No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
How do you deal with childhood abuse? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you go though some type of abuse as a child?
  Yes.
  No, and I'm happy that I didn't.
View Results

LadyTimePiece

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm
If you need people to support you in getting through your problems, I found this GREAT online support group. It's a God send. It has helped me through so much this on coming year and if I didn't have it I'm sure I wouldn't be doing as well as I am right now. I never recommend much of anything, but I'm recommending this. If you need help, go here. There kindness will probably make you cry.: www.dailystrength.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sexually, verbally, physically, and emotionally abused as a child.
How do I get over hating the people that caused me to develope the way I did when I was so young?

This person that sexually abused me I still secretly loathe, how do I move on?

And I can't seem to get over some of the ways I've developed.
While I'm happy that I have become a strong person in not becoming someone I am not, I hate the fact that I have such a horrible temper and that I am extremely lonely because my social skills float on a moving scale.

That's not all.
Talk to me about your experiences, and give me your advice, and maybe you'll be able to unravel me more and help me to grow past these things.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:51 pm
I am dealing with this stuff, my dad puts me down often for not making sports my life like he and my big brother have, and he gets drunk often, very annoying when he is.  

Apotheis

Beloved Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 pm
Xaron the destroyer
I am dealing with this stuff, my dad puts me down often for not making sports my life like he and my big brother have, and he gets drunk often, very annoying when he is.
Yay! Drunkeness!
My dad is an alcoholic, but he doesn't drink anymore...
which is good.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 pm
I was sexualy abused... By my grandfather... I think on one knows it, it was a long time ago. I'm not over it, cause when I see him, it makes me sick. he is sick now... sometimes I wish he dies... but karma is a b***h, so I just keep the distance...  

Nammu

K1T3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 pm
i was verbally abused. my social skills are low. so i try to find someone who can help me deal w/it. like a huggle buddy  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:17 am
Nammu
I was sexualy abused... By my grandfather... I think on one knows it, it was a long time ago. I'm not over it, cause when I see him, it makes me sick. he is sick now... sometimes I wish he dies... but karma is a b***h, so I just keep the distance...
My brother sexually abused me, but it only happened once. But I was in the first grade when it happened.
I hate the thought of insest, it makes me sick and I'm so ashamed of it.  

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Moonlit_Butterflies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:55 am
PermeliaOpus
Nammu
My brother sexually abused me, but it only happened once. But I was in the first grade when it happened.
I hate the thought of insest, it makes me sick and I'm so ashamed of it.

What!? You are ashamed?! Don't be it was your brothers sick and twisted acts. It's not like you wanted it! You should have told someone the day it happened. Even if it wasn't your parents you should of told a teacher or the police. This is the biggest mistake people who are abused in anyway make, the never tell anyone. Wanna know something...And I'm sure you know this...If you don't tell anyone and try to pretend it's not happening...It wont go away...And sometimes if you are lucky, it gets worse. If you're wondering how to get over it...I'd suggest an mental therapist...'cause thats what it's going to take most likely. Thats what it took for me...and no I wont share thank you...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:02 am
K1T3
i was verbally abused. my social skills are low. so i try to find someone who can help me deal w/it. like a huggle buddy
How long did the verbal abuse continue?
Huggle buddies are awesome!  

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500

K1T3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:12 pm
PermeliaOpus
K1T3
it's been going on since we moved to our new home. 5 yrs. 5 miserable years. but i decided to play w/ legos to help take my mind of it. go into my own world where everything can make me laugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:18 am
I was teased a lot and had nop friends at allin primary school. So at the end of it I got raped by the teacher. D: Because I always ran to him he thought I saw him as something more than a teacher while in fact he was the only one who could stop it.
If I could blame my folks for anything I'd say neglection. My dad never helps me no matter what I say. All he does is make sarcastic remarks. I get food and a roof above my head, but that's about it. My mum died in labor, and I have this stephmum with a (terrible) stephsister now which really sucks.
So recently I moved in with my bf ad things are prettyy cool. surprised I still hate school thouggh. Most people detest me because I'm the quiet/brutally honest type of guy. sweatdrop

How to deal with it? Just do what you're comfortable with. 3nodding Things will be better. 3nodding biggrin heart heart

Dominique Devlin

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:50 am
K1T3
PermeliaOpus
K1T3
it's been going on since we moved to our new home. 5 yrs. 5 miserable years. but i decided to play w/ legos to help take my mind of it. go into my own world where everything can make me laugh.
Well that's a good idea.
So it's still going on? sad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:52 am
Dominique Devlin
I was teased a lot and had nop friends at allin primary school. So at the end of it I got raped by the teacher. D: Because I always ran to him he thought I saw him as something more than a teacher while in fact he was the only one who could stop it.
If I could blame my folks for anything I'd say neglection. My dad never helps me no matter what I say. All he does is make sarcastic remarks. I get food and a roof above my head, but that's about it. My mum died in labor, and I have this stephmum with a (terrible) stephsister now which really sucks.
So recently I moved in with my bf ad things are prettyy cool. surprised I still hate school thouggh. Most people detest me because I'm the quiet/brutally honest type of guy. sweatdrop

How to deal with it? Just do what you're comfortable with. 3nodding Things will be better. 3nodding biggrin heart heart

I'm sorry, are things getting a little bit better for you though?  

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 am
sohot2notb4gotton
You all need to learn that you have to love yourself. Do you get anywhere by hating someone! NO. Revenge just makes you crazy and one day it'll backfire on you. You have to learn to have faith in yourself and to try to reach out for some comfort. Even though you might not have a lot of trustworthy friends then you have people on gaia here who will listen to your voice. I know people like Askeptykal who would listen to your problems and give you advice without judging you.
Do not talk about forgiveness so savagely here. If you have something to say that you believe so strongly, wait until you know the person to say the things that you wish. I don't know about the others, but I AM touchy about this subject, so please don't be so rash in your decision to down the way that I, or anyone else for that matter, has progressed in their lives by the way that they have developed. This is a support section. You are aloud to disagree, but you are not aloud to bash someone with your words. I apprieciate your kindness in the aspect of caring about our well-being, but please choose your words better than you have.

I'm not saying take pitty on other people, but in a situation such a this, a soul has been bared raw to the world and it's quite easy for it to become infected.
I have no other thoughts in my head as to how else to address this, but I really hope you have taken consideration to people's feelings a little bit more.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:06 am
I will speak of my experiences, and possible ways that I helped myself get through them, after this situation has passed.  

LadyTimePiece

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers