Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
Which ipod nano has the most memory?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissDuckies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:40 pm
I'm going to get an ipod nano but i would like to know which color i should get. My friends said that each color has different ammount of songs. Which one do you guys reccomend?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:25 am
Every iPod has different memory it's because every single drive says the same amount but holds more of less than the target amount.

It doesn't really matter what color.  

Mr NekoNeko

MissDuckies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:02 pm
Prozac T Happypill
Every iPod has different memory it's because every single drive says the same amount but holds more of less than the target amount.

It doesn't really matter what color.

kk but i'm still confused about which one i should get... confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:50 am
Get the biggest one you can find which would be in any color but in an 8 gigabyte version, just talk to any main stream cansumer, and just go to apples website...  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

locke317

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:38 pm
As far as I am aware, all of the colors hold the same amount of songs. I thought that they all had roughly the same amount of memory.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:15 pm
The trick with iPods (or any MP3 device, really, even though iPod uses MP4s) is not to make it scan and upload every song you've got, because that usually includes all the crummy songs on every CD you've ripped onto your computer. And every CD has its crummy songs. 8 gigabytes is a lot, I've got a 4GB nano and haven't even filled half of it.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:53 pm
The color doesn't matter since every storage capacity available is also offered in every color available. Your friends are wrong. In short you can get a white 4GB nano and a white 8GB nano as well. If you've got the money to burn for an 8GB go for it, and make sure to ask for the color you want. You'll get better value for your money though if you go with a traditional iPod though. One thing to remember is that iPods aren't exactly meant to last very long... Apple itself has come out and said iPods have a typical life of 6 months with normal use. What "normal use" is I have no clue... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:00 pm
Um, are we talking about the 2nd generation, here? Because if so, the colour does matter. It's only the 4GB ones that come in the pink, green, orange, etc... the 8GB is in black, and the 2GB is in silver. So, you should probably see roughly how much memory the songs you want to upload take, then choose based on that. Also another factor is price- the more memory, the more expensive. Don't worry TOO much about the colour, tho, because you can always get skins to put over it that make it pretty designs and stuff. (& I happen to know a lot about this, because.... I researched about the Nano prior to getting one ~1 month ago)
The Apple website isn't very clear about all this, by the way, they're mostly hoping you'll be confused enough and buy without thinking. I recommend Wikipedia's entry on iPods for a more comprehensive review =)

Felidae Labyrinthine

Nothing2Hide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:33 pm
Get the 8 gig. That holds 2000 thousand song.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:52 pm
calor doesnt matter they all hold the same amout of songs  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

deleting account

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:48 pm
i wish i had an ipod  
"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff