Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
i dont know..help please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:16 pm
I was talking to..you could say my girlfriend but you see we were talking and she's afraid we wont have a future or something together..to die without thoughts of one another. She told me that she intended to find a Christian boy whom she liked..but i made an impression on her as she did i and but now she's afraid of the feelings..I'm not Christian i am athiest and have been because i had to basically grow up alone without friends..my own parents never even paid attention to me so i learned to be independent. Since i was young i never Beleived in a god Never Beleived a God would give me such a rough life that there was someone who created us in his Image to rejoice his Presence. I helped myself i had no faith.. but i love her i would do anything for her but..this its a problem i really want to be able to pass for her im willing to throw My past away All of it and start over..but i dont know in my heart i still dont believe theres a god.. can someone help somehow?  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:18 pm
Take it from an expert, your better off without a religion, best to have your own morals and ways of life.

PLUS

Atheist girls are good too :3

But you can do as you want to get a girl .__.

Good luck with that buddy!  

Aenemic_Grav

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:21 pm
Not really the kind of response i was expecting..But i dont want another girl and thats where the Problem is There ISNT another girl i want and Im willing to change Anything about myself to be with her...and i dont know the Term LOVE is Passed around Oh too frequently nowadays anyhow...  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:25 pm
Explore the cave that is my chest,

I thought relationships are about respecting one another neutral
Respect and Relationships go hand in hand. If there's no respect, then there's no point in chasing a relationship.
But that's just my opinion. Take from it what you will.

A torch reveals there's nothing left.

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:30 pm
Ok i dont know how it sounds to everyone else but Everything is Perfect between us Except this We get along we Respect one another to the point we argue over who deserves to Apologize for something namely We Couldnt Get along any better but this had her concerned i would be mad because i am one who speaks his mind even if that includes things they dont want to her. I renounced Cussing for her. Im willing to do Anything for her as she is for me..And i want to do this for her but i dont really believe in it and we're honest with one another we can tell when something is bugging the other and this might be one of those things..  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm
Explore the cave that is my chest,

So, it's not respect...
And it's not religion, I think...
emo I feel like I'm no help.
I don't know what to say.

A torch reveals there's nothing left.

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:35 pm
No it IS religion...  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm
Love: Love is doing what's best for the other person.

Would changing yourself be best for her? You believe what you believe, she believes what she believes. If she is forcing her beliefs upon you... Is it really worth it? neutral

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:42 pm
No She isnt Forcing her Believes on me She isnt Doing anything She's just afraid that because of that we wont have a future together. Ive changed myself for the Better Seeing her happy makes me happy So im willing to change anything about myself (i even got 2 years worth of hair cut for her)..but i don't really believe in it and Lying to her about something like that..thats no where near right  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:49 pm
Just because you believe in two different things... doesn't mean you can't be together. Hell, my RL mom is Cristian and my dad's a athiest, and they get along just fine. He doesn't force his beliefs on her and visa-versa. If you try and change yourself, your not just lying to her, your lying to yourself. Don't try to change your beliefs. Who do you want her to love? You? Or a Lie?  

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Exploding V a g i n a

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:54 pm
Good point...I do want her to love me not a Image i want to create for her..Thanks you've given me alot to think about..  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:56 pm
Glad to help. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sotur

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:12 pm
well, i dunno if u r still looking for opinions or not, but here's mine: i can't say i'm a catholic bcs i dont attend mass...EVER! [i used to, but its been a long time since i've stopped]. anyway, i belive in God, while my bf doesn't. he, too, is an atheist. we've been together for almost 2 years now, and thanks to the fact that we respect each other, that we don't force any belifs on one another, we've gotten along perfectly fine. evry now and then we discuss what we'd do if we ever got married and had children, what we'd teach them, if to believe or not to believe. honestly speaking, i don't think much about it. until it happens, i haven't wanted to enter the matter, but my thought is i'd teach them to believe. that's not the point, anyway; point is, so far we've gotten along just fine regardless of the fact that i believe there's a God and he doesn't. if u both know how to deal with that, if it doesn't bother u that she believes and it doesn't bother her that u don't [as it seems rather clear from what u said] then there should be no problem. as long as u both respect each other's thoughts and opinions [as it seems u do] there shou;d be no problem about the future. when the time comes u can discuss what will happen with ur children's instruction on religious beliefs, and until then, there should be no collision  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:03 pm
Religion... You are supposed to choose the one that most closely matches your own morals and beliefs.... You decide your religion, your religion should never decide you.
She has to love you for you, not for your religion. And she does, right? She's just scared.... So you need to reassure her somehow.

If you have grown up never believing in a higher power, then I don't think it's likely that you ever will. You shouldn't live a lie. It'll only hurt you.

And, if this helps... Maybe you could compromise in someway? My mom loves the fact that her boyfriend goes to church with her every Sunday. And she really loves raising his kid Catholic. It's rather sick.........
But anyway, maybe it would help her if you promise to go to church with her and raise any possible children in her faith? That would be a proven committment to her, and will probably reassure her? But please don't promise to lie to yourself and her about your beliefs....  

xCrimsonTeersx

Tree of Knowledge28

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:23 pm
If you truly have your heart set on at least attempting to become Christian, I'd ask her about it. Ask her what it means, what she believes. She'll help you. You may be surprised at how you can change, and feel good about it. I was atheist most of my childhood, but I'm Christian now, and I'm happier.

Now this isn't the advice I think most Christians would give, but if you give it a try and/or just decide it's not who you are, ask her for a compromise. Even if you can't believe in God, perhaps you could choose to live by His morals? Y'know, love thy enemy, be accepting and selfless, and generally a good person. Talk to her about that as well.

Whatever you choose, whether it be Christianity, a compromise, or nothing at all, remember that she should accept you for who you are. Never feel that you have to be someone you're not. If she loves you she'll understand that. You say you'd give anything for each other.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games