View Results

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:18 pm
ok heres the question. what is after death? i mean does any body know. the only reason im afraid of death is i dont know whats after it u know. if its all that great why does every one stress about the after life. i just dont get it. i cant imagine what death is like. do u get reborn or do u just not exist or does every one live in their ideal world

sweatdrop
oh whell i dont get it  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:17 pm
Its best not to think about such matters its a waste of time and thought. Death is part of life and thats all i think anyone needs to to know they don't need to know what happens after death. I know its common for humans to be afraid of what they don't know but thats a flaw that can be gotten over. Death is a mystery that doesn't need to be solved  

Zeal3000

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 am
i already answer this in a thread called "concerning darnation" mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:07 pm
well...all who are alive can't answer with REAL CERTAINTY. it all depends on ur beliefs. some think u would go to heaven or hell, others that nothing happens, others u become a ghost, or u are reborn, or any other of those theories. whatever happens, happens. u won't kno until u die, and afterwards u can't tell anyone bcs u r dead. sorry if i sound mean, but i think that's the plain truth. in my belief, one way or another, we "evolve". as in, since we have a soul, our soul can travel to heaven, or if we aren't happy, we stay as "ghosts" until we are, or something like that.  

Sotur

The God Filicide

5,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:09 am
The phrase i describe life with is this: "You can't find peace until you've found suffering". It can also be reworded by those of you who are religiously savy: "You must go through Hell to get to Heaven". They both make severly adequit conversation peices, let me elaborate.
"You cant find peace until you've found suffering" stands for a person not knowing what a good thing is untill they have experienced a bad one of the same relative situation.
"You must go through Hell to get to Heaven" stands for the same principle but is more accepted by non-church going christians than non-christians. This phrase can also be understood by non-religious groups in the sense that Life=Hell(because life also equals stress) and Death=Heaven(all together removing the afterlife from the frame of mind you are thinking in which is required to understand it in this sense)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:56 pm
Driinex_the_Flower_Child
ok heres the question. what is after death? i mean does any body know. the only reason im afraid of death is i dont know whats after it u know. if its all that great why does every one stress about the after life. i just dont get it. i cant imagine what death is like. do u get reborn or do u just not exist or does every one live in their ideal world

sweatdrop
oh whell i dont get it

My theory -

Whatever you honestly and truly believe will happen to you...that's what will happen to you.

However, if you have no set belief for the afterlife, then you will be "trapped" in the afterlife your closest loved one has immagened for you.

According to this theory, agnostics with Relgious family, take warning - without a firm beleif on your own, you may be headed for hell because your family thinks you are. Come up with something, and believe it.  

FriendlyFangirl88

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:07 am
it is said that energy (which is all things) cannot be created or destroyed, merely transformed into something else. I believe that's a scientific statement. and with that logic, I believe that death is is a transition, not an end. people fear it because they fear the unknown.. I mean here is the possibility of an experience beyond anything we know. and for some people, they may fear the eternal nothingness of a dreamless sleep. but anything could happen. but just like with all everyday fears we have, I think we'll find there's really nothing to be afraid of. whatever it is that happens to us will be part of the natural cycle of life (death itself is a natural part of life, and life does exist in cycles, like the seasons). it's entirely possible we can be reincarnated. in fact, to me that makes the most sense.

but really, for all we know this life is it and no one can know these things until they've died, and since no one has ever come back to say what happens then we'll just have to wait to find out. it really isnt worth worrying over. if you spend your life fearing your death.. which is inevitable, you wont ever really live life to it's fullest.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:47 am
I don't really know either. I'm kind or scared or it...lately alot because it just it home..... crying cry  

XCrunner178

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am
XCrunner178
I don't really know either. I'm kind or scared or it...lately alot because it just it home..... crying cry

I'm not sure what you mean... did someone in your life recently pass away? if so, I'm very sorry to hear it sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:45 pm
I think there is a tunnel with a light at one end and darkness at the other. I also think that it symbolizes heaven and hell. I personally think that you should just turn to the side and face the walls of the tunnel then walk through the walls.  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:07 am
MuffinChick54
I think there is a tunnel with a light at one end and darkness at the other. I also think that it symbolizes heaven and hell. I personally think that you should just turn to the side and face the walls of the tunnel then walk through the walls.

did you know, that there is an area in the brain that can be stimulated by electrodes and cause the white light phenomenon and out-of-body sensation that is associated with near-death experience? it's true. it's been experimented with on living subjects.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Calypsophia
MuffinChick54

did you know, that there is an area in the brain that can be stimulated by electrodes and cause the white light phenomenon and out-of-body sensation that is associated with near-death experience? it's true. it's been experimented with on living subjects.

yeah, i heard that once, but still, nobody have dead and comeback to tell rite? cuz even the ones that have had near death experience or the ones that have being dead for a while before being resurrected havent passed out the time that the brain takes to turn off(yes, like a comp if you get me) I mean, everything about after life is unknown, the best you can get is some theories that arent completed cuz they still dont know about 2 of 3 things important in life... and blah blah blah... well i have a pretty good one it jsut that am missing 2 of 3 things that it just cant be founded in the library...  

I am Yuu-chan

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:15 am
I am Yuu-chan
Calypsophia
MuffinChick54

yeah, i heard that once, but still, nobody have dead and comeback to tell rite? cuz even the ones that have had near death experience or the ones that have being dead for a while before being resurrected havent passed out the time that the brain takes to turn off(yes, like a comp if you get me) I mean, everything about after life is unknown, the best you can get is some theories that arent completed cuz they still dont know about 2 of 3 things important in life... and blah blah blah... well i have a pretty good one it jsut that am missing 2 of 3 things that it just cant be founded in the library...

no, I agree no one can know what happens truly once your brain totally shuts down. I liken the information that comes thru the mind to be like radio waves, and the physical brain to be the radio. my mentioning about scientific experiments on the part of the brain that causes near-death experience was meant to let that person know that just because it's what people have experienced after their heart has stopped for a minute or two doesnt mean that's what the after life is like. it's like that experiment on the brain was tinkering with a radio causing the radio waves to do things it wouldnt normally do in a perfectly healthy living being. but that doesnt mean that there is nothing after death. even if the radio is broke, the radio waves exist... they just cant come thru that radio anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:26 am
Calypsophia
I am Yuu-chan
Calypsophia
MuffinChick54

no, I agree no one can know what happens truly once your totally shuts down. I liken the information that comes thru the mind to be like radio waves, and the physical brain to be the radio. my mentioning about scientific experiments on the part of the brain that causes near-death experience was meant to let that person know that just because it's what people have experienced after their heart has stopped for a minute or two doesnt mean that's what the after life is like. it's like that experiement on the brain was tinkering with a radio causing the radio waves to do things it wouldnt normally do in a perfectly healthy living being. but that doesnt mean that there is nothing after death. even if the radio is broke, the radio waves exist... they just cant come thru the radio anymore.

exactly smile  

I am Yuu-chan

sand1291

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:17 pm
whatever happens it wont be good for me, whatever higer power there is hates me.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff