Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CynthiaDS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:05 am
Do the words "I love you" mean anything to you?

When I hear those words, I find that the people who say them do not say them like they mean them. But, how much meaning do those three words hold to you guys?

And what do they mean to you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:56 pm
Sadly, like many words, they have been so overused and confused with other things that they have very little meaning anymore.  

KaguraOfTheWind

Linken_Bogard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:15 pm
That is sad. The words "I love you" should mean so much to people, but they don't anymore. It's like there is no "real" love anymore. Everyone is being as used as the words that are said.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:42 pm
It depends on teh context, but yes, generally it doesnt mean much in an uberly serious sense. Most of teh time these days it either doesnt mean anythign at all, or just a term of basic friend-to-friend affection.  

mushroom maya

ichidesu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:57 am
i dont like to say i love you. unless im saying it to my parents...
because if i told people that are really close to me, that i love them...
it starts to loose the meaning after a while...
plus...
im also closing myself down right now. haha. as awkward as that sounds.
im not allowing anyone to get close to me.
that way, i can never get hurt. =]
haha. it makes perfect sense to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:52 pm
u.u sadly those words are starting to loose value to me, they still have some but...it is not as important as before, it really depends on the situation and the person who says it.  

xiaryth

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200

dantedelano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:57 am
the words are full of meaning. the phrase can make or break a person. when used the right way, the words can make a person smile for weeks on end. when the words are used to much, it is no longer truly the phrase, but empty words. to me, there are many levels of love. we are to love one another, yes. i love the world as much as i can, for we are all human beings, no matter the color of skin. we all share this planet, so we are all of one family. there is the love of friends, when you have someone close. that is amazing. then, there is love love. the love between two people, stronger than anyone can imagine. that is an amazing bond. these are what love means to me  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:28 am
If the words, "I love you," are spoken with sincerity they can speak volumes.  

Keiji Death Kiss

NorthStar87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:34 pm
It means what you make it mean  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 pm
User Image hAppY

I don't know...the other day I was cuddling with my like closest guy friend and he pulled me closer towards him and whispered in my ear "I don't know how you feel, but I kinda love you"
he has said he loved me before, but I could tell he didn't really mean it like that
but that time, it seemed like he really really meant it

so...I guess it kinda depends how it is said if it has meaning or not 3nodding

but I do think the world says it too much and it has lost some meaning over years and generations..

SmILe User Image

Faerie Dreams

Lucky Star

Radioactive Lint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:45 pm
ichidesu
i dont like to say i love you. unless im saying it to my parents...
because if i told people that are really close to me, that i love them...
it starts to loose the meaning after a while...
plus...
im also closing myself down right now. haha. as awkward as that sounds.
im not allowing anyone to get close to me.
that way, i can never get hurt. =]
haha. it makes perfect sense to me.

it does make sense in your head.
thats how I used to be.
but then other people dont understand.
& it screws everything up even more.
& you get called an "Ice Queen"
& lose your best friend.

on the subject of "I Love You"...those words have become so overused and rated. They mean nothing to me anymore. I feel like I say it a gazillion times a day without even thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm
Yea they are overused.To obad most ppl dont see the value in those words "I love u"  

LadyAceAwsome

Seergirl

6,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:06 pm
Yeah it's overused and it's really kinda disappointing that there is only one word for love in English. cause there's different kinds of love and that one word just doesn't explain it all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:33 pm
Ha. The words I love you mean absolutely nothing to me.
I mean seriously. You could get a whore to say I love you if you give her a couple of beers and start crying from your pants. (wink)
If I want to know if someone has any feelings for me what soever, I'd stunt a suicidal attempt. I don't mean a real one, I mean getting into a dumb a** fight with craziest psycho b***h in school, or go to raider's territory and start shouting D.P.G.
I mean, a 7 yar old girl tells her teddy bear that she loves it. You don't see her making out with it the next second.
A highschooler tells you he/she loves you. The next day, he/she is in some other person's mouth, and tells you he/she did it because you didn't get 'em anything for flag day. rolleyes
Even in marraige it means nothing. Because if it did, the word cheating would only reffer to a test, or a game.

Afi_Kino

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:21 pm
Sad thing is that's true people say it as an offhand greeting to their friends I have a couple friends that even say it as a joke which is kind of depressing. Another sad thing is the people that actually say it and mean it in a special way get a lukewarm response like "Oh I like you too" which makes the few people that still think the words important to lose the meaning of it as well vicious cycle that.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff