am
Nah, ppl gotta watch the teen movies to get what popularity is nowadays...  

KienaiHisako

Grunnyland Gaian

15,750 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150

alvira in autumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 pm
I believe popularity is a mix of apparently good looks, confidence, sometimes talents, sociability, and most of all: luck.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff