Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haruhi ftw~
  <3
View Results

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I can't believe that this guild doesn't a have Haruhi thread. TT _ TT

--

Plot (from Wikipedia):

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the high school life of Haruhi Suzumiya and those who are caught up in her antics. While Haruhi is the central character to the plot, the story is told from the point of view of Kyon, one of Haruhi's classmates.

Kyon is an ordinary freshman high school student who only recently given up his fantasies of espers, time travelers, aliens etc. as he left middle school. When he chooses to speak to one eccentric girl by the name of Haruhi Suzumiya, he unwittingly sets off a chain of events which drag him into surreal situations; he is drawn further into a world eerily like the fantasies he had just managed to outgrow, with Haruhi Suzumiya at its center.

Searching for a group that interests her, Haruhi joins and quits every club in school finding only dissatisfaction. Kyon makes a snide remark about her actions and accidentally provides Haruhi the inspiration to create a club of her own. To help start the club, Haruhi forcefully drafts Kyon, who only stays in the club to protect (or try to protect) other helpless victims of Haruhi's "voluntary arrests". As the story progresses, Kyon finds that each of these supposedly "helpless victims" has a specific reason to be there.

Except for Kyon, the students in the club are secret agents of various organizations who are sent to observe Haruhi. They gradually explain that Haruhi has superhuman control over every aspect of the universe - an ability which she is unaware of. Whenever Haruhi becomes bored or otherwise dissatisfied with reality, she unconsciously creates a new universe - one more to her liking - and attempts to switch over. This leads to the destruction of the current universe. To prevent this, the members of Haruhi's club spend their time trying to keep their god-like leader entertained, hold her powers in check, and maintain the illusion of a normal life.

--

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is LICENSED. The first volume of the dubbed DVD is slated to come out on May 29, and the second volume comes out on July 7.

For more information: [x]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 pm
Ah, this series seems interesting. My friends really likes it, and she had memorized the special ending dance already, and has conscripted me to be Kyon for a cosplay next year.  

locke317

yotsuba13

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:09 pm
I love this anime! I wish I could be like your friend and be able to concentrate hard enough to learn the dance. I get too distracted, and I've got too much fluff between the ears.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:45 pm
locke317
Ah, this series seems interesting. My friends really likes it, and she had memorized the special ending dance already, and has conscripted me to be Kyon for a cosplay next year.

xx gonk You serious?! I wanna cosplay as Nagato or something. XD

I'm working on the ending dance, too. It's mad hard, though.

Shigures Editor

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:46 pm
yotsuba13
I love this anime! I wish I could be like your friend and be able to concentrate hard enough to learn the dance. I get too distracted, and I've got too much fluff between the ears.

xx Don't worry, I'm not very good at the dance, either. And though I try to concentrate while watching the uber-slow-beginner version of the dance, I just crack up 'cause of the freaky voices. XDDDD

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:17 pm
Shigures Editor
locke317

xx gonk You serious?! I wanna cosplay as Nagato or something. XD

I'm working on the ending dance, too. It's mad hard, though.

Yep. Dead serious. I just finished the series, and I really enjoyed it. Especially episode 00. We have everyone but Koizumi. And, I have made a bit of progress with the dance, but I haven't tried very hard.  

locke317

yotsuba13

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:45 pm
Shigures Editor
yotsuba13

xx Don't worry, I'm not very good at the dance, either. And though I try to concentrate while watching the uber-slow-beginner version of the dance, I just crack up 'cause of the freaky voices. XDDDD

In the opening I can do the hand moving parts of the song. You know, where Asahina is dressed as a cheerleader and all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:56 am
I finally watched this over the weekend (since the DVD recently came out.) It was quite entertaining. Too bad my dense brother won't give it a chance ; it's exactly up the alley of something he would like to watch.

I can't wait till DVD 2 comes out. Episodes 0 through 3 were quite entertaining. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

kairi_angel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:10 pm
YEEEESSS...

I love this anime to bits. I like Hirano Aya's voice more than Wendee Lee's though. Wendee also isn't as f*cking adorable as Hirano.

So adorable I think I'd diiie....

Eh? Anyway.

Is it a bad thing that I memorized the dance as well? xD
Oh and to who want to know...I heard the next volume comes out in July. x3
(of course some of you may already know that. xD)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:20 pm
Oh and to those who care:
I have the cosplay ribbon. kukuku.

It's a bit sad though. It slips on my head if I don't put it on right and the orange isn't as bright. It's like depressing orange. xD

...I like to brag. Shut up. xp  

kairi_angel

kairi_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:04 pm
After reading you guys' comments...HOW IS THE DANCE HARD? I could do it and I can't dance.
It's all arm movements. Just practice a bit and watch a lot of videos. And remember: If her arm is on the left side of the screen, it's her right so stick out your right. Saves a lot of confusion. <<'  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:48 pm
Ah, I'm cosplaying as Itsuki at AX this year and possibly competing in the Haruhi dance contest. [/random]  

EvilChopstix

kairi_angel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:15 pm
Aaah I love Koizumi.

If only I had enough people at school who even knew what Haruhi was...
I forced my anime club to watch it but they were weirded out and retards. ._.' I wanna do the Hare Hare Yukai so bad if it kills me.

Oh and I laughed out loud when I saw your sig Chopstix. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 am
I now have the first part of the dance done. You know, the part up until Asahina has a solo?  

yotsuba13

Dapper Explorer

kairi_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:19 pm
It's kinda hard for me to practice since my parents hear every step I make in my room...<<'

They think I'm running in circles or something.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games