Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
Those bluetooth ear pieces . . . Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluetooth ear pieces . . .
  Are SO COOOL! I wear mine ALL THE TIME!!!!
  Are okay.
  I don't care either way.
  They are SO LAME!
  They are alien technology that rewrites your memories!
  . . .
View Results

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:29 am
Okay, I'm sorry, but does anyone actually think those are cool? It seems to me that those things are for people that spend way too much time on their cell phones anyways and since they can't practically be permanently united with their phones by gluing them to the sides of their heads this is the next best thing. I know a guy who wears his bluetooth ear piece constantly whether he is on his phone or not and the ear piece has a little blue LED that flashes every second or so! I swear! I just wanna smack it right off his head! mad

Personally I equate the bluetooth ear piece to rank right up there with other classic fashion accessories of dorkhood such as the pocket protector and the fanny pack.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:35 am
Strideo don't worry about smacking it right of his head, he will take it off once he knows about the fact that those Bluetooth ear piece produce radiation and for wearing constantly on or off doesn't matter it's still affecting him. I say give him a week wearing that thing and he will feel sick because of it.
Bluetooth is ment to be worn when needed not as an accessory to show of 24/7. idiots  

Goddess Lia

Dynast Metallium

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:42 am
I know that some people use it for teleconferences when they have to use their cellphones and refuse to have that burning sensation that you feel when you've been talking on your phone for longer than half an hour. It's probably justified if you use it for that reason instead of sticking it in your ear because "OMG WHAT IF SOMEONE CALLS ME AND I CAN'T HEAR IT?!!!".

Either way, I find anyone who wears those earpieces and talks on them weird. Doesn't make any difference than talking to plain air, IMO.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:47 am
i dont wear blue tooth for 2 things

1 is way expensive
2 someone will stole it from me as soon as i walk downtown

other than that i dont care and think that those little things are great!!!  

Nitro-kun

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:52 am
My hands free thingy are the stereo headphones that came with my phone. They have a cord and a little microphone but I almost never use them for phone conversations it feels kind of weird to me, like I might look as though I'm talking to myself. Usually I just use them to listen to music while I walk the dog (if I get a phone call at that time then I'll talk using them). If I'm in the car I usually use speaker phone because it's the easiest way to get my hands free quickly.

In general I try not to talk on my cell in public though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:11 am
Ok I think bluetooths are helping but at the same time annoyances im iffy on them cause sometimes i dont wanna hold the fone but then it gets annoying to have that thing hanging on my ear giving me CANCER  

OF COURSE BBY

Dapper Dabbler

Dynast Metallium

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:41 am
Teh_KoOL_AiD_Man
Ok I think bluetooths are helping but at the same time annoyances im iffy on them cause sometimes i dont wanna hold the fone but then it gets annoying to have that thing hanging on my ear giving me CANCER

However, wearing the Bluetooth earpiece also emits radiation, and an overdose of radiation can't be that good for your body. You can't say that wearing the Bluetooth earpiece for the long term won't have negative side effects.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:10 am
I will tell you those things are the most irratating creations ever made. Yes you can be connnected any time anywhere.Who needs that kind of access. Why would some one limit themselves to only talking to their circle? I cannot tell you how many times I've been out and about and someone is just talking away like a crazy person and you realize oh they are on the phone. Now it's worse, they don't have a phone just talking in space, which is theory is cool. But please!! A person is limiting themselves significantly when they are on a cell phone. I urge individuals who must be continualy connected to HANG up and listen the the world around them and LISTEN to the people who are not talking on cell phones the birds the wind, absolute silence!! It's a wonderful world

Do I have a cell phone? You bet!! I have a prepaid deal and use it for emergencies only!! wahmbulance  

dragonfly1212

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 am
My mom wears a fannypack! surprised

But those people get on my nerves too. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:10 am
ah. the "bluetoothers" i call 'em.
me and my friends like to hunt them down.
its funny watching them talk cause its like they are talking to themselves xD

xNeon Canvas

Mr. If

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 pm
zphal_girl87

I have an incredibly nerdy friend who always wears one. He keeps stuff like laser pointers and even D20s in there so maybe he has skewed my entire perspective on them. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:41 pm
Mr. If
zphal_girl87

I have an incredibly nerdy friend who always wears one. He keeps stuff like laser pointers and even D20s in there so maybe he has skewed my entire perspective on them. xd

eek Omigawsh. xd

He failed his "save versus nerdyness" saving throw.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:49 pm
My mom and dad have them. I got one, but it's too much trouble for me to even turn on! The only time when I meigt even remotly use min is when I have my hand occupied (ie: doing dishes)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:24 pm
I know, my dad has one! He's really busy with his work though so I can understand. But once we went to a movie at the theaters and that damn blue light kept flashing in my eyes! I'm like, "Dad turn that thing off! It hurts my eyes a lot!" gonk  

Akatsuki Fox

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:10 pm
zphal_girl87
Mr. If
zphal_girl87

eek Omigawsh. xd

He failed his "save versus nerdyness" saving throw.
rofl  
"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces